Reply to topic 
 [ 1166 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 117  Next
 Margot Robbie 
Message Author

Postby atefooterz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

atefooterz wrote:
Quote:
Margot Robbie celebrated her 18th birthday on 2nd July in style by jumping out of an aeroplane and skydiving over the beautiful Gold Coast before heading off to her very own exclusive birthday party in a penthouse suite she and her friends hired. She'll be celebrating in style because she’s got a lot to celebrate. At only 18 years of age, life’s looking pretty good at the moment.

Margot, who has just lit up our TV screen as the gorgeous free-spirited Donna Freedman, is loving life right now, and being picked to be on Neighbours was so good she gave up a five week holiday doing what she loves best, or second best now, snowboarding!

“I went for an audition for Neighbours and then went to Canada for five weeks on a snowboarding holiday with my boyfriend,” Margot said. “I had only been in Canada two days when I got the phone call to come back because I got the role on Neighbours.”

“I went straight from the aeroplane and straight to the studios. I rocked up here with my snowboard bag and only winter gear to wear, it was right in the middle of summer here in Melbourne, so I was boiling.”

“I had to leave my boyfriend there. I still managed to fit in a day of snowboarding though,” she said.

Margot has only been acting professionally for one year and has already starred in two Australian feature films called ICU and Vigilante by Director Ash Aaron. She’s also been doing commercials and has guest starred on TV drama City Homicide. For Margot it was about being in the right place at the right time - without an agent she managed to land the lead role on Ash Aaron’s feature film ICU because she was good friends with someone who had a part in it. She met Ash and impressed him so much she landed the lead role! Since then, it’s just been one thing after another.

So how did she feel about landing the role as Donna on Neighbours? “I was so excited to get the part. It’s been fantastic, I love it. I’ve got some big storylines coming up. Storylines with real emotion, there’s lots of getting angry and crying,” she said.

"Doing the highly emotional scenes are so much easier than doing casual acting, because when you are putting it all in to one emotion you can really get into it, whereas trying to make something look realistic when you are doing nothing is much harder. There is one storyline where every single scene ended with Donna crumbling and I was like, do I have to do this again, I don’t have any tears left?”

“It was really hard to keep crying because I was running out of tears. Then the makeup girl had this little tear-blower thing, they blow menthol in your eyes which makes them water. Caitlin called me a menthol-whore because every five minutes I was like “Menthol please!” Then when I was in a bad mood they kept saying to leave me alone because I was just coming down from my menthol addiction,” she laughs.

Donna Freedman is the Street’s newest Neighbour. She’s all sparkles and bangles and is a little off centre, and only has eyes for Ty Harper. Coming on to the scene as an obsessed groupie, Donna manages to wrangle her way in to the teen group by way of Ringo, after locking lips with him at the kissing booth competition. Donna comes across as super confident, but underneath there is a teenager screaming out for love and affection, just a little too loudly.

Is Margot anything like Donna? “Some of her characteristics I am, she’s fiery and outgoing and I’m a bit like that. Sometimes I can be too loud and say things when I shouldn’t. But I don’t stalk people. Other than that, we’re kind of similar,” she said.

Donna hasn’t had much luck in love, with either guys or girls. “She’s actually bisexual. In one of the blocks she is talking to Bridget about their ‘first time’ and Donna asks Bridget if it was with a guy or girl? I liked the way the writers conveyed that, it was just really subtle and they didn’t make a big coming out scene of it. I think it’s a good message to send out because it’s not such a big deal to lots of people. Not all of them have such drama surrounding it,” Margot said.

Besides a bad run of luck in the love department, family life for Dona hasn’t been much fun either. Donna’s parents are in the middle of a toxic divorce and are constantly at war with one another. Donna lives with her cop father who works nights to support the family, however this means he is never there to support Donna emotionally. She finds it difficult to make female friends because of her competitive nature inherited from her Mum, and boys run a mile from her combative behaviour. So she has no one to turn to, which is why she has buried her love in to the music scene, and Ty Harper, who has become her focus for love and acceptance.

However, there is hope for Donna as underneath the train-wreck-waiting-to-happen exterior, there is a warm, playful and loving girl just wanting someone to notice her for who she really is.

