AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 32 posts ] 
 Stargate: Universe 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:09 pm

sensfan, have you ever heard of the term "Spoiler Alert"? Not all of us have seen the moofies yet. :evil:

Ned Flanders

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Postby HumphreyBBear » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 am

SKaVeN wrote:
sensfan, have you ever heard of the term "Spoiler Alert"? Not all of us have seen the moofies yet. :evil:

WHAT!!! You don't have the DVDs, SKaVen???

...and you call yourself a fan! For shame!

:hug:

Otto Man

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 am

Postby atefooterz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:26 pm

:ohyes:

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 pm

HumphreyBBear wrote:
SKaVeN wrote:

WHAT!!! You don't have the DVDs, SKaVen???

...and you call yourself a fan! For shame!

:hug:

Don't get me started on Stargate DVDs!!! I have a very good reason for not yet procuring them & I still haven't because I refuse to be exploited! Anyway, those DVDs may have been around for two whole years but the Blackadder ones must've been around for only about a mere decade so maybe some people still need a bit more time to figure out where the nearest DVD retailer is... :wink:

Besides, you're not seriously comparing Stargate fandom to Blackadder??? Surely not! For shame... :no:

Ned Flanders

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Postby crashdown » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
The reoccurring thought I kept having all the way through it was that obviously Wright & Cooper have been watching a lot of Battlestar. :lol:

I was quite impressed with it. It had a much bigger, grander & filmic look about it & a more mature level of reality. Watching it reminded me what watching Enterprise was like after watching all the other Trek series.

Galactica (the new one) certainly had an influence on this but they also operate for different directions. The colonel also reminds me of Admiral Adama. I don't see how they have enough red shirts to keep the show running.

SKaVeN wrote:
Anyway, those DVDs may have been around for two whole years but the Blackadder ones must've been around for only about a mere decade so maybe some people still need a bit more time to figure out where the nearest DVD retailer is... :wink:

Besides, you're not seriously comparing Stargate fandom to Blackadder??? Surely not! For shame... :no:

Why are we making comparisons between Stargate and Bladder? Just picked up the remastered "ultimate edition" BTW :grin:

Disco Stu

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Postby The Stig » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 pm

nah give them time.. eventually Rush will figure out a way to dial earth and they will have red shirts a-plenty.....

Cross between voyager and battlestar for me at the moment...

2 things missing for me given its a stargate series...

1. the stargate.... they never use it (well barely) and
2. the little bits of humour from the other 2 series...

ill keep watching it though... like to give these things a chance..

Disco Stu

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Postby HumphreyBBear » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

The Stig wrote:
ill keep watching it though... like to give these things a chance..

I'm the same. It usually takes me four to five episodes make up my mind about a show.

I'm not hooked on this one yet, but I'm still hangin' in there. :neutral:

Otto Man

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:26 am

You'd have to go to the TV Alert thread to know the context that discussion was coming from but, yeah, the new Blackadder set does look nice as does the new Faulty Towers one. It kind of makes me wish I hadn't got the box-sets I had got (& I'm not buying another copy)...

I think now that the pilot is out the way & now Rush has programmed the gate to automatically dial other gates it will feature more regularly. The humour was lacking. Humour was very lacking in the first season of TNG also. I think they were trying to make them seem more like real true-to-life people &, thus far, there hasn't been an awful lot for them to laugh about (especially with a limited oxygen supply). :lol:

I don't like the communication stones. I think we understood Lou Diamond Philips character was possessed so it wasn't necessary to swap him with the other actor for the possession scenes. I think that only added to the confusion. The whole idea of those things sucks anyway. It reduces the impact of them being so far away & isolated & will make it too easy for the writers to find solutions in future episodes, having contact with SGC, the Asgard, etc. Like all the Trek series always using the teleporter to solve their problems. It's also a rather obvious device to continue to enable regular guest appearances from SG & SGA characters & to enable a way to allow SGU characters to interact with them.

Ned Flanders

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:26 am

Postby Widescreen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 am

Hi guys. I'm enjoying SGU as the series starts to develop. Even moreso after tonight's episode. You may have noticed one of the characters "Vanessa James" (US Air Force) was wearing a very tight tanktop which drew a lot of attention to her VERY large breasts (and some nice pokies). The actress name is Julia Benson (nee Anderson) and a quick Google search has revealed some nude work in her portfolio! ... :shock:

The nudity is from a series called "Masters of Horror" and there is a video clip of her nude scene floating around online. :dribble:
Please log in to view images

Monty Burns

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 am

Postby crashdown » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Nothing like a sci-fi show for finding women with big boobs!

Disco Stu

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 32 posts ]