Message Author

Postby mickization » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 am

Milhouse Van Houten

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 am
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Sad news & best wishes to overcome it!

Quote:
FORMER Home and Away star Tessa James has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 23-year-old, who is married to rugby league star Nate Myles, has Hodgkin’s lymphoma and has returned to Australia to undergo chemotherapy.

Before the shock diagnosis, James had been based in Los Angeles pursuing acting opportunities, with her and Myles dividing their time between Queensland and the US.

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

Postby djmenow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Full story.

Quote:

The 23-year-old, who is married to rugby league star Nate Myles, has Hodgkin’s lymphoma and has returned to Australia to undergo chemotherapy.

Before the shock diagnosis, James had been based in Los Angeles pursuing acting opportunities, with her and Myles dividing their time between Queensland and the US.

The pair released an official statement about the diagnosis to the Daily Telegraph.

“Former Home and Away actor, Tessa James today announced she has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma,” the statement said. “She has returned home to the Gold Coast to be with her husband, Gold Coast Titans Co-captain, Nate Myles”.

“Tessa will be undergoing chemotherapy over the next few months,” the pair said in the statement. “Tessa and Nate would like to thank all for their well wishes and would ask for privacy during this very difficult time.

James played Nicole Franklin in Home and Away for three years and left the show because of interest from US agents.

She and Myles were married in January, 2012, in a top-secret ceremony.

There had been rumours of an on-off relationship between the pair but behind-the-scenes they were smitten and determined to make their relationship official.

James and Myles married in secret in 2012.

‘I tell her every day how luck I am to have her’: said Myles of James on their wedding day

Myles, who is six years older than his wife, popped the question spontaneously — presenting James with a pink toy ring inside her walk-in wardrobe, something the couple joked about when they publicly revealed their marriage plans.

After the wedding day, which was held in Melbourne, Myles said of James: “Honest to God, I tell her every day how lucky I am to have her and I will always love her.”

Guests at the ceremony included James’s Home and Away co-stars Jodi Gordon, Samara Weaving and Esther Anderson, while footballers including Braith Anasta and Todd Carney were also there.

Now only two years into their marriage, James and Myles will face one of life’s toughest challenges together. James is expected to undergo repeated rounds of chemotherapy — and possibly radiation depending on the advice of doctors — to ward off the disease.

Singer Delta Goodrem was also diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, when she was just 18 and at the top of the Australian music charts. Goodrem, now 29, underwent gruelling medical treatment and lost all her hair, before making a recovery from the disease.

Last year, on the 10-year anniversary of her diagnosis, Goodrem wrote to fans: “I was petrified and shook uncontrollably for the next 48 hours after hearing the words ‘You have cancer’. I am so thankful to be here today.”

In what must now be a heartening message for Tessa James, Goodrem wrote that she “hopefully stands as a symbol of hope and strength for those in the midst of their battle ... to know that they are not alone.”

Former Home and Away star Belinda Emmett was just 24 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 and she took a break from the show to undergo surgery and radiation treatment.

Three years later, it was discovered the cancer had spread to her bones. After her poignant wedding ceremony to her beloved Rove McManus, Emmett died in November 2006.

“Tessa is a much valued and loved member of the Home and Away family. She has a wonderful approach to life,” a Seven spokeswoman said.

“She has always been health conscious and is full of spirit. She will tackle the next six months with great determination and we wish her all the best for a speedy recovery and send all our love”.

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Postby der Meister » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 pm

:shock:

Milhouse Van Houten

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Tombslayer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:40 am

Good to see she hasn't lost that beautiful smile while being supported by her sister and mother as she battles cancer.

S 640x640 433

Bernice Hibbert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:40 am

Postby mickization » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:15 am

djmenow wrote:
Full story.

Quote:

The pair released an official statement about the diagnosis to the Daily Telegraph.

“Former Home and Away actor, Tessa James today announced she has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma,” the statement said. “She has returned home to the Gold Coast to be with her husband, Gold Coast Titans Co-captain, Nate Myles”.

“Tessa will be undergoing chemotherapy over the next few months,” the pair said in the statement. “Tessa and Nate would like to thank all for their well wishes and would ask for privacy during this very difficult time.

James played Nicole Franklin in Home and Away for three years and left the show because of interest from US agents.

She and Myles were married in January, 2012, in a top-secret ceremony.

There had been rumours of an on-off relationship between the pair but behind-the-scenes they were smitten and determined to make their relationship official.

James and Myles married in secret in 2012.

‘I tell her every day how luck I am to have her’: said Myles of James on their wedding day

Myles, who is six years older than his wife, popped the question spontaneously — presenting James with a pink toy ring inside her walk-in wardrobe, something the couple joked about when they publicly revealed their marriage plans.

After the wedding day, which was held in Melbourne, Myles said of James: “Honest to God, I tell her every day how lucky I am to have her and I will always love her.”

Guests at the ceremony included James’s Home and Away co-stars Jodi Gordon, Samara Weaving and Esther Anderson, while footballers including Braith Anasta and Todd Carney were also there.

Now only two years into their marriage, James and Myles will face one of life’s toughest challenges together. James is expected to undergo repeated rounds of chemotherapy — and possibly radiation depending on the advice of doctors — to ward off the disease.

Singer Delta Goodrem was also diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, when she was just 18 and at the top of the Australian music charts. Goodrem, now 29, underwent gruelling medical treatment and lost all her hair, before making a recovery from the disease.

Last year, on the 10-year anniversary of her diagnosis, Goodrem wrote to fans: “I was petrified and shook uncontrollably for the next 48 hours after hearing the words ‘You have cancer’. I am so thankful to be here today.”

In what must now be a heartening message for Tessa James, Goodrem wrote that she “hopefully stands as a symbol of hope and strength for those in the midst of their battle ... to know that they are not alone.”

Former Home and Away star Belinda Emmett was just 24 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 and she took a break from the show to undergo surgery and radiation treatment.

Three years later, it was discovered the cancer had spread to her bones. After her poignant wedding ceremony to her beloved Rove McManus, Emmett died in November 2006.

“Tessa is a much valued and loved member of the Home and Away family. She has a wonderful approach to life,” a Seven spokeswoman said.

“She has always been health conscious and is full of spirit. She will tackle the next six months with great determination and we wish her all the best for a speedy recovery and send all our love”.

Still not sure what to say really :sad:

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Postby zerohedge » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 am

Logies, 2008

M 1149x1947 415
L 2060x3000 395
M 1209x1911 361
L 2000x3000 427

Radioactive Man

Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 am

Postby Tombslayer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:16 am

Finished with chemo.

M 634x1040 613

Bernice Hibbert

Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:16 am

Postby atefooterz » Sun May 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Tessa was awesome as Gail in series2 ep1 of Love Child, no bikinis but stunning in 60-70s gear and great acting! :yes:

Santa's Little Helper

Sun May 10, 2015 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Tombslayer » Sun May 10, 2015 4:40 pm

atefooterz wrote:
Tessa was awesome as Gail in series2 ep1 of Love Child, no bikinis but stunning in 60-70s gear and great acting! :yes:

Agreed, pity they didn't keep her on for more than one episode.

Bernice Hibbert

Sun May 10, 2015 4:40 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 232 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next