AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:20 pm



Reply to topic 
 [ 507 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Pia Whitesell (remarried formerly Miller, nee Loyola) 
Message Author

Postby [email protected] » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:25 am


perfect set :dribble:

M 1080x1350 602


10
Monty Burns

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:48 pm
Posts: 63
Karma: 998.41 (629 thanks)
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:25 am
Profile

Postby wolverine » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 pm


:smile:

M 1080x1350 376
M 1080x1920 707
M 1080x1920 512
M 1080x1920 433
M 1080x1920 393
M 1080x1920 434
S 584x1444 408
S 812x1440 476


9
Capo Bastone
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am
Posts: 3495
Karma: 295.77 (10337 thanks)
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 pm
Profile

Postby wolverine » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm


:smile:

M 1440x1800 429


7
Capo Bastone
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am
Posts: 3495
Karma: 295.77 (10337 thanks)
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm
Profile

Postby wolverine » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 am


:smile:

M 750x1333 191
M 750x1333 233
M 750x1333 183


5
Capo Bastone
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am
Posts: 3495
Karma: 295.77 (10337 thanks)
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 am
Profile

Postby BOC » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 pm


wolverine wrote:
I asked you twice to move on and you refused. You are arguing that I should remove the images I uploaded but only AFTER you modified your post quietly to upload them to this server yourself. So now it looks like I duplicated images on this server and you are acting offended. If your sense of right and wrong is so strong, why did you modify your original post to justify your arguments in later posts?

I have removed images I uploaded as there is no point in duplicates. But you have been banned for a month for editing your post unethically and ignoring admin warnings.



?? Seriously?


Maggie's Pacifier

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 am
Posts: 4
Karma: 75.00 (3 thanks)
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 pm
Profile

Postby wolverine » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm


BOC wrote:
wolverine wrote:
I asked you twice to move on and you refused. You are arguing that I should remove the images I uploaded but only AFTER you modified your post quietly to upload them to this server yourself. So now it looks like I duplicated images on this server and you are acting offended. If your sense of right and wrong is so strong, why did you modify your original post to justify your arguments in later posts?

I have removed images I uploaded as there is no point in duplicates. But you have been banned for a month for editing your post unethically and ignoring admin warnings.



?? Seriously?


Yes, seriously. What is your point? First post in 2 years and it's questioning admin's actions?

Having been around in this community for the last 20 years and last 10 as admin, I've seen and dealt with fair share of questionable personalities and characters (righteous, entitled and opinionated). They come and go, there is an inexhaustible number of them out there. I asked him a number of times to move on but he refused. So he got nudged to come to his senses, that's all.


Capo Bastone
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am
Posts: 3495
Karma: 295.77 (10337 thanks)
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 pm
Profile

Postby BOC » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:16 am


wolverine wrote:
BOC wrote:
wolverine wrote:
I asked you twice to move on and you refused. You are arguing that I should remove the images I uploaded but only AFTER you modified your post quietly to upload them to this server yourself. So now it looks like I duplicated images on this server and you are acting offended. If your sense of right and wrong is so strong, why did you modify your original post to justify your arguments in later posts?

I have removed images I uploaded as there is no point in duplicates. But you have been banned for a month for editing your post unethically and ignoring admin warnings.



?? Seriously?


Yes, seriously. What is your point? First post in 2 years and it's questioning admin's actions?

Having been around in this community for the last 20 years and last 10 as admin, I've seen and dealt with fair share of questionable personalities and characters (righteous, entitled and opinionated). They come and go, there is an inexhaustible number of them out there. I asked him a number of times to move on but he refused. So he got nudged to come to his senses, that's all.


Generally I keep to myself. I made the comment because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
Pretty clear that was blown way out of proportion way too quickly but I've been playing around on forums of one sort or another since the 90s and the one thing everyone accepts is you never copy someone else's posts or contributions. It's one of those unwritten internet forum laws no one with any sort of character violates. It's just not done. In his place I'd have been offended too. Let's face it. That was a banging post.
It would have been better to not do it in the first place but the simplest solution once the objection was raised would have been to accept it was an error in judgement and take it down. You had options at your disposal that would have been more than fair and given you the mirrors you wanted. You weren't having any of it though.
I don't think that was a questionable character. I read his other posts out of interest and to get a better idea. The reaction was a bit strong but his point was right.
That was a bad move, fella. From the start it was just a bad move.
If you make a mistake own it. People respect you for it. No one respects the heavy hand whose only real rule is "I do what I like and you just have to wipe your mouth". Doubling down with the big stick just makes you look bad.


