AusCelebs Forums
https://forums.auscelebs.net/

Forum is back online on new box (old topic)
https://forums.auscelebs.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13518
Page 1 of 31

Author:  czblack [ Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Forum is back online on new box (old topic)

OK something to start with:

The situation is following:
- all uploaded pictures are most likely lost (because we now have no access to the former AC server)
- the site will run on a new domain - auscelebs.net
- the forum and all it's content (apart from pics) is saved
- the forum is upgraded to phpbb3 and ready to run immediately

post your thoughts here...

Author:  narly [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

When can I start uploading , I have a huge backlog of caps :D Seriously , great job to CZ & Wolverine . We in OZland need this site , there's nothing else . Aussie exposed is great for vids but it's not a cap site . Bad news about losing all previously posted images , guess I'll be busy re-uploading :P Is it possible to do a test upload ?

Author:  czblack [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

narly wrote:
When can I start uploading , I have a huge backlog of caps :D Seriously , great job to CZ & Wolverine . We in OZland need this site , there's nothing else . Aussie exposed is great for vids but it's not a cap site . Bad news about losing all previously posted images , guess I'll be busy re-uploading :P Is it possible to do a test upload ?

Thanks :-) I'll contact wolverine today & will post an update asap...

Author:  czblack [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

Yes, and you could try to upload here some pics (the more the better) to make some tests if you have some free time to try if everything goes well :wink: (the site will run on the same server as this one) It would also be good to know how is the site responsive from australia (ping, timeouts)?

Just like this: :-)

Author:  atefooterz [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

"most of the posts are saved .. we seem to have a time warp from January to late Feb when "she were gone" 8)

Author:  czblack [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

atefooterz wrote:
"most of the posts are saved .. we seem to have a time warp from January to late Feb when "she were gone" 8)

Yea, right... :P Erm, it took hell of a work to get everything together as it was at the end of Jan. I had to join several partially corrupted backups made between Dec 13 and Jan 31 === some avatars and user accounts registered after Dec 13 2008 can be missing. Fortunatelly all posts up to Jan 31 were saved. I also made plenty of optimizing and synchronizing work, so we now have correct "post count per topic", user count and other stats. I think the forum runs a bit faster as well. :-)

Author:  atefooterz [ Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

what is also impressive is how well the "search function works now :D

Author:  czblack [ Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

I'm now working on plenty of smaller things, so some weird things may be happening :-) Be patient, I'll post an update soon (really) :-)

Edit: Logging in should now be OK.
Edit #2: registering works fine as well
Edit #3: Private messages fixed, going to solve missing avatars
Edit #4: erm, login fixed again :-)

Author:  narly [ Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

Umm can we lose the " Your message contains too few characters." when posting caps . Sometimes its not necessary to post a message when uploading self explanatory caps :)

Author:  czblack [ Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The new site - info, ideas, thoughts, ...

I cannot quickly find it now & I've got quiet enough for today, so... erm... good night :-)

Page 1 of 31 All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/