AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 14 posts ] 
 Neighbours 
Message Author

Postby gonzee » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:45 am

my two bobs worth..i couldn't care less. never watched it tho ive seen bits of it. to me ch 10 don't have one decent show on their station. they will probably just replay it on a continuous loop like friends, big bang etc. no different from their other ch's like 11. 12. 13.

Carl Carlson

Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:45 am

Postby deskc » Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Neighbours spent too much time pushing political agendas into the show that it just became too much. People know it's not real life and want to watch an exciting drama not hear about every bit of political correctness from climate change to trans gender and gay marriage.

Also it seems neighbours never got the memo from the lgbt community about the misconception that all gay people are attracted to all other gay people. Every gay person on neighbours male and female is attracted to every other gay character on the show which is wrong

Ralph Wiggum

Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Postby deskc » Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Oh and certain actors like toadie and karl and susan would never get an acting gig anywhere else so why should we have to put up with them

Ralph Wiggum

Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Postby QPRTYPOWER » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 am

Here in the U.K, I watched this show for many years, especially when Kym Valentine (Libby) was in it.
Sadly, it got silly with scripts, because writers seem to think that everything has to happen each week, be talked about for another week & then just disappear like it never happened & no one would notice.
I'm struggling to remember one relationship that didn't have some kind of big problem, like cheating involved.
It would have been nice to see a couple now & again, fall in love & live happily in the street, but the problem with that is that writers didn't think 'nice' wouldn't bring in viewers, so they have to create issues for everyone.

If I ever visit Australia, I'll have to keep my wits about me because according to the writers, everyone shags everyone else lol.

The plug got pulled because anyone can make this rubbish every day, but Channel 5 decided they'd waste their money on their own shows, instead of imported ones that had flagging ratings.

The Finn story line was one of many that really stands out as god awful & no doubt aided the downfall. He imprisons & kills people, loses his memory, gets it back, then it turned out that he had a partner in crime & all of these criminal things waiting in storage for him to go & get, before using. Then he digs out a grave that just happens to have a large rock sticking out at the bottom, which he never notices even though you couldn't miss it. How can you know the layout of a whole island, but not a 6ft x 2ft area of your garden? Ahhhh, I just realised, maybe he forgot that too lol

It's sad that it's gone, but at the same time, it was long overdue to go.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 14 posts ]