1
Maggie's Pacifier

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 am
Posts: 4
Karma: 75.00 (3 thanks)
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:16 am
Profile

Postby wolverine » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm


BOC wrote:
Generally I keep to myself. I made the comment because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
Pretty clear that was blown way out of proportion way too quickly but I've been playing around on forums of one sort or another since the 90s and the one thing everyone accepts is you never copy someone else's posts or contributions. It's one of those unwritten internet forum laws no one with any sort of character violates. It's just not done. In his place I'd have been offended too. Let's face it. That was a banging post.
It would have been better to not do it in the first place but the simplest solution once the objection was raised would have been to accept it was an error in judgement and take it down. You had options at your disposal that would have been more than fair and given you the mirrors you wanted. You weren't having any of it though.
I don't think that was a questionable character. I read his other posts out of interest and to get a better idea. The reaction was a bit strong but his point was right.
That was a bad move, fella. From the start it was just a bad move.
If you make a mistake own it. People respect you for it. No one respects the heavy hand whose only real rule is "I do what I like and you just have to wipe your mouth". Doubling down with the big stick just makes you look bad.


I appreciate that you took the time to write your response and try and make your point rather than write a single word like in your original post. Nevertheless, I think we need to agree to disagree on my approach. I would really like to move on from this now.


Capo Bastone
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am
Posts: 3495
Karma: 295.77 (10337 thanks)
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm
Profile

Postby BOC » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 am


wolverine wrote:
BOC wrote:
Generally I keep to myself. I made the comment because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
Pretty clear that was blown way out of proportion way too quickly but I've been playing around on forums of one sort or another since the 90s and the one thing everyone accepts is you never copy someone else's posts or contributions. It's one of those unwritten internet forum laws no one with any sort of character violates. It's just not done. In his place I'd have been offended too. Let's face it. That was a banging post.
It would have been better to not do it in the first place but the simplest solution once the objection was raised would have been to accept it was an error in judgement and take it down. You had options at your disposal that would have been more than fair and given you the mirrors you wanted. You weren't having any of it though.
I don't think that was a questionable character. I read his other posts out of interest and to get a better idea. The reaction was a bit strong but his point was right.
That was a bad move, fella. From the start it was just a bad move.
If you make a mistake own it. People respect you for it. No one respects the heavy hand whose only real rule is "I do what I like and you just have to wipe your mouth". Doubling down with the big stick just makes you look bad.


I appreciate that you took the time to write your response and try and make your point rather than write a single word like in your original post. Nevertheless, I think we need to agree to disagree on my approach. I would really like to move on from this now.


I wrote one word because one word should have been all that is necessary. An admin should behave better.
It shouldn't have started but you could have ended that as soon as it happened without all the fighting. It was a set of bad moves from the outset. You kept doubling down rather than put your hand up to an error in judgement. You banned him and called him "unethical" for adding a mirror to his own contribution! It was his contribution FGS! Not yours! The "unethical" move by any forum etiquette was you doing it. Bad form. "?? Seriously?" said everything that was required. No-one who has been around on forums as long as us would react any differently.
He's not entitled. Just standing up for what's right. Aggressively maybe but you didn't give him much option. You bullied him from a position of power to shut him up from calling you out. That etiquette has been universal to forums since the first newsgroups went online. It's inviolate. An admin who's been around for 20 years should know that. He was right. You were wrong. End of.
Move on all you like. Everyone knows the truth. And you owe that bloke an apology.

I've said my piece. I'm going back to being a quiet observer. But I'm right on this. And I think you know it even if you can't admit it.


1
Maggie's Pacifier

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 am
Posts: 4
Karma: 75.00 (3 thanks)
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:22 am
Profile

Postby ringofyre » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am


wolverine wrote:
I would really like to move on from this now.


BOC wrote:
I've said my piece. I'm going back to being a quiet observer.


I'm not generally a gambling man but I'll run odds on neither of those statements being true. Any takers?


3
Lionel Hutz
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 441
Karma: 119.27 (526 thanks)
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic 
 [ 507 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cmack82, MJWHYAREYOU and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.