Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next
 Project Bluey and Pyscrow 
Message Author

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Quote:
You should do at least 30min on the exercise bike

Is that when I first start this diet also is that every day and also do I do the 30mins in one go or 3 sets of 10 per day ?

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Postby Pyscrow » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:14 pm

Bluey wrote:
Pyscrow wrote:
Whataya reckon at 1kg a week? and the weigh in time?, you pick the day, for once a week?

How about ½ a kg a week to start with then see how we go from there. I think in the first couple of weeks you lose a lot more then it tapers off a bit so I have been told. Just have to finish off all my icecream and lollies today. I have a dentist appointment in the morning (Root Canal job). Our first official weighing will be on Wednesday 6th of April and then every Wednesday after that how does that sound?

Excellent!

Monty Burns

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Franger_Mat » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:28 pm

Hi. I'm Mat. I enjoy walks in the park. Summer rain. Making love after midnight.

I'm looking for a man who is warm and caring, and enjoys listening to me yabber on about completely pointless shit.

Haha, this sounds like gaymatchmaker.jab.

Hehe, no I'm just joking. I am with you all in spirit.

This is a good section. I'm glad someone came up with it.

The basics of weight loss is this: less energy put in than used will make you lose weight.

I know its not as cut and dried as that, but the body being an energy system it is true. So doing stuff like reducing portion size [even if only slighty], more excercise than usual [even if it is walking around the block] all help.

And the more you excercise the more energy you have to excercise. When you sit around it gets easier and easier to do absolutely nothing.

It is also important not to deprive your body of stuff. If you are craving something, there is a reason. If you deprive yourself too much you will just rebound. So the occaisional chocolate bar [if you don't eat it after a while you don't even like it] isn't going to kill you. But eating a box of chocolate bars is.

And Bluey, about the medication, what sort of medication is it if you don't mind me asking?

Rod Flanders

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:28 pm

Postby Bluey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:52 pm

Had to go into town today (Adelaide) to get a dam root canal done. Usually catch the bus in, but rode my push-bike in. It is only 5km from my place, so clock up 10km my exercise for the day :dance: :dance:

Milhouse Van Houten

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:52 pm

Postby Franger_Mat » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:04 pm

Bluey wrote:
Had to go into town today (Adelaide) to get a dam root canal done. Usually catch the bus in, but rode my push-bike in. It is only 5km from my place, so clock up 10km my exercise for the day :dance: :dance:

Nasty. But impressive. I lost like 2kg in a week riding around for a couple of days around the hood just for the ambience. Its good excercise.

Rod Flanders

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:04 pm

Postby Angus » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:18 pm

A good thread. I need to drop around 20kgs too and will do it by the end of this year.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:18 pm

Postby Luis Syphur » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:35 pm

Nice work guys.

When I was younger and a mad sports fanatic, I was playing state baseball and colts AFL, I was (and still am) 187cm tall and weighed about 80kg. Over the years things have slowed down and the old body can't keep up like it used to. Many years of sitting on my backside playing Playstation etc has increased my weight to 115kg.

I've started playing social winter sport and bought a bike to get a few kilo's off. The healthy eating is going slow though and although in my head I'm really motivated, the body isn't.

I went to the gym for a year but my trainer was more intent on building up muscle (which I don't need) than losing weight. So as I grew stronger I was actually adding weight, but it was all under the layer of fat.

So good luck to you all and I'll see how the crap food + exercise training goes.

Maggie's Pacifier

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:35 pm

Postby benn » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:08 pm

Bluey wrote:
Quote:
You should do at least 30min on the exercise bike

Is that when I first start this diet also is that every day and also do I do the 30mins in one go or 3 sets of 10 per day ?

All in one go is best, and twice a week for starters. 30min is to get your cardiovascular system trained. Walking is fine too, as long as you have the slightly elevated pulse.

Any extra exercise, provided you resist cravings and don't eat extra food and don't do less at other times, will help lose weight (if you're not converting to muscle, which weighs more than fat of course).

Even just leg lifts when you're at the TV, holding books at eye level rather than on your lap, sitting with only a bit of your bum on the chair at the computer (back straight! like sitting on a pilates ball thing). Clench/tighten/tense and hold your muscles for 10 seconds and release. Try walking slower or faster than usual. Do something in slow motion (getting up from a chair, getting out of bed). These all change the muscles you use and get muscles you might not normally use working and ready to burn energy.

There is a formula for working out the ideal rate (it is a percentage of your maximal pulse rate, MPR calculated something along the lines of 200 minus your age, I think the percentage is 60-70%, but don't quote me). That's off the top of my head, recalled hazily from the documents the Defence Force sent me to help plan a pre-testing training regime. I'll have a look through it when I get home.

Selma Bouvier

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:08 pm

Postby atefooterz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:40 pm

ooh that is really doing it tough Bluey -i just hate
root canals & having to do excersize after is a brave
effort indeed - yowza -ouch

Santa's Little Helper

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Pyscrow » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Bluey wrote:

Good on ya mate!

Just as well you weren't to woozy on the way home eh?

I spent the day wandering up and down an asphalt trial site at Comslie, so thats a few kay's walking for me! Some smart arse took a photo of me, so I'll pm it to ya as my "before" shot.

Monty Burns

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next