AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 26 posts ] 
 Star Trek: The Original Series 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:40 am

So what was your favourite episode?

I know most people will probably say "The Trouble With Tribbles" as it's such a fan favourite & the only comedy they did but I'm going to pick "Plato's Stepchildren". It was never intended to be funny but, by gum, it sure never fails to make me laugh!

Kirk & Spock running around in reefs & togas & an insane alien meglomaniac using mind control to make Kirk prance around & neigh like a horse with a dwarf on his back. Just watch the scenes where they're being force to walk forward & trying to figh against it - damn hilarious!

It also apparently featured the first on-screen interracial kiss which caused quite a stink with the network producers when the scene was being shot. All now seems quite silly really...

I just wish they'd hurry up & put out a DVD set of "Star Trek: The Animated Series" I haven't seen that Saturday morning show since I was a kiddywink & it'd be nice to have it just to complete the DVD collection. I keeps getting put off & the latest word (according to a few internet sites I've seen) is about half-way through this year for the US release - as far as the Australian release is concerned, goodness knows I guess...

Other forums:

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Star Trek: Voyager

Star Trek: Enterprise

Last edited by SKaVeN on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Flanders

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:40 am

Postby quantum » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 am

my favourite episode of star trek original is where mccoy accidentally injects himself with cordrazone (spelling?) and has a complete mental breakdown and escapes the enterprise.
He somehow gets down onto a planet and stumbles through a time portal and accidentally changes the future, so when kirk and spock go back they find out that the person who has to die is joan collins, whom of course kirk takes a liking to before she is killed, brilliant episode, emotional and scientific at the same time, brilliant.

i forget the name of the episode, but i know that i have a vhs copy of it becuase it came with the special edition video game that i got in 1996

Maggie's Pacifier

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 am

Postby meperson » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 am

Yep, that was my favourite too. It was called 'The City on the Edge of Forever’.

Carl Carlson

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 am

Postby quantum » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:40 pm

as i mentioned before, i have a vhs copy of this episode, never watched it when i bought the special pack of judgement rites when it came out in 1996 so that makes 10 years, wow!

but yeah, that episode had everything that physicists had theorised about time travel, especially about the ripple effect and alternate time lines.

Maggie's Pacifier

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:16 pm

Truth be known, that one is also my favourite but you guys are being too serious! Get a load of Plato's Stepchildren & laugh your ( ! )'s off! :lol:

Ned Flanders

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:16 pm

Postby Blastoise » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:56 pm

i bet 400 quatroos on the newcomer :D

Todd Flanders

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Sat May 27, 2006 1:50 pm

Blastoise wrote:
i bet 400 quatroos on the newcomer :D

Heehee! The image of Bill Shatner crawling around the floor & neighing like a horse with a dwarf on his back will stay with me forever! :lol:

Ned Flanders

Sat May 27, 2006 1:50 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:09 pm

Question:

How many members of the USS Enterprise does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer:

Scotty will report to Captain Kirk that the light bulb in the engineering section has burnt out, to which Kirk will send Bones to pronounce the bulb dead. Scotty, after checking around, noticed there have been no new light bulbs and complains that he can’t see in the dark to attend to his injuries. Kirk must make an emergency stop at the next unchartered planet, Alpha Regular Three, to procure a light bulb from the natives.

Kirk, Spock, Bones, Sulu and three red shirt security officers beam down. The three red shirt security officers are promptly killed by the natives and the rest of the landing party are captured.

Meanwhile, back in orbit, Scotty notices a Klingon ship approaching and must warp out of orbit to escape detection.

Bones cures the native king who is suffering from the flu and as a reward, the landing party is set free and are given all the light bulbs they can carry.

Scotty cripples the Klingon ship and warps back to the planet just in time to beam up Kirk and his pals.

The new bulb is inserted and the Enterprise continues on its five year mission.

Ned Flanders

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:09 pm

Postby msf » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:29 am

SKaVeN wrote:
It also apparently featured the first on-screen interracial kiss which caused quite a stink with the network producers when the scene was being shot. All now seems quite silly really...

It's kind of hard to believe and a bit scary.

Anyhow here's a great article about the Star Trek phenomenon.

Maggie's Pacifier

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:29 am

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:22 pm

So Russell Crowe's going to play the villain in Star Trek XI, eh?

Oh well, at least they don't have telephones in the 24th century so people should be safe (unless he starts hitting them with a tricorder)...

Ned Flanders

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 26 posts ]