AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 13 posts ] 
 Choosing a web browser 
Message Author

Postby sharkboi » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm

I've been using Firefox for years, but have been having problems recently, as it gets more and more bloated with features and extra thingies I have no use for, and it's been using masses more memory over time, it has slowed down too much.

So have been trying other browsers for a month or so, I like Chrome, but loathe the privacy problems built in to it, but I have now discovered SWIron, which is Chrome minus the privacy problems.
It's now the default browser on my system, I'm having difficulty adjusting to not having all the FF addons I'm used to, but I'll adjust eventually, or open up FF for a few minutes whenever I absolutely can't do without some function.

I recommend it... http://www.srware.net/en/

Troy McLure

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
Well, there yah go! I must be happy with Firefox to have never procured that much information about Chrome myself...

I now have Chrome because it came as a mandatory installation with the latest avast! update. I had a look at it & used it for a while but went back to Firefox. Why have hamburger when you can have steak?

Ned Flanders

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Postby wolverine » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm

I use Chrome for daily browsing and Firefox for development. I am very paranoid about privacy so I installed a Chrome extension called "Incognito Regex". I specified URLs of websites that will automatically launch a Chrome Incognito window when you visit them. In my list I put google, youtube, yahoo etc., so while they can track me, it is limited to the period that my Incognito window is open. And even then it is of any use to them only if I log in, which I almost never do. I also got into a habbit of closing Incognito window every time I'me done with a Google search etc.

Capo Bastone

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 13 posts ]