AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 9 posts ] 
 Gliderol garage door problem:( 
Message Author

Postby christelvr69 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi guys,

I currently am a tenant in a NRAS unit. the unit has a Gliderol Glidermatic GTS automatic door fitted.

I have had many dramas with it operating, when I moved it in was totally dead, and they fixed it.

the service guy commented "these are a POS I don't know why they keep fitting these."

I am having problems with my remote operating the door, some days it works fine, other days it takes me 10 or 15 mins to open or close the door with the remote. I have changed the batteries, and I have hit the "learn" button on the overhead unit.

the main problem is there is no wall switch for the garage door, so I am stuck with a dodgy remote, or a dodgy remote receiver unit. I have contacted the realestate previously, and they have organised someone to come out fairly quickly. I am just annoyed with the fact that I have no back up switch to operate the door. there is a open and close little screw switches , but even with a screwdriver, I cant get it to operate the door. the door operates correctly and without a hitch, when it finally senses the remote.

just wondering if anyone has any info/troubleshooting ideas, before I email or ring the real estate.

thanks,

Kane

Monty Burns

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Postby HumphreyBBear » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Have you spoken to NRAS, or Gliderol?

Otto Man

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Postby christelvr69 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:51 am

Hi Humphrey,

Not yet, will email or ring them Monday; just wondering if anyone knew any ideas before I contact them