AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 539 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next
 Pia Whitesell (remarried formerly Miller, nee Loyola) 
Message Author

Postby stircr@zy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:25 am

perfect set :dribble:

M 1080x1350 686

Monty Burns

Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:25 am

Postby wolverine » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 pm

:smile:

M 1080x1350 457
M 1080x1920 859
M 1080x1920 616
M 1080x1920 511
M 1080x1920 460
M 1080x1920 524
S 584x1444 476
S 812x1440 578

Capo Bastone

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 pm

Postby wolverine » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm

M 1440x1800 512

Capo Bastone

Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Postby wolverine » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 am

M 750x1333 232
M 750x1333 278
M 750x1333 220

Capo Bastone

Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 am

Postby BOC » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 pm

wolverine wrote:
I asked you twice to move on and you refused. You are arguing that I should remove the images I uploaded but only AFTER you modified your post quietly to upload them to this server yourself. So now it looks like I duplicated images on this server and you are acting offended. If your sense of right and wrong is so strong, why did you modify your original post to justify your arguments in later posts?

I have removed images I uploaded as there is no point in duplicates. But you have been banned for a month for editing your post unethically and ignoring admin warnings.

?? Seriously?

Maggie's Pacifier

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 pm

Postby wolverine » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm

BOC wrote:
wolverine wrote:
I asked you twice to move on and you refused. You are arguing that I should remove the images I uploaded but only AFTER you modified your post quietly to upload them to this server yourself. So now it looks like I duplicated images on this server and you are acting offended. If your sense of right and wrong is so strong, why did you modify your original post to justify your arguments in later posts?

I have removed images I uploaded as there is no point in duplicates. But you have been banned for a month for editing your post unethically and ignoring admin warnings.

?? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. What is your point? First post in 2 years and it's questioning admin's actions?

Having been around in this community for the last 20 years and last 10 as admin, I've seen and dealt with fair share of questionable personalities and characters (righteous, entitled and opinionated). They come and go, there is an inexhaustible number of them out there. I asked him a number of times to move on but he refused. So he got nudged to come to his senses, that's all.

Capo Bastone

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Postby BOC » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:16 am

wolverine wrote:
BOC wrote:
wolverine wrote:

?? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. What is your point? First post in 2 years and it's questioning admin's actions?

Having been around in this community for the last 20 years and last 10 as admin, I've seen and dealt with fair share of questionable personalities and characters (righteous, entitled and opinionated). They come and go, there is an inexhaustible number of them out there. I asked him a number of times to move on but he refused. So he got nudged to come to his senses, that's all.

Generally I keep to myself. I made the comment because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
Pretty clear that was blown way out of proportion way too quickly but I've been playing around on forums of one sort or another since the 90s and the one thing everyone accepts is you never copy someone else's posts or contributions. It's one of those unwritten internet forum laws no one with any sort of character violates. It's just not done. In his place I'd have been offended too. Let's face it. That was a banging post.
It would have been better to not do it in the first place but the simplest solution once the objection was raised would have been to accept it was an error in judgement and take it down. You had options at your disposal that would have been more than fair and given you the mirrors you wanted. You weren't having any of it though.
I don't think that was a questionable character. I read his other posts out of interest and to get a better idea. The reaction was a bit strong but his point was right.
That was a bad move, fella. From the start it was just a bad move.
If you make a mistake own it. People respect you for it. No one respects the heavy hand whose only real rule is "I do what I like and you just have to wipe your mouth". Doubling down with the big stick just makes you look bad.

Maggie's Pacifier

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:16 am

Postby wolverine » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm

BOC wrote:
Generally I keep to myself. I made the comment because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
Pretty clear that was blown way out of proportion way too quickly but I've been playing around on forums of one sort or another since the 90s and the one thing everyone accepts is you never copy someone else's posts or contributions. It's one of those unwritten internet forum laws no one with any sort of character violates. It's just not done. In his place I'd have been offended too. Let's face it. That was a banging post.
It would have been better to not do it in the first place but the simplest solution once the objection was raised would have been to accept it was an error in judgement and take it down. You had options at your disposal that would have been more than fair and given you the mirrors you wanted. You weren't having any of it though.
I don't think that was a questionable character. I read his other posts out of interest and to get a better idea. The reaction was a bit strong but his point was right.
If you make a mistake own it. People respect you for it. No one respects the heavy hand whose only real rule is "I do what I like and you just have to wipe your mouth". Doubling down with the big stick just makes you look bad.

I appreciate that you took the time to write your response and try and make your point rather than write a single word like in your original post. Nevertheless, I think we need to agree to disagree on my approach. I would really like to move on from this now.

Capo Bastone

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm

Postby BOC » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 am

wolverine wrote:
BOC wrote:

I appreciate that you took the time to write your response and try and make your point rather than write a single word like in your original post. Nevertheless, I think we need to agree to disagree on my approach. I would really like to move on from this now.

I wrote one word because one word should have been all that is necessary. An admin should behave better.
It shouldn't have started but you could have ended that as soon as it happened without all the fighting. It was a set of bad moves from the outset. You kept doubling down rather than put your hand up to an error in judgement. You banned him and called him "unethical" for adding a mirror to his own contribution! It was his contribution FGS! Not yours! The "unethical" move by any forum etiquette was you doing it. Bad form. "?? Seriously?" said everything that was required. No-one who has been around on forums as long as us would react any differently.
He's not entitled. Just standing up for what's right. Aggressively maybe but you didn't give him much option. You bullied him from a position of power to shut him up from calling you out. That etiquette has been universal to forums since the first newsgroups went online. It's inviolate. An admin who's been around for 20 years should know that. He was right. You were wrong. End of.
Move on all you like. Everyone knows the truth. And you owe that bloke an apology.

I've said my piece. I'm going back to being a quiet observer. But I'm right on this. And I think you know it even if you can't admit it.

Maggie's Pacifier

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 am

Postby ringofyre » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am

wolverine wrote:
I would really like to move on from this now.

BOC wrote:
I've said my piece. I'm going back to being a quiet observer.

I'm not generally a gambling man but I'll run odds on neither of those statements being true. Any takers?

Carl Carlson

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 539 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next