AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 20 posts ] 
 SoulSeek 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Attention all of those of whom are still trying to find the best way to procure free mp3s.

I was Goggling my Yohoo on that newfangled triple dot W com Intermenet thingamajig that the kids these days are always banging on about, found a p2p called SoulSeek & decided to give it a go.

I've been on the 'net for about twelve years so have used the best p2p mp3 downloaders when they were all at their prime (eg: Napster, WinMX, Kazaa Lite, LimeWire & eMule) but there was some songs that I could never find. With SoulSeek I got them straight away. And I'm talking some really obscure stuff by local bands back in the mid-eighties who probably only ever had one vinyl single or EP so I was very surprised to find them - stunned actually! I never thought I'd even hear those songs again, let alone download them!

Just thought I'd share. :wink:

Ned Flanders

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Postby modecko » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 am

What a heap of crap and I might have done my dough on this.

I went through the entire process to subscribe to SoulSeek and from the start wasn't happy about the very generic nature of the registration. I went through the entire process only to get this message on the bank verification page:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /acs/pa/0/uTTgilNvklDvY9FdOQDXbuitAgA0/auth_sc_browser_activate_pass.xsl.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Then when I went to the contact section to tell them I didn't get through the registration yet my credit card details had been sent, I find that there is only one Non-Members place to make a complaint and that I have to wait up to 48 hours for a reply. I'm not a member because the registration process didn't complete because of the proxy error.

So now I'm in limbo and don't know if I've done my dough on a product I haven't got yet.

Judge Roy Snyder

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 am

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Subscribed??? I never subscribed to anything. I never went through any verification process. I just clicked it, downloaded a small file, installed it & away I went. You sure you were at the right place? :???:

This is where I got it. Just click FREE DOWNLOAD.

http://soulseek.en.softonic.com/download

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 pm

looks like the soul mob did not like the secure login via proxy server & rejected it.

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Fellas, just click the link I gave you, download it & that's it. It downloads straight away. You don't need to click anything else. Then you just install it which takes about 30 seconds.

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 pm

i did not bother trying the site, as it clearly states & takes you through a step approach to grab money in exchange for download tool ... i guess not reading instructions & just giving it a go works haha

i was going to post a query about "free" mp3 when it clearly has different subscription offers. but net shut down B4 i could ( damm wifi leaching )

Searching what you posted we get this

http://www-soulseek.org/?t=slsk1A

When you click on download it goes here

https://secure.signupsecurity.com/p05/( ... fku24l4mb0))/join.aspx?siteid=signup_filesharing&product=4&cli=7&lng=en

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 pm

STOP GOING THERE!!! JUST CLICK THE LINK I GAVE YOU!! NO SUBSCRIPTIONS OR ANYTHING TO FILL OUT!!! :dizzy:

Then it'll just download in a few seconds.

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:25 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
STOP GOING THERE!!! JUST CLICK THE LINK I GAVE YOU!! NO SUBSCRIPTIONS OR ANYTHING TO FILL OUT!!! :dizzy:

Then it'll just download in a few seconds.

But you only posted the link after Modecko & myself had already searched from your glowing review ,first posted. :roll:

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:28 pm

I just told you about the programme. I never went to the wrong link. I never posted an incorrect link. If you went to the wrong place that's not my doing.

If someone told you about something good on the Internet & you do a Google & end up at the wrong place & get something else, you can't blame the person who told you about it.

Besides, if you bothered to read the thread properly you'd have seen that (in the third post) I already gave Moe the right link before you even decided to join in! Geez! :evil:

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Postby modecko » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Stupid stupid me.

soulseek.org is a site that hijacks SoulSeek and makes you believe you are getting a premium peer to peer downloader but turns out to be nothing more than a search engine aggregator that is free anywhere. After I complained they gave me a download link to FrostWire which is also free.

So basically I got fooled and have been ripped off and am trying to get my money back at the moment. Normally I am so careful but this site was very crafty in the way it led you believe what you were getting was something different to what they actually give you. It switching url's to nondescript ones should have warned me.

You live and learn.

Anyway I downloaded the real SoulSeek and though the interface is crude it has done exactly what Skaven stated. I have found some rare Australian music I could not find anywhere else. Thanks mate.

Judge Roy Snyder

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 20 posts ]