AusCelebs Forums
https://forums.auscelebs.net/

Image upload progress indicator.
https://forums.auscelebs.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=21350
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ringofyre [ Tue Mar 18, 2025 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Image upload progress indicator.

If we could implement it - it can be done with php/css (I am not knowledgeable but have seen it done and looked at the sauce).
It can be quite frustrating as once you click the "Upload" button there is no way to know if it's happening unless you just sit and wait for them to show up or an error message. Not a big thing but the code is fairly small and would make a difference between the upload button getting mashed and not!

Some example etc.
https://www.php.net/manual/en/session.u ... ogress.php
https://github.com/FineUploader/fine-uploader
https://codeshack.io/file-upload-progress-bar-js-php/
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/upload-pr ... ar-in-php/

EDIT: Case in point - uploading 40 odd pics, all under 10mb and obv less than 100. After waiting for over 5 min with no indication of anything

Quote:
413 Request Entity Too Large
cloudflare


And a quick question - what do the numbers 0-5 (normally) following the image filesize mean? I'm guessing the letters "L, M" etc. that precede the image size are descriptive ie. - Large, Medium?

Author:  wolverine [ Sun May 04, 2025 3:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

Image uploader has had an overhaul and it now includes a progress bar. Let us know if you experience any issues.

Numbers following the image size indicate number of clicks on that image by registered and unregistered members. If you see 0-5 most of the time, it means you spend a lot of time here and see images soon after they are uploaded (and before their numbers go much higher) :cheerstothat:

Author:  ringofyre [ Sun May 04, 2025 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

wolverine wrote:
Image uploader has had an overhaul and it now includes a progress bar. Let us know if you experience any issues.

Numbers following the image size indicate number of clicks on that image by registered and unregistered members. If you see 0-5 most of the time, it means you spend a lot of time here and see images soon after they are uploaded (and before their numbers go much higher) :cheerstothat:

I saw! Nicely done.

Author:  Armac25 [ Sun May 04, 2025 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

wolverine wrote:
Image uploader has had an overhaul and it now includes a progress bar. Let us know if you experience any issues.

Numbers following the image size indicate number of clicks on that image by registered and unregistered members. If you see 0-5 most of the time, it means you spend a lot of time here and see images soon after they are uploaded (and before their numbers go much higher) :cheerstothat:


I noticed that the thumbnails are much smaller, is it possible to make them a bit larger?

Author:  wolverine [ Sun May 04, 2025 7:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

Armac25 wrote:
I noticed that the thumbnails are much smaller, is it possible to make them a bit larger?


Sorted, thanks for reporting it.

Author:  narly [ Mon May 05, 2025 11:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

wolverine wrote:
Armac25 wrote:
I noticed that the thumbnails are much smaller, is it possible to make them a bit larger?


Sorted, thanks for reporting it.

Do I need to re-up what I posted yesterday ?
I see even after a refresh they are still small .

Author:  wolverine [ Mon May 05, 2025 11:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

narly wrote:
Do I need to re-up what I posted yesterday ?
I see even after a refresh they are still small .


Those uploaded while the bug was present will remain small, sorry. If you still have them, it would be great if you could reupload them.

Author:  narly [ Mon May 05, 2025 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Image upload progress indicator.

wolverine wrote:
narly wrote:
Do I need to re-up what I posted yesterday ?
I see even after a refresh they are still small .


Those uploaded while the bug was present will remain small, sorry. If you still have them, it would be great if you could reupload them.

Will do

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/