Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 106  Next
 Phoebe Tonkin 
Message Author

Postby TwistedWish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Awh cool! Its about time Phoebe got another role, I'm so happy for her! :grin:

Monty Burns

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Postby TwistedWish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

i recently checked phoebes IMDB page and it said she was on packed to the rafters!

"Packed to the Rafters" .... Lexi (1 episode, 2009)
- Blurring the Lines (2009) TV episode .... Lexi

anyone have videos of it?

Monty Burns

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 am

according to my P2TR collection + http://www.australiantelevision.net/pac ... index.html ep list.. that ep has not been to air yet :ohyes:

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 am
Profile WWW

Postby meperson » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:13 am

czblack wrote:
Hope noone posted this earlier :nervous:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young guns shoot to thrill in Aussie film

Ashleigh Cummings and Phoebe Tonkin are set to take up arms and get dirty . . . in the name of art.

The teenagers from exclusive private schools will learn how to ride dirt bikes and operate AK-47 automatic assault rifles as part of the rigorous physical build-up to filming an Australian movie.

The teenagers have scored major roles in the $20 million-plus film Tomorrow: When the War Began, which is based on the John Marsden novel of the same name.

Cummings, 16, who attends Wenona School in North Sydney, is yet to tell her friends of her casting because of the secrecy surrounding the film. But she sat some of her year 11 exams early and will miss the first part of year 12 to take part in filming the role.

"I didn't think twice about it," she said.

The film will mark the directorial debut for Stuart Beattie, an Australian who is already a major name in Hollywood for his scriptwriting, for films including Collateral and the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

"I read the script and was really impressed by how well-written it was and how different it is to anything else in Australia at the moment," said Tonkin, 19. "We're going to be doing weapons training — it's all very physical; it's action-packed."

Tonkin attended Queenwood School for Girls in Mosman before pursuing acting and has already gained acclaim in television as the mermaid star of H2O: Just Add Water.

In Tomorrow: When the War Began, a group of teenagers returns home from a camping trip to discover their homes have been overtaken and all other humans have been captured or killed.

Neighbours actor Caitlin Stasey will star in the key role of Ellie.

Filming begins in the Hunter Valley later this month and the movie is scheduled for release late next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainmen ... 78791.html

It's from a 'young adult' novel isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking of then it is typical teen pandering crap. That's not to say they won't make something good of it.

Carl Carlson

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:13 am

Postby czblack » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:11 am

atefooterz wrote:
according to my P2TR collection + http://www.australiantelevision.net/pac ... index.html ep list.. that ep has not been to air yet :ohyes:

Yep, IMDB says that the original air date is 22 September 2009, so make sure your capping machine's ready and in good shape :smile: btw: It would be cool if you could grab and post vids with phoebe scene(s) too plz plzz... :-)

meperson wrote:
It's from a 'young adult' novel isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking of then it is typical teen pandering crap. That's not to say they won't make something good of it.

That article suggests some AK-47 scenes, so I hope at least some wet t-shirts could appear during the action :smoke:

Capo de tutti capi

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:11 am

Postby meperson » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:50 am

czblack wrote:
atefooterz wrote:

Yep, IMDB says that the original air date is 22 September 2009, so make sure your capping machine's ready and in good shape :smile: btw: It would be cool if you could grab and post vids with phoebe scene(s) too plz plzz... :-)

meperson wrote:

That article suggests some AK-47 scenes, so I hope at least some wet t-shirts could appear during the action :smoke:

Yeah, that sort of thing would definitely help. :lol:

I read some of the book (don't ask me why) - I'm not saying that the book did not have some technical merit but it was a typical modern young adult novel in which the young characters were portrayed in a self-important all too 'mature' type manner. I certainly didn't want or need to know that I or any other person of that age was particularly 'special!' when I was a kid. :roll: Maybe any or all of that kind of stuff won't be evident in the film version. At least we get to see Phoebe. :smile:

Carl Carlson

Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:50 am

Postby sunshine! » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Congrats to Phoebe for getting the role in tomorrow when the war began :)
yeah she is in next weeks ep of packed to the rafters, I saw her in the preview after last nights ep :)
she was washing Carbo's car or something lol

here's the description for next weeks ep-
Sammy's father Tony is facing the first hearing of his trial tomorrow, and she has to go along as moral support for her mother Trish. She's given a boost when Nathan insists he'll take the day off work and accompany her — a seemingly generous act, although he's really doing it as much to avoid Layla as to help his wife.
Over at the Karandonis house, Artie is preparing for her first day of work at the boat club with Ben. Carbo, who's aware of his romantic feelings for her, is happy with her choice of job — after all, how much trouble can she get into under the watchful eye of Ben? But he hasn't met her co-worker Lexi, a cheeky young trouble maker, yet.
Chrissy finds herself having a surprising and unwelcome fantasy of her own― about Dave. And an unexpected romance blossoms between Warney and Trish.

With: Dina Panozza as Rita Karandonis, Sophia Katos as Artmeis, Ria Vandervis as Layla, Jerome Ehlers as Tony, Phoebe Tonkin as Lexi

Rod Flanders

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Postby Shayera-Hol » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 am

I hope someone will upload it, I don't live in Australia and I really want to see Phoebe!! :smile:

valued member

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 am

Postby TwistedWish » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm

i second that

my TV's been out for 2 months or so and i dont think i'll get it back by tues, so if anyone has the ep, please upload it :grin:

Monty Burns

Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Postby sunshine! » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm

the packed to the rafters official website uploads the eps each week :) I think you have to live in Aus to watch them though.
www.packedtotherafters.com.au

Rod Flanders

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 1060 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 106  Next