Reply to topic 
 [ 45 posts ] 
 New look 
Message Author

Postby sharkboi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm

atefooterz wrote:
sharkboi wrote:
atefooterz wrote:
Much prefer the older or similar mute style. This one however should get folks monitors honed in! If you can not see the background then you are missing out on midtones. If we start seeing clowns 'making caps brighter" and re posting stuff then instead of the pitty for cash strapped sorts with dead monitors we will know that this look is too bright & folks are turning their brightness down excessivly!

Turning down my monitor brightness was the first thing I had to do!
OK so if before you could not see the tint, then monitor too bright, or not enough resolution, if now turned down brightness and tint is more than 30%approx then waay too dark, to look at caps/pics properly. If wolverine has the specs for the background tint we can callibrate grey scale correctly/exactly.

EDiT i am guessing it is supposed to be a 5-10% tint ?

I've moved on, and installed the 'Stylish' extension.
Am going through a steep learning curve, but will eventually get the site looking the way I want, so far I'm up to where the image is, have a lot to figure out and a long way to go yet... :nervous:

M 1003x618 220

Troy McLure

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Postby aka Aussie is back » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:58 pm

sharkboi wrote:
wolverine wrote:
Sorry that you feel that way but it doesn't change anything. We didn't remove the old theme because we don't want members to have choice, it was removed because two themes require a lot more work to upkeep and modify for new features. You will appreciate that there are many changes from default phpBB that had to be made in order to support unique features of this forum. At this stage it is simply not possible to spend time required for both themes. Down the track, maybe but not at this stage. This is a hobby project for all of us after all...

So why? what was the problem with the old theme? were there complaints from members about it? saying they didn't like it?
I just can't see the point of changing things for the sake of it, when everything was ok before!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but in this case it's an Old Shark :lol:

Personally I think it's much better, things need to constantly evolve & change, otherwise we would all be still driving model T's & wouldn't know what a phone (let alone a smartphone), computer, etc was, some people just don't adapt to change, they're familiar safety net has been taken away

Elizabeth Hoover

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Postby HIPPYD » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 pm

prefer old format

Judge Roy Snyder

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Postby ozzienutter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm

OMG! I come back from a holiday and find someone has moved the furniture around! and painted the walls a dull gray!
YUK :roll:

Itchy the Mouse

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Postby sharkboi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:16 pm

atefooterz wrote:
My only real issue with what we currently have is no return to top at side, much preffered to onlu at bottom of page, or nothing.

The search function results do not allow user to jump to selected post. Starting from post1 page 1 is not friendly.

Agree, not being able to jump directly to a particular post after searching, is a real pain!

Another nuisance is that the time and date of a post is at the bottom, which means a lot of scrolling to see it when it's a big post with lots of thumbs.

Also a nuisance is that all links are the same colour, no change for 'visited' links, which means I can't see which bloody threads I've been in or not!
So this has made me install yet another script in 'Stylish', to have the standard Blue for unvisited links, Purple for visited links, and Red for the hover.
If anyone else wants the proper link colours back install it from here ...
http://userstyles.org/styles/15160/link ... l-websites

If you don't have the Stylish addon installed in your browser, get it here...
Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... styleshome
Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... leoegfcffe

Some people may consider these things trivial, but when you spend as much time each day here as some of us do, they are real annoyances.

Troy McLure

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Postby wolverine » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 am

I can't replicate the search problem, for me it goes straight to the clicked post. Can someone give me step by step instructions and what browser they are using?

Colour for visited and non-visited links can be sorted, it was something that the original authors designed but default behaviour and link colours do make more sense.

I am going away for 2 weeks starting this Thursday and while I will regularly visit the forums, I won't be able to make any code changes during that period. Please keep reporting any issues or list any themes you would like considered. We need more members to make their voice heard, even if you only wish to confirm that you like one of the themes someone else mentioned. Or I might come back and find that everyone has settled into the new theme and we don't need to change anything :P

Capo Bastone

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 am

Postby wyatt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

Small complaint - can we get the date of each post to show at the top, rather than the bottom? It means you can find the date without looking at all the stuff from that post.

Rest is great as usual.

Milhouse Van Houten

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

Postby arpydee » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:39 am

Like the new look a lot. One request, can please post more topless pictures? All those beautiful Aussies out there you must be able to find some bare breasts somewhere. Arpy

Maggie's Pacifier

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:39 am

Postby ozzienutter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 pm

wyatt wrote:
Small complaint - can we get the date of each post to show at the top, rather than the bottom? It means you can find the date without looking at all the stuff from that post.

Rest is great as usual.

Not only the date, but the Profile and PM links too, please.
Any chance of some colours, place looks very dull.

Itchy the Mouse

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Postby wolverine » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:07 am

Post date has been added directly below post subject. Have left the original post date in place for the time being, might find some use for that space later.

Visited links are now more distinct than before, you may have to clean your browser cache or press Shift+F5 to force-refresh latest CSS style download.

PM and profile links were always below avatar and author info, so I don't see why that should be moved to the top.

Capo Bastone

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:07 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 45 posts ]