AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 My Next Theatre Appearance 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 pm

I guess this strand is only relevant to my fellow Adelaideans but I thought that it couldn't hurt for me to use my Aussie Celebs membership to help promote ticket sales for the plays I am in.

My next thespian appearance will be for a theatrical company called A.C.T.A.D. where we will be doing the classic British sex comedy written by the celebrated British farce playwright Ray Cooney called "Not Now Darling".

I've attached both sides of the flyer as jpegs.

I will be playing the part of Harry McMichael who is the head of a crime syndicate & who's wife one of the other characters is trying to get into the cot.

It's a very funny play, probably Ray Cooney's funniest & we are always laughing ourselves silly at each other during the rehearsals. :D

I can post some reviews later when the season has opened.

Thank you for visiting this strand.

[img]/uploads_thumbnails/NND1.JPG[/img] [img]/uploads_thumbnails/NND2.JPG[/img]

Ned Flanders

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Mon May 01, 2006 3:08 pm

As far as reviews go, this isn't too bad I guess.

Well, we've sold out an extended season & had them absolutely cacking themselves so one can't complain.

NOT NOW DARLING
ACTAD Theatre Group
Promethean Theatre

Review by Laraine Ball

How… do … you … like … your … comedy? This one was just like the little red engine from our childhood, I think I can… I think I can… I think I can.

The trouble begins when Gilbert Bodley of Bodley, Bodley and Crouch (exclusive London Furriers) decides to buy his girlfriend a mink coat so that she will become his mistress. Unfortunately, the lady is already married so now he must get his business partner to entice her husband Harry into thinking he has bought the coat for her at a fabulous discount price.

Eventually Harry is persuaded and he buys the coat, not for his wife however, but for his secretary Sue Lawson in payment for services rendered. But the wife will not be denied; she throws all her clothes out the window so they cannot take the coat off her.

The situation now escalates, Glibert’s wife Maud arrives home early from her holiday, both mistresses have nothing to wear and are hiding, other customers and various husbands keep popping in and out along with the receptionist Miss Tipdale who is trying to keep up with everything.

Glenn Vallen as Arnold Crouch is amazing, his facial expressions and body language are fantastic. Damien White is very adroit as Gilbert Bodley and Elizabeth Welling is marvellous as the levelheaded Miss Tipdale.

Directed by Grant Lucas, these three are the mainstays of this production, but it begins too slowly. There are far too many pauses between lines, the timing is off and the pace doesn’t build until well into the second act. Still the script is good and the pace will certainly improve by the end of the run.

Tess O’Flaherty as Janie McMichael plays the perfect pouting dazzling blonde, Keith Manson as her husband Harry McMichael is a splendid bully. John Matsen and Pat Vice as Mr and Mrs Frencham were gorgeous as the upper class customers they made the very most of their small scenes.

The set was lovely and works very well and the costumes by Vi Rowe and friends were spot on. Like the little red engine this one will continue to puff till it gets right over the hill.

Link: http://www.theatreguide.com.au/current_ ... wYear=2006

Ned Flanders

Mon May 01, 2006 3:08 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Fri May 19, 2006 2:07 am

And the third review.

[img]/uploads_thumbnails/not_now_darling.jpg[/img]

Next gig: Julius Caesar.

Ned Flanders

Fri May 19, 2006 2:07 am

Postby SKaVeN » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 pm

Okay, this is the next one coming up. Lots of killing & bashing & stuff...

[img]/uploads_thumbnails/Julius_Caesar_1.JPG[/img] [img]/uploads_thumbnails/Julius_Caesar_2.jpg[/img]

Last edited by SKaVeN on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Flanders

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 pm

Postby Argod » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 pm

see now thats what plays should be about, break a leg 8)

Itchy the Mouse

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 am

Argod wrote:
see now thats what plays should be about, break a leg 8)

Thank you, Args. I've completely skinned my left knee twice during the rehearsals & my right knee is still playing up from hurting it during Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead in the Fringe & my podiatrist told me yesterday that I have heel spurs so a broken leg may be next in line. :lol:

Ned Flanders

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 am

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:25 am

A copy of the programme for Julius Caesar.

[img]/uploads_thumbnails/Programme_1.JPG[/img] [img]/uploads_thumbnails/Programme_2.JPG[/img] [img]/uploads_thumbnails/Programme_3.JPG[/img] [img]/uploads_thumbnails/Programme_4.JPG[/img]

Ned Flanders

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:25 am

Postby atefooterz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am

aLL HaiL "WombatiKus " :P
chookas SKaVeN :D

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:52 am

Thanks, Footz (& Wombatikus)! :lol:

Ned Flanders

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:52 am

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:19 am

Well, we just had Opening Night & I'm very pleased to say that, as far as my experiences with Opening Nights go, it went really well.

A few regular theatre goers told us aftewards that they thought it was better than the State Theatre version some years back & that we might win the award for show of the year, which is a lovely thought but the problem with that is that they just had the awards a couple of weeks back so there'll be almost a whole year before the next ones & people probably would've forgotten all about it by then. :lol: Oh well, it's not about winning awards anyway, eh? :D

Ned Flanders

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:19 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next