“There is some love coming up for Donna,” Margot said. She gets in to a long term relationship and really falls for someone.”

So what of Margot’s love outside of Neighbours? “I grew up on the Gold Coast and on my grandparent’s farm. I love being on the farm as well as the beach. I’m happiest when I’m surfing or out on the farm hunting wild pigs, building cubbies out in the paddocks or riding around on motorbikes. I always have to be doing something. If I’m not at home I have to be at the beach surfing,” Margot said.

“Yeah and I love surfing. I first started surfing on my Dad’s surfboard which he had had since he was 20 years old. My Dad was a really good surfer. I bought my first board at a garage sale when I was about ten. I also love jet skiing and snowboarding."

“And I’m a real rev-head. I love V8 cars,” she added.

Margot currently lives in Melbourne during the week and heads back home to the Gold Coast most weekends to spend her time with her family, friends and boyfriend.

Happy 18th Birthday Margot.

now the wait for images after July :twisted:

Quote:
http://www.margotrobbie.com.au/

Quote:
"Neighbours" .... Donna Freedman (80 episodes, 2008-2009)
- Episode #1.5635 (2009) TV episode .... Donna Freedman
- Episode #1.5634 (2009) TV episode .... Donna Freedman
- Episode #1.5633 (2009) TV episode .... Donna Freedman
- Episode #1.5632 (2009) TV episode .... Donna Freedman
- Episode #1.5631 (2009) TV episode .... Donna Freedman
(75 more)
"The Elephant Princess" (2008) TV series (unknown episodes)
"Review with Myles Barlow" .... Kelly (1 episode, 2008)
- Episode #1.1 (2008) TV episode .... Kelly
"City Homicide" .... Caitlin Brentford (1 episode, 2008)
- Somersaulting Dogs (2008) TV episode .... Caitlin Brentford

http://www.youthweek.com/sponsor_margot.html
Quote:
Margot Robbie
Neighbours’ newest starlet has also jumped on board the National Youth Week bandwagon as a supporter!

Eighteen-year-old Margot Robbie plays Donna Freeman on the hit show, her first major ongoing role. It’s a role she’s worked towards her whole life, after getting involved in dance and drama from the age of four.

After earning a scholarship for a NIDA course during high school, Margot has featured in a number of commercials and has had support roles in feature films including ICU and Vigilante, and television series such as Elephant Princess and City Homicide.

Travelling is Margot’s other passion having visited Canada, Equador, Peru and the Galapagos Islands recently.

Originally from the Gold Coast, she aspires to one day hit Los Angeles and make it on the big screen. But for now, she is happy polishing her skills as an actress on Neighbours and wants to use her rising profile to encourage other young people to live their dreams.

Margot wanted to be involved with National Youth Week in 2009 to encourage young people to have a voice.

“I have always been a strong advocate for young people standing up for themselves and speaking out – we are the future after all,” she said.

“With the National Talent Competitions and so many events during the week, National Youth Week is the perfect forum to make your move, get noticed and be heard!”

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

:D

S 1024x576 1406
S 1024x576 1183
M 1280x720 1508
S 200x300 1271
M 598x982 1028

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm
Profile WWW

Postby dnp52td » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Have you seen her doing the Subway dance on the ads during Neighbours? Anyone got vid or caps?

Snowball

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Margo in Brissie for Youth Week @ VH live. stupid overhead helicopter destroyed my recording = grr

M 1024x576 542
S 1024x576 717
S 1024x576 830

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

Postby eldiablo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:40 am

10/2/09

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Milhouse Van Houten

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:40 am

Postby eldiablo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:42 am

11/2/09

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

12/2/09

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:42 am

Postby eldiablo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 am

17/2/09

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Milhouse Van Houten

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 am

Postby eldiablo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 am

18/2/09

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Milhouse Van Houten

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 am

Postby Moonlovesaussiewomen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 am

thanks all

Barney Gumble

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 am

Postby Bluey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:33 pm

:D

S 1024x576 911
S 1024x576 605
S 1024x576 524
S 1024x576 760