AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Color Blind Settings in Windows 10 
Message Author

Postby phunkyfeelone » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:52 pm

For those of us that are colour blind (almost 50% of men have some level of colour blindness), Windows (and Android) now have settings under Accessibility to simulate normal colour vision!

Note: Color blind does not mean you can't see colour - it fades reds and greens and makes them much less vibrant.
You may not think you are color blind, the test is called the Ishihara Test (do the test before you adjust your display settings, as adjusting the settings will effectively "correct" the results).

Why am I mentioning this? Try living 38 years with colour blindness, I just turned this feature on in Windows 10, now i've got to go back through all my favourite photos and re-look at them, as it is a totally different experience (yes, tears flowed, it's that dramatic for me!!)

Martin Prince

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Postby wolverine » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:19 am

I just did the Ishihara Test, thank goodness I was able to see all numbers.

If you find any images on this site that are much better with those Windows settings, point them out :cheerstothat:

Capo Bastone

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:19 am

Postby phunkyfeelone » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 am

wolverine wrote:
I just did the Ishihara Test, thank goodness I was able to see all numbers.

If you find any images on this site that are much better with those Windows settings, point them out :cheerstothat:

So far just personal photos, I took a photo last year of the Beastie Boys memorial wall in NYC, which is my desktop pic. The best way to describe the difference is imagine looking at a faded colour photo from the 70's that's been recoloured with much more vibrant colours. Never knew what normal looked like!

For example, the Christmas logo you have with 3 in santa suits, went from a redish pink to vibrant red.

Normal vision can see millions of shades of colours, I'm restricted to thousands, and often can't tell reds from greens.
There are glasses called Enchroma that can correct this on a daily basis, only available in the US. I'm trying g to find someone who has bought them in Melbourne for me to try before I shell out $650 each for an indoor and outdoor pair.

Martin Prince

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ]