AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 The Mighty Adelaide Crows! 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 pm

All I can say is the Colliwobbles were very lucky last night.

If Adelaide hadn't decided to take an early holiday at half time, give up a 26 point lead, put their feet up & watch Collingwood play a game of football they probably would've averted a loss that should not have happened. But a side that doesn't go out to play all four quarters in an elimination final does not deserve to win. But consistency seems to be their downfall. At least their young guns would've learned a valuable lesson last night - the hard way!

If the game were to be replayed next week I'd still pick Adelaide to win because I don't believe they'd make that exact same mistake twice in a row.

I think Geelong would be relatively pleased with the result. I do honestly think they'd prefer to play a battle weary Collingwood than Adelaide (whose late change of game plan set them up as something of a wild card). I can see Adelaide, on a good da, beating Geelong but not Collingwood. I guess it's up to them to prove me wrong.

There is only one thing that I did find perplexing & that was the commentary teams constant reminder of the disadvantage Collingwwod had by have two days less than Adelaide to prepare. Adelaide came off a win but Collingwood came off two straight losses yet they were the ones to still get the home game. Would that not more than make up for two days less preparation time? :???: Everyone seemed to forget about that...

Ned Flanders

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Postby Spideyballbag » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:25 am

Was a heartbreaking lost, but mightly proud of them.

I expected, 1 sided floggin from the pies on their home ground.

The crows in the 00s was full of disapointment and frustation.
Best now to forget the 00s and go the Crows in the 2010s.

:cool:

Carl Carlson

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:25 am

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah, I'm philosophical about it too. Many thought they wouldn't even make the eight this year &, although I did, I wasn't expecting them to be any higher than sixth at the most so anything above that, for me, was just cream.

Like I said, the only aspect that irked me was the constant reminder of how disadvantaged the Colliwobbles were by having two days less to prepare. I think most sides under most circumstances would happily accept a two day less preparation period if a home game was on offer. I'm not against the finals games being at the MCG but it must be nice to know that nearly all the finals games you'll be playing will be on your home ground (even when you're coming off a loss). :P

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 am

Postby locky1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Once again my point has been proven :roll: :roll: :giggle:

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Monster, you tip against Adelaide very single week which means most of the time your point was proven wrong. :lol:

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Postby locky1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
Monster, you tip against Adelaide very single week which means most of the time your point was proven wrong. :lol:

Fair suck of the sauce bottle Skaven, I actually picked them 8 times in the tipping contest on here this year, thats well up from other years I reckon :yes: :shock: :sad: :hug:

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I believe, by Prime Ministerial order, the expression has been changed to "fair shake of the sauce bottle" but, yes, your optimism this year in comparison to past ones has certainly been quite extraordinary. :lol: :grin:

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Postby locky1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

I'm older than Mr Rudd so i know better, it's always been fair suck of the sauce bottle but as for my tipping, i just stir around about the crows (cause i actually do not like alot of aspects of AFL footy and never seen a game live) and for the 2nd year running cost me winning the tips on this site

Ned Flanders

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Postby rootedagain » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am

SKaVeN wrote:
All I can say is the Colliwobbles were very lucky last night.

No, they were the better team on the night

SKaVeN wrote:
If Adelaide hadn't decided to take an early holiday at half time, give up a 26 point lead, put their feet up & watch Collingwood play a game of football they probably would've averted a loss that should not have happened. But a side that doesn't go out to play all four quarters in an elimination final does not deserve to win. But consistency seems to be their downfall. At least their young guns would've learned a valuable lesson last night - the hard way!

So you agree with my first comment. Collingwood was the better team on the night

SKaVeN wrote:
If the game were to be replayed next week I'd still pick Adelaide to win because I don't believe they'd make that exact same mistake twice in a row.

The game would be played completely different to this one. Collingwood would man up straight away. It would be a very interesting contest. I still think Collingwood would wear them down, because Adelaide has too many players that are not match fit.

SKaVeN wrote:
I think Geelong would be relatively pleased with the result. I do honestly think they'd prefer to play a battle weary Collingwood than Adelaide (whose late change of game plan set them up as something of a wild card). I can see Adelaide, on a good da, beating Geelong but not Collingwood. I guess it's up to them to prove me wrong.

Speaking to Geelong supporters, they beleive Collingwood is their bogey side.

SKaVeN wrote:
There is only one thing that I did find perplexing & that was the commentary teams constant reminder of the disadvantage Collingwwod had by have two days less than Adelaide to prepare. Adelaide came off a win but Collingwood came off two straight losses yet they were the ones to still get the home game. Would that not more than make up for two days less preparation time? :???: Everyone seemed to forget about that...

Maybe this is because Collingwood finished higher on the ladder after the 22 qualifying rounds of football. If ladder positions after 22 rounds don't count for anything, then why bother?

Selma Bouvier

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Come off it, Rooty. If Adelaide didn't decide, after reaching a five goal lead to STOP PLAYING & put their feet up there wouldn't have been such a turnover. If playing a side that is leading you by that much & then gives it up isn't a gift then I really don't know what is...

I'd still pick Adelaide in a rematch. It was that that probably lost them the game & I do not believe they would make that mistake with the same side two games straight.

Yeah, but so what. Adelaide came off a win & Collingwood came off two losses yet they got the home game. It must be nice to know you'll be rewarded with a home game regardless of how you performed the game prior. :P

Anyway, it's all history now as far as I'm concerned so I'm already thinking about 2010. I'm sure we'll hear post mortems to the point of complete ad nauseam.

I don't see the Colliwobbles' season continuing after this weekend. Even if I stand on my head, squint whilst looking sideways to the point where I think maybe they can win I definitely cannot see them beating St K which means all the Colliwobbles would get is yet another Grand Final defeat. If that be the case then Adelaide supporters can be philosophical; it's better to miss out on a Grand Final then to get in one & lose it...

Ned Flanders

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next