AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Tribute to Battlestar Galactica 
Message Author

Postby STARBASE » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, it's the "new" and not the "old" show. I should've pointed that out in the subject-line, hm? I'm a big fan of the "new" show much more than i was of the "old" 1970's-show so i thought to myself that it's time to do some "serious" caps about BSG. :wink:

In my opinion this show is one of the best serious Sci-Fi-Dramas in the past few years. Lots of talented actors and actresses (here: Grace Park, Kandyse McClure, Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer (damn sexy!).) combined with great but often dark storylines and nice shot special effect actionscenes.

I tried to lighten up the pretty dark shot scenes but there's always a thin line were you've to decide to loose some quality to show the picture/scene. I hope i did the right thing here. :confused:

I heard that in some countries this pilot has been shown as a single 3 hours movies. Well, here in Germany i got this one in a two eps mini-series so i'll present it here like that, ok?

Here is a quick intro to the Storyline for the Non-Galactica-Fans :wink: :

It's been 40 years since the 12 colonies of mankind have heard from their progeny, the Cylons -- robotic creatures who rose up and declared war on their masters, then disappeared. In a sudden, devastating strike, the Cylons return and lay waste to the colonies, aided by human-looking Cylon variants and an unwitting fifth columnist. The attack forces Commander William Adama to call into action his museum-piece warship, the Battlestar Galactica, and soon its company of hotshot fighter pilots is blasting away at the invaders. But their best efforts can't prevent the colonies' obliteration. Fleeing the Cylon genocide, the Galactica leads a rag-tag fleet of survivors on a lonely quest to find humanity's fabled 13th colony -- a planet known as Earth.

Enjoy!

Pilot / Eps 01:

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

Pilot / Eps 02:

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Elizabeth Hoover

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Postby pce229073 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:21 pm

What does this have to do with Oz Celebs?????????? :mad:
are there not other web sites for sci fi and American TV shows???? :dizzy:

EDIT by ate: good point - topic locked pending deletion & or some form of relevance !

Carl Carlson

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
 [ 2 posts ]