AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ] 
 AUSTAR PROBLEM PLEASE HELP 
Message Author

Postby christelvr69 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm

HI Everyone,

I have had nothing buy problems with my austar set top box (doesn't have iq, just the standard atlas box).

it used to come up "e80" error message on every single channel. dad rang austar technical support, and the guy reset it remotely, and it came back on for about 8 hours or so, and then died again. We have had austar out on 3 seperate occasions, they have changed the box all 3 times, and other various components of the system. as it would not work whatver i done, i disconnected it and blew out the dust. After doing that, it will power on but then does absolutley nothing (even though it has a green power light). Usually it comes up "austar searching for channels" I have inserted the smart card, triple checked the connections, but still nothing. i have powered it off and on again (after waiting 1 minute) nothing, except the screen comes up black, as it is getting a signal from the box.

When they come out, they say "ok its working fine now" they leave and about 20 mins later it dies again. we re-ring them, and are told "we will have to book someone to come out again" and we say "but they were just here, and left 20 mins ago"

Monty Burns

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Postby sharkboi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

When I left Austar 3 years ago, they spent a month trying to get me to stay, gave me free packages etc etc
Maybe if you ring and threaten to leave they might bother to actually fix it.

Troy McLure

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Postby pce229073 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 am

Get them to change the LNBF on the dish is sound like a Local Oscillator drift issue. (10.7GHZ L.O.)
For the Satellite digital QPSK service they use a PLL LNBF (Phase Lock Loop).
If it is cactus it will do what you have described.
Get them to actually get the ladder of their van and climb on the roof and do something.
I am a Satellite Engineer not an installer and controlled this service work a number of years ago for Foxtel & Austar.
The Installers are underpaid in most cases and will do as little as possible where they can.
Band aid approach is their motto.
Hope this helps. :giggle:
pce229073 :smoke:

Carl Carlson

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ]