AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 13 posts ] 
 Victoria Thaine 
Message Author

Postby atefooterz » Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Victoria has Written and will soon be Directing ...'The Kingdom of Doug' project by Cloudberry Films - check it out by clicking the link below.

http://www.pozible.com/index.php/archiv ... 5865/41818

Quote:

Why should you help us?

Simply, you would like to see this story told and at the same time, get a peek inside the world of filmmaking.
It’s a tough industry out there. And it’s only through supporting work such as this that you can help actors, directors, cinematographers and other creatives take the necessary small steps to work their way up the ladder and get exposure.
We’re not amateurs. Between cast and crew we have over 30 years combined experience working professionally in the film industry. By investing in this project, you’re supporting in a product that stands the best chance of success, and YOU would have been part of it.
We have a kick-ass cast and crew, many of whom are donating their time. That’s a testament to the potential of this project.
Your pledge doesn't get processed until we reach our target. So you can feel reassured as an investor, you're only supporting a project that will actually get made in the way the creators intended it to.

And finally, Ingmar Bergman couldn't have put it better “Film as dream, film as music. No art passes our consciousness in the way film does and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls”. We couldn't agree more. We love film, we believe it's important. And we think this story deserves to be told. We hope you do too.

If you want to know more, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'd be happy to answer any questions. You can email Victoria at: [email protected]

Quote:
Victoria Thaine – Writer and Director

Victoria is well known as an actor and writer with nearly a decade of experience on Australian film and TV. In 2008 she was nominated for a Silver Logie for Best Actress in a television series for her lead role on ABC’s Rainshadow. She was also nominated for a Film Critic’s Circle award for Best Actress for her lead role in the feature film The Caterpillar Wish. She has appeared in guest roles on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Rush, Rake, Wilfred, Blue Heelers, All Saints and had support roles in the telemovies Small Claimsand BlackJack. Her feature film roles include support roles in Gone, Son of the Mask, 48 Shades, The Night we called it a Day and The Loved Ones which won the Audience Award at Toronto Film Festival in 2009. She’s also written two plays, both produced in independent theatre venues in Sydney.

www.victoriathaine.com

S 460x480 140

Santa's Little Helper

Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am

Quote:
The Age
Making movies
Scott Ellis and Sacha Molitorisz
June 19, 2012

This week, the actress Victoria Thaine makes her directing debut. ''It's possible I may make a dog of it,'' the star of The Caterpillar Wish and The Loved Ones said. ''But I might just find I'm good at it.'' The film, which she wrote, is The Kingdom of Doug, a 15-minute short about an Aussie cult leader who brings his followers to an ice rink to commit mass suicide. Odd thing is, Thaine has almost become a cult leader herself in the process, by raising all the funds via ''crowdfunding''. In just six weeks, Thaine has financed her short entirely via social networks. She had hoped to raise $10,000, but by yesterday the tally stood at $13,476, thanks to contributions from the ABC managing director, Mark Scott, among many others. Thaine has upgraded her target to $15,000. ''If we reach our target of $15,000 every supporter will get a double pass to the special event premiere in Melbourne,'' she says. ''Treat this like a pyramid scheme.'' In recent months, Thaine has noticed an upsurge of crowfunding among filmmakers. ''I was a little resistant at first. I thought I would hate turning into a self-promoter and a social networking monster, but it's been really successful, and there have been really lovely side benefits. We've had so many people contact us asking if we want help, including our composer. I feel like getting out the violins. It's been such a wonderful experience.'' Isn't it lovely how mass suicide can bring people together? The three-day shoot begins in Melbourne on Saturday; the deadline for pledges is midday today.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... z1yBT4Kqkv

S 420x304 135

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 pm

Quote:
victoriathaine Earlier this year my creative partner @naomi.mulholland and I won funding from Screen Australia to produce the second season of our online series Sonia & Cherry 👭 an odd-couple comedy about best friends with wildly different parenting techniques. We were planning to shoot in May but COVID-19 reared its head and well...you know the story.
But with parents everywhere spending a shitload of time with their kids in lockdown 🙀 it seems that Sonia & Cherry had some things to say. And so from tomorrow we'll start releasing a handful of lo-fi sketches on Facebook and over on @soniaandcherrytv
so head over there to follow us and get more frequent updates. In the interim you can watch our first season by clicking on the series tab of this account. Thanks and #staysafe
😍

https://www.instagram.com/soniaandcherrytv/

Santa's Little Helper

Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 13 posts ]