Message Author

Postby Loose Goose » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 pm

:smoke: Fun show, wasn't it.
Any thoughts...?

Elizabeth Hoover

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Personally, I thought it was utter crap. :lol:

It started off as a really bad show & continued to get progressively worse each series. :smoke:

Ned Flanders

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby Loose Goose » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

:smoke: Oh, yes....agreed.

.....and you never really hear anything about what the old cast are up to these days, do ya? :cofee:

Elizabeth Hoover

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

Postby HumphreyBBear » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:44 am

Loose Goose wrote:
.....and you never really hear anything about what the old cast are up to these days, do ya? :cofee:

You spoke too soon. :lol:

I wasn't the only abuse victim: Hey Dad! star

Otto Man

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:44 am

Postby djmenow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

I liked the show back in the day (except when they introduced the little fat kid). Sarah looks hot now imo. I thought the girl they hired to replace her (Angela Keep) was hot to. I also thought Belinda Emmitt was hot on this show.

Ned Flanders

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Postby Loose Goose » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Not too long ago, they were playing the show right from the start, first on Fox Classics, then on the Comedy channel. It would've been very interesting to watch it with the knowledge of recent events.

I had noticed though, that Jenny (Sarah Monahan) just wasn't cutting it as far as focus, presence and energy were concerned during the first few eps of Season 1. She then disappeared for some episodes and came back considerably sharper. I'm thinking they must have given her some intensive coaching or something. Whatever they did, it worked. Keep an eye out for this if you get to see the series again.

Elizabeth Hoover

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Postby Macc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Loose Goose wrote:
I had noticed though, that Jenny (Sarah Monahan) just wasn't cutting it as far as focus, presence and energy were concerned during the first few eps of Season 1. She then disappeared for some episodes and came back considerably sharper. I'm thinking they must have given her some intensive coaching or something.

She's actually done an interview about this in the last few days. The reason she disappeared was her father died, and when she came back she was basically the family's only breadwinner.

She also said she was sexually abused by somebody working on the show but didn't report it for fear of losing the part.

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Postby Loose Goose » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Macc wrote:
She's actually done an interview about this in the last few days. The reason she disappeared was her father died, and when she came back she was basically the family's only breadwinner.

She also said she was sexually abused by somebody working on the show but didn't report it for fear of losing the part.

HumphreyBBear wrote:
You spoke too soon. :lol:

:oops: I should probably own up at this point that I was actually aware of the goings-on of the past week or so when I started this thread. I thought that might have been more obvious. I was just trying to provoke discussion, and mission accomplished I guess.

Although, I hadn't heard that her dad had died during the shooting of the program.

Elizabeth Hoover

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Postby sharkboi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 pm

ACA to name Hey Dad! man
A Current Affair will tonight name the man at the centre of Hey Dad! abuse allegations made by former cast member Sarah Monahan.

The show has been pursuing the story since an interview with Monahan published in Woman’s Day. It has already interviewed Monahan, former cast members Julie McGregor and Chris Truswell, producer Garry Reilly (not the man in question) and has received more information from others involved with the show.

Speaking today to 3AW, host Tracy Grimshaw said, “In saying a man who worked on the show has been molesting Sarah and we believe others…. if you just say its a man it overshadows everyone who worked there.”

Grimshaw said she had been staggered by the amount of emails and information from people both on and off the show about the activities of the man in question.

It is understood no charges have yet been laid in relation to the case.
Source
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/03/aca ... y-man.html

Troy McLure

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Postby RustyNail » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

So what does everyone think?

If Sarah Monahan really wanted to proceed with any charges/litigation - she has blown it with her sizeable payment for the Woman's Day article. What was there to gain apart from " m o n e y " ! A washed up career in need of more cash? Who knows? :no:

I said to a co-worker a few days ago who accused Robert Hughes stating it has to be rubbish. Robert was a family friend and my sister and I never heard, dealt with or witnessed anything remotely similar. He was always a kind and considerate man who always made us laugh and never fell short of a funny story to tell you.

The last I remember he suddenly left the show, was over and had some fall-outs. I think he was off to Dubai at the time and I personally have not heard of him since (a long time). It will be a sad thing indeed if the man we once knew is in fact guilty of this and if true I will be guttered. However, the man I knew was "decent" and a man of high integrity.. of good character. Just hope it is not true.

Last edited by RustyNail on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo Jones

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 21 posts ]