AusCelebs Forums
https://forums.auscelebs.net/

South Sydney
https://forums.auscelebs.net/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=5485
Page 1 of 6

Author:  MadDog [ Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  South Sydney

New players, same old story.

They Suck.

St George 34
South Sydney 8

Author:  Nat_ [ Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: South Sydney

MadDog wrote:
New players, same old story.

They Suck.

St George 34
South Sydney 8


The score did not reflect the game. Souths were without a few of their new recruits & made a lot of errors. Give them & the tigers a chance. They will improve on last year for sure 8)

Author:  lennie [ Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  south sydney

not as bad as everybody thinks last week eight firstgraders out and a lot of the players that played also played the game before i think there is so much pressure on them to win they are playing every tackle like its there last west tigers have bought well and are a good team on paper souths beat them lastnight 20 to 10 still well short of a full strenght team things can only get beter. :)

Author:  dognamedboy [ Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:43 am ]
Post subject: 

I love my Rabbitohs and never watched a game of footy while they were out :x except the State of Origin's. Something or someone will come along and get us going again, just look at John Lang and the Panthers.
I hope that John Singleton can get the Central Coast Bears going. It would be good to have a 16 team comp again and get rid of this bye bullshit. :roll:

Author:  Nat_ [ Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

dognamedboy wrote:
I love my Rabbitohs and never watched a game of footy while they were out :x except the State of Origin's. Something or someone will come along and get us going again, just look at John Lang and the Panthers.
I hope that John Singleton can get the Central Coast Bears going. It would be good to have a 16 team comp again and get rid of this bye bullshit. :roll:


The rabbitohs need to overcome the problem they have had for the past 30 odd years. They blood a junior who turns into a star and is then dragged away by a rich club. ie Anasta, Dymock etc etc etc

The bye is no good for fans but very welcomed by players :wink:

Author:  dognamedboy [ Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
The rabbitohs need to overcome the problem they have had for the past 30 odd years. They blood a junior who turns into a star and is then dragged away by a rich club. ie Anasta, Dymock etc etc etc

Yeah, you're right. It sucks. Maybe Souths need to instill more pride into their younger players somehow. Very difficult when you get the glamour clubs knocking on your door. And looking around the Redfern area the way it is wouldn't really make you want to stay either. Souths Junors have always been a great feeder club, it's a shame :(.
Quote:
The bye is no good for fans but very welcomed by players

No doubt about that. But when you get a team that's played five in a row, struggling along in the middle of the ladder coming up against a top team that have just had a week off, not very fair then. :)

Author:  Angus [ Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:03 am ]
Post subject: 

I wonder why Souths cant sign players to contracts where they have to guarantee a minimum 5 year commitment to South. The rookies would have to be keen to sign on long term just to get a run in first grade.

Author:  Nat_ [ Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Terry Hill has retired due to his knee injury

Author:  lennie [ Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

souths have a squad called reds this started ealy last year there is about eighteen young kids around the age of 17 signed to 2006-2007 most of them are souths junors there is a few from brisbane and a some from the tooheys cup on the sth coast ive been watching these kids and i think where finaly on the write track :lol:

Author:  37bowerbird37 [ Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Souths win in extra time vs West Tigers 17-16.....though it wasnt without controvesy (timekeeping - in that they didnt stop after 5minutes to swap ends)......well done to souths for winning and opening their account for the year :)

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC + 10 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/