View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 385 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next
 Server upgrade completed - comments please 
Message Author

Postby bomba » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm

thanks wolverine I will do that :)

i did ping the server the other day and did get a reply though didn't take note of the IP so will do that when I get home. Just of note it does this in win7 & XP.

My ISP is TPG by the way..thanks

Disco Stu

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Postby wolverine » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 pm

aka Aussie wrote:
Yeh, well that sucks, I'll be buggered if I am going to do 1000 uploads(I am assuming that is pic uploads to site server, so in any case all the posts I have made with images hosted elsewhere probably don't count, so no more), I was once a 5000 + post member of the old site & in the top 10 uploaders, quite frankly I could not be bothered, so I doubt I will bother frequenting this site any more, plenty of other user friendly sites out there :sad:

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. It's not a 1000 posts minimum requirement, it's a bit smarter than that. Please visit User Stats and click on "Show Info".

I would hope you would appreciate our effort here. There are bills that need to be paid and as there is no-one putting their hand up to pay them, the site has to cover it's costs by using ads - it's as simple as that.

Capo Bastone

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Postby czblack » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:55 pm

wolverine wrote:
aka Aussie wrote:
Yeh, well that sucks, I'll be buggered if I am going to do 1000 uploads(I am assuming that is pic uploads to site server, so in any case all the posts I have made with images hosted elsewhere probably don't count, so no more), I was once a 5000 + post member of the old site & in the top 10 uploaders, quite frankly I could not be bothered, so I doubt I will bother frequenting this site any more, plenty of other user friendly sites out there :sad:

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. It's not a 1000 posts minimum requirement, it's a bit smarter than that. Please visit User Stats and click on "Show Info".

I would hope you would appreciate our effort here. There are bills that need to be paid and as there is no-one putting their hand up to pay them, the site has to cover it's costs by using ads - it's as simple as that.

Pretty much so. Besides, ad placement is a dynamic process - some changes will be happening as the site will evolve. I will ie. prolly (re)move those ad strip on topic list & topic detail pages somewhere else soon. As this and other topics hopefully show, we listen to our members and always try to do our best to find some compromise acceptable for everyone. If you have some better concept that can work in current economic reality than feel to post it :cofee:

Capo de tutti capi

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:58 pm

Quote:
# User Posts Pictures Size Views Clicks Last uploaded Rank
61. aka Aussie 49 32 (0.03%) 6.65MB (0.07%) 2920 (0.16%) 3036 26/10/2009 13:56 453

getting up there now :smile:

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

Postby dizzan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:35 am

I still have no access from home and I am also with tpg. I've tried everything but it still says that the site is unavailable

Monty Burns

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:35 am

Postby wolverine » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am

dizzan wrote:
I still have no access from home and I am also with tpg. I've tried everything but it still says that the site is unavailable

This is now a third known occurrence of this problem happening to TPG customers so I am guessing none of the TPG customers are able to get to the site. Can you guys try visiting http://forums.auscelebs.net/ directly, rather than going to www site and let us know if it works? I find it very strange that http://forums.auscelebs.net/ would be redirected to the old www when forums.auscelebs.net host name did not even exist before the move. If it still doesn't work, something very weird is going on at TPG.

Capo Bastone

Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am

Postby atefooterz » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 am

Denny wrote:
libby lover wrote:
Why do people want caps of Karl Kennedy ? :???:

Hi Libby lover. It could be because some people think that he's good looking and cute! :wink:

atefooterz wrote:
libby lover wrote:
I was just curious to see why he had a thread that's all ! Calm down bluey mate.

What you probably do not realise, Libby Luver ,is that both male & female celebs are now merged. That is why you would not be aware of the most active thread on the old site with all the Fletch fans,back in the day :grin:
Not all members ofOzzie C are guys either matey :yes:

Like 8'tz has said this used to be a really busy thread. It's a shame that not many people post on here now, but I know that anfield09 has been trying to get on to the board to post, but she's not been able to log in. Katie has had problems with the board as well.

Shared in this post with link

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Postby czblack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 am

I sent several mails today which should allow me to get more info about this and fix it. Will post more later. :cofee:

Capo de tutti capi

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 am

Postby wolverine » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Some helpful members have responded with more info and it turns out they really are being routed to the old IP address. And more proof that the problem seems to be with TPG Internet only.

On behalf of the admins and mods of this forum, may I ask that one of you TPG customers contact their support and enquire about the problem. I know that their support leaves a bit to be desired but realistically, there is nothing more we can do from our end as the problem is not with us.

If you decide to call them, please ask them why their nameservers resolve http://forums.auscelebs.net to 83.223.106.9 instead of 67.43.48.93. Then let us know here how you go. You will be doing a huge favour, not just to us but to hundreds of members who are having trouble accessing the site.

Capo Bastone

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Postby stellaq » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:46 pm

wolverine wrote:
dizzan wrote:

This is now a third known occurrence of this problem happening to TPG customers so I am guessing none of the TPG customers are able to get to the site. Can you guys try visiting http://forums.auscelebs.net/ directly, rather than going to www site and let us know if it works? I find it very strange that http://forums.auscelebs.net/ would be redirected to the old www when forums.auscelebs.net host name did not even exist before the move. If it still doesn't work, something very weird is going on at TPG.

Yep I'm with TPG and can't access the site. I'm going through an anonymous proxy (wich isn't a solution and is extremely slow) just to reply here.

Even if you enter http://forums.auscelebs.net/ directly into any browser (tried them all) you get the following:

404 Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.41 Ben-SSL/1.60 Server at forums.auscelebs.net Port 80

Funnily enough you can still get the main site of http://forums.auscelebs.net/ but the forum link gives you a "404 Not Found" also.

Maybe the forum owner needs to contact TPG, because TPG users can't see the forum. I've tried but got nowhere.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 385 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next