Reply to topic 
 [ 385 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next
 Server upgrade completed - comments please 
Message Author

Postby czblack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

atefooterz wrote:
czblack wrote:
Well I will be sleeping rather badly tonight. TWELVE job interviews planned for tomorrow :yikes: May the force be with me.

Best of luck with the interviews :yes:

:cheerstothat:

Capo de tutti capi

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Postby atefooterz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 am

Private Messages
i have just discovered that we do not get notifiedf about a new PM (in the top right control tab) :evil:
by accidernt i found a PM from 2 months ago unread = is this a Firefox issue ?
I have never had any email notifications go to my yahoo email from the original or this rebuilt site = no idea why.
BUT used to get a new PM notification OK.
cheers :grin:

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Postby czblack » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 am

New old thumbs are up. Apart from what I said in one of my previous posts, I also added sorting by popularity, which will be changable via settings once I get to it. The size/bandwidth problem was solved by two sizes of thumbnails - first four are larger, the rest smaller. I would like to make this behavior somewhat smarter and modifiable via settings too. Some of the thumbs were cropped strangely for unknown reason, so I'll have to check what happened there. Most is fine though :yes:

I also optimized page loading by merging and minifying javascripts and styles. This could theoreticaly speed up the site a little.

atefooterz wrote:
Private Messages
i have just discovered that we do not get notifiedf about a new PM (in the top right control tab) :evil:
by accidernt i found a PM from 2 months ago unread = is this a Firefox issue ?
I have never had any email notifications go to my yahoo email from the original or this rebuilt site = no idea why.
BUT used to get a new PM notification OK.
cheers :grin:

Yeah, but so few people use PMs these days that I can't force myself to do something about it. Fewer still don't receive mails. I'd only suggest to place our domain into your contacts, which sometimes help. Other than that, I will rather work on getting rid of phpbb.

Capo de tutti capi

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 am

Postby Hotmel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 am

Thumbnails are not displayed properly in explorer, but are fine firefox. Why has this happened. It worked fine yesterday, what has changed?? :???:

Elizabeth Hoover

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 am

Postby czblack » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 am

Hotmel wrote:
Thumbnails are not displayed properly in explorer, but are fine firefox. Why has this happened. It worked fine yesterday, what has changed?? :???:

What version of IE do you use? OS?

EDIT: Fixed now. Thanks for the report.

Capo de tutti capi

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 am

Postby sharkboi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm

czblack wrote:
New old thumbs are up. Apart from what I said in one of my previous posts, I also added sorting by popularity, which will be changable via settings once I get to it. The size/bandwidth problem was solved by two sizes of thumbnails - first four are larger, the rest smaller. I would like to make this behavior somewhat smarter and modifiable via settings too. Some of the thumbs were cropped strangely for unknown reason, so I'll have to check what happened there. Most is fine though :yes:
I also optimized page loading by merging and minifying javascripts and styles. This could theoreticaly speed up the site a little.

Sorry mate, but I really can't handle seeing the thumbs all mixed up, and not in the proper chronological order of their capping, it just ain't right!!
Yes, people may eventually be able to change this in their user settings, but so few users will bother to do this, most will see the thumbs all mixed up!
Good to see less cropping of the thumbs, but I can't see why there is a need for them to be cropped at all.

Troy McLure

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Postby wolverine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:28 pm

sharkboi wrote:
czblack wrote:

Sorry mate, but I really can't handle seeing the thumbs all mixed up, and not in the proper chronological order of their capping, it just ain't right!!
Yes, people may eventually be able to change this in their user settings, but so few users will bother to do this, most will see the thumbs all mixed up!
Good to see less cropping of the thumbs, but I can't see why there is a need for them to be cropped at all.

You can't speak for everybody, so if you are provided with a way to change it to suit you, I can't see a problem with it. I personally don't care about them not being in sequence but mixed thumb size does look confusing, probably because most are so small. But I can wait for the settings to be implemented to change this to suit me.

Capo Bastone

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Postby sharkboi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm

wolverine wrote:
sharkboi wrote:
czblack wrote:

You can't speak for everybody, so if you are provided with a way to change it to suit you, I can't see a problem with it. I personally don't care about them not being in sequence but mixed thumb size does look confusing, probably because most are so small. But I can wait for the settings to be implemented to change this to suit me.

I only speak for myself, can't really do anything else can we, and I'm happy that eventually I'll be able to change the thumbs view to my own preferences, along with any other personal preferences I can set, the more personal preferences we have the better.

Troy McLure

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Postby atefooterz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm

my only comment is that having thumbs now display single file

v
e
r
t
i
c
a
l