AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 26 posts ] 
 Sydney Swans 
Message Author

Postby djmenow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Cam63 wrote:
Hall gave the guy what he was asking for.

WTF??? :shock: :?

Ned Flanders

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Postby hufftuck » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:27 pm

I agree with Cam63. It certainly shows his one bald fuck not to mess with. I just wish there was more biff.
They (umpires) always never give Bazza any free kicks (how many times does he get chopped when going for a mark especially around his head) so maybe Staker and the rest of the defenders will think twice about manhandling Bazza (illegally).
And again on Staker what a dweeb, shows how naive he was the man oh sorry the boy has got a glass jaw.
And what was Adam Hunter trying to prove? He goes up to Hall and he falls like a sack of shit. If your gonna stick up for your teammates do it right. Hunter acts tough but really his the one that really needs a decking just to put his ego back in place.
Don't worry Bazza I still love ya mate, my friends and I had certainly had a good laugh about it.
Bring back what the this game was good for belting the shit out of each other on field, having a laugh and sinking a few cans off it.

Ralph Wiggum

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Postby djmenow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Fuck, you must be a pussy to see that this shit happens all the time in football to ALL forwards. There are so many rules these days and with 3 umpires they cant still get it right.

Staker did fuck all wrong. Like I said I do not like the Eagles but Staker did exactly what every other footballer does in the game these days.

If Hall cant take some niggling then maybe he is the pussy and should give the game away.

Oh well he is out for the next 7 games so sucked in.

Ned Flanders

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Postby hufftuck » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm

C'mon djmenow you have to agree that Hall and Brown (Lions) get dicked by the umps unlike Lloyd as a prime example.
If players played within the rules you wouldn't see the incident in the first place. Yes Hally did get him good was it wrong? Of course it was he will pay severely for it. But that's the beauty of this game raw emotion sometimes takes over, for better and on this occasion for worse.
By the way WHO ARE YOU CALLING PUSSY FUCKFACE??
See you can bag someone like me on this forum as an example because if you call me something I'll just return fire and so forth, and where does it lead us absolutely nowhere. But it's funny that you bag Hally I'd like to see you calling him a pussy face to face and not on this. We'll see where you end up. I'm guessing the hospital bed with tubes hanging out of your ass.
Later bloke good to see some different opinions on this matter.

Ralph Wiggum

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Postby djmenow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh well his whole career reports are of questionable behaviour, headbutting, getting to play in a GF win after clearly giving a player another cheapshot and getting a ruling of 'in play'. Yet the ball was over like 100m away.

Another:

Quote:
Hall 'hasn't learnt his lesson'
By Scott Gullan
April 15, 2008 THE North Melbourne player who had his jaw broken by Barry Hall in a reserves game 11 years ago says the Sydney star has not learnt his lesson.

Sam McFarlane said he was not surprised to see Hall explode again on the football field.

"I just think he hasn't learnt his lesson," McFarlane said from Perth.

"His record speaks for itself and I wasn't surprised by the incident, to be honest.

"I have followed his career pretty closely for 11 years. If it was a one-off incident with myself, then I would have thought it was a brain snap. But he continues to re-offend. This is not new. He's been doing it for 10 or 11 years.

"I'm just surprised that obviously the penalties with the tribunal and the process the AFL has put in place aren't having an effect on him."

Hall is due to face the AFL tribunal after he knocked out West Coast defender Brent Staker with a brutal left hook during Saturday night's game at ANZ Stadium.

McFarlane, 32, who now works for a health fund, was struck by Hall during a reserves game against St Kilda at Waverley Park in 1997.

The slight wingman, who was 178cm and weighed 80kg in his playing days, spent three days in hospital and had his jaw wired back together.

"There were some similarities (to Staker's incident)," McFarlane said.

"My injuries were pretty significant from it, a lot worse than Brent's were.

"I had a compound fracture between the front part of my face and the right side of my jaw.

"I ended up having surgery and I have three titanium plates in my face that I will have forever."

McFarlane, who was 21 at the time, spent 10 weeks on the sidelines. He returned for the final two games of the season, but was then delisted.

While not wanting to blame Hall for the end of his AFL career - he played two senior games in 1996 - McFarlane said he was not the same player after the incident.

"It probably affected me," he said.

"It affects you in some ways, but at the end of the day you can't say it was the reason my career ended at that level.

"(But) my passion for the game at that level was affected."

McFarlane returned home to Perth and played two more seasons with Subiaco in the Western Australian Football League before hanging up the boots at the elite level.

He still feels small cramps in his jaw and said that memories of that dark time came flooding back when he saw Hall's explosion.

"I was watching it on TV, sitting there with my wife because I am a keen West Coast supporter," McFarlane said.

"It did (all come flooding back). It is not nice and I just feel sorry for the guy (Staker).

"I feel sorry for him and his family because it is not a nice thing to go through."

McFarlane said Hall's actions had no place in the modern game.

"To me it is not part of modern-day football," he said.

"Ten years back possibly, when I was playing, it was probably the end of it. These days it is just a different game.

"The tribunal system by and large works for 99 per cent of players. It is just a small percentage which it is not working for. There are still one or two blokes who don't get it."

Ned Flanders

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Postby hufftuck » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 pm

So Hall gets 7 weeks. It will be interesting to see how the Swans manage without him. What is he 31?? So another 2-3 years max in the comp and he'll retire.
Roos should start putting in more kids during the suspension to test them out players like Daniel O'Keefe a younger version of Ryan and Patrick Veszpremi there the blokes who are going to take the forward line in a few years time.

Ralph Wiggum

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Postby djmenow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Now people are saying he should start his suspension from his injury when it recovers.
He is out for the next 6-8 weeks with the injury so maybe it is just Karma that he hits someone who wasnt expecting it with 1 wrist then breaks the other one when he wasnt expecting it. LOL.

Ned Flanders

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Postby djmenow » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:50 pm

hufftuck wrote:
What is he 31?

Born February 8, 1977

Ned Flanders

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Postby therock » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Barry Hall gets 7 weeks ...so while his wrist heals ...he pays nothing

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Postby bullwinkle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 am

I'm with you, the rock. There really is no penalty to him. Probably good luck for him, but it doesn't look good that he hasn't really been penalised. Given the AFL's declared desire to protect the head, it's pretty soft. (Yes I know the tribunal is allegedly independent.)

Jimbo Jones

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 26 posts ]