Yes, image posting policy should be reviewed by users 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, full size images should be allowed 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
No, review of image posting policy not required 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
No, posting of Thumbnail images is satisfactory 86%  86%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 14

Review of picture posting policy 
Message Author

Postby critic » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Let us see what the general populace of this forum thinks about this.

I have recently been criticised for posting full size, not large, images.
critic wrote:
critic wrote:
critic wrote:
Terrific in RED :dribble:

But then again would look great in nothing (old joke I know, but it works)

Critic, please do not load full size images as part of your post. The ones in this post have been removed - admin

Unjustified moderation/censorship IMHO :!:

Posting thumbnails allows the page to load quicker and keeps things tidy. Please follow instructions from the mods and admins and show a bit of respect. Mr Walker*, Site Admin.
Site Tips
Moderators are generally happy to help. Send them a PM if you are stuck or unsure about something.
The auscelebs forum searching is an easy way to find topics.
If you are looking for pictures of someone that you have seen on an ad, please request it in the "unknowns" thread.
Moderators are always bloody well right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_le65EMQ4 That is why they are moderators. And Admins are NEVER wrong.

Kindly show a bit of respect to me as well then by NOT ADDING to my posts.

If you want to say something then QUOTE mine and add after the quote as all other users have to do.

Again I say other forums have no problems with full size images so I cant see why this site does and maybe that policy needs to be visited and reviewed by the USERS of this forum :!:

Let's see what you all think about this. I trust the admins and mods are big enough to see what we users what from the site and not lock or delete this poll/thread and also not block/ban me from the site for expressing a view and seeking the opinions of others.

Last edited by critic on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Otto Man

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:05 pm

There are many good reasons for thumbs preview

* Bandwidth, speed of page load & many different speeds of connection.

*I do not wish to see a page blown out of whack width wise. You will note that a script has now been added to prevent this..
see chopped Miranda pic below & Critics full size posted pic that the board chops off what he was excited about.

*i do not want to waste my bandwidth $ on seeing a pic i may not like, or have already viewed/saved, every time i look at a thread= if your pic is 1MB then for 25 posts on that page each time someone access it they & our server get hit. If you wish to pay a few hundred dollars a month to make this viable please contact the admins :yes: If they agree can you please subsidise my monthly net bill as well , as viewing & downloading your fullsize pics will slow down greatly what new stuff i can upload.

NOTE Full size pics up to 700 pixels wide can be posted ...but again it does slow down page load & is considered bad form on all but the most lightly viwed old style boards !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

Postby wolverine » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

critic, you are wasting your time. All mods, admins and site owners are against it so you have no hope of changing this policy.

This site has been around for a long time now in one form or another, and current policy is a result of many years of experience. It will not change. Full stop.

Capo Bastone

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Postby wolverine » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=16209&p=468701#p468701

You are really pushing shit uphill now. Consider yourself warned.

Capo Bastone

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Postby modecko » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:49 pm

There's no good reason to post full size images, especially when the image is just a full size of a thumbnail previously posted. If you want to draw attention to any image just repost the thumbnail or better still reference it in the original post.

The only reason I see people posting full size images for is to draw attention to themselves and thus dominate the post, a twist on small man's disease.

Judge Roy Snyder

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Postby salt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:47 pm

If the user wants to see a full size pic, they can click on the thumbnail to view it, they shouldn't be forced to accumulate extra bandwidth while just browsing the responses in a topic as the cap in question may not appeal to all users (e.g. the outfit in the cap doesn't interest the viewer and thus doesn't justify having extra download usage being used up unwillingly). There have also been a few cases where mistakenly the user in question has gotten credit for images which I capped. I completely understand that it isn't the users intention with posting the full size images, but it's still bothersome nonetheless.

Milhouse Van Houten

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Postby mr_walker* » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:18 am

critic, by stirring up shit you have moved so much closer to a banning. Leave the issue alone or you will be banned.

Carl Carlson

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:18 am

Postby critic » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

I only sort opinion of others and most agree with the policy as it stands so that is fine. I see that 1 voter agreed with me and that was not me I DID NOT VOTE in my own poll.

AS the majority have agreed with current policy I will no longer seek a change even though I still no problem with full size, OVERSIZED yes, but full or normal size No.

Poll has now been cancelled by me.

As I am a moderator on another (unrelated) site I thank you for not blocking/deleting this thread.

Otto Man

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 8 posts ]