AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 2575 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 258  Next
 Stephanie Bendixsen - Hex 
Message Author

Postby JustAFan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:13 pm

7 out of the last 10 insta photos are advertisements... Yikes.

Selma Bouvier

Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:13 pm

Postby Damienpayne » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:52 am

JustAFan wrote:

She's going to need to make some cash, i reckon Mr is not getting the amount of work he expected.

Monty Burns

Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:52 am

Postby Bandit90 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:42 am

Damienpayne wrote:
JustAFan wrote:

She's going to need to make some cash, i reckon Mr is not getting the amount of work he expected.

They get some level of behind the scenes work across the industry, but I don't think their RoosterTeeth aspirations have materialised like or as quickly as they hoped. That community is incredibly insular and hyper-woke to the point of being repellant, particularly if you aren't in the little cliques that formed hard and early.

To be fair, there not being much media production in general going on due to the pandemic wouldn't have helped a fledgling company like that though

Elizabeth Hoover

Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:42 am

Postby thatsformetoknow » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:35 pm

IG

M 640x1136 747
M 640x1136 807
M 640x1136 763

Monty Burns

Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Postby thatsformetoknow » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:39 pm

IG

https://emalm.com/?v=8qIEu

Monty Burns

Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Postby hexsteph » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi. Some of you may be aware I monitor this forum because of an issue I've had with a stalker who's caused some issues for me over the years. It's weird because I see you all weighing-in on my life, work, and physical appearance in a way that suggests I should just accept that as part of being a public figure. Idk - I suppose there's truth to that, but live streaming has made me a little bolder so I feel compelled to chime-in every so often. AMA.

First of all - yes, I do share a lot of sponsored posts. My partnerships are my main source of income atm - I have several partnerships with brands and it's fun work, making content for them, and they are brands I stand by and love working with. You guys having issues with me posting ads is funny to me - because I don't have to post images of myself at ALL on the internet. But I do. You're viewing that shit for free. So what's it to you if it's an ad or not? It's a pic of my face either way, which is what you want, isn't it?? I get that you'd prob want a different kind of images, but this is what I'm choosing to put out there as a part of my online career, so. Accept that or move along.

Next, Back Pocket is a passion project. It is funded by Patreon but I personally do not earn from it, by choice. I can support myself via my freelance work and sponsorships so that Back Pocket can continue to grow. We are hiring new people each year as the need arises. Back Pocket for me is the highlight of my week and a creative outlet that gives me joy and purpose. I love being a part of the community we've created. Any support is appreciated - but certainly not required.

Similarly, I do not earn directly from Twitch subs and donations on Back Pocket OR my own channel. This is because I choose to give my subs and donations to charity. ALL of them. I would not be able to do this without my brand partnerships - so I'm grateful for that.

So next time you default to a snarly comment about ads on my instagram - maybe consider the fact that those ads are the result of hard work that I've enjoyed doing, they allow me to do donate other revenue to charity, and allow me to be a part of the amazing community around Back Pocket without having to cannibalise its growth.

Lastly, I know I don't share a lot of cleavage etc, lol. Being sexualised is a weird thing I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with and I have a love/hate relationship with my body as a result. It's hard to explain and something I don't expect any of you will ever understand. But there are so many other more beautiful women out there who willingly share more of themselves - so the fact that this forum even exists is weird. But whatever.

Merry Christmas and all that. I have nothing coming up for you other than more instagram pics of my dog so, sorry. Lol

Hopefully 2022 brings us something better.

Steph x

Bandit90 wrote:
Damienpayne wrote:
JustAFan wrote:

They get some level of behind the scenes work across the industry, but I don't think their RoosterTeeth aspirations have materialised like or as quickly as they hoped. That community is incredibly insular and hyper-woke to the point of being repellant, particularly if you aren't in the little cliques that formed hard and early.

To be fair, there not being much media production in general going on due to the pandemic wouldn't have helped a fledgling company like that though

Maggie's Pacifier

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Postby narly » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Well said , Steph :thumright:

Troy McLure

Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Postby dannj » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:33 am

hexsteph wrote:
I have nothing coming up for you other than more instagram pics of my dog so, sorry. LOL.

Skadi is the real star of Hex's Instagram account. She should have an account of her own. :smile:

Monty Burns

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:33 am

Postby ringofyre » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:23 am

hexsteph wrote:
Lastly, I know I don't share a lot of cleavage etc, lol. Being sexualised is a weird thing I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with and I have a love/hate relationship with my body as a result. It's hard to explain and something I don't expect any of you will ever understand. But there are so many other more beautiful women out there who willingly share more of themselves - so the fact that this forum even exists is weird. But whatever.

If it is really you: Fame a bit like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can't pick and choose how 'famous' you are (granted you can steer the path a bit) and nor can you determine what makes you famous.

I think being a woman and being in the media unfortunately means there will always be an element of sexalisation. It's our nature as human beings. & it's why sites like this exist.
Sorry to hear it's affected your body image - I'd say if it were me (I'm a fat middle-aged bloke) I'd just shrug it off as a weird backhanded compliment rather dwell on the internalisation. I'll apologise now if anything I've posted on the thread has caused you distress - there's only a few and they're mostly shit and giggles.

Ftr: my youngest daughter and I would watch Good Game (Bajo era) and it's probably what got her into gaming (other than peering over my shoulder).

EDIT: Post more doggo. & edited for clarity.

Carl Carlson

Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:23 am

Postby Betelgeuse » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:50 pm

back in the day it used to be lots of cat photos. someone got replaced for attention by the new baby.

Lionel Hutz

Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 2575 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 258  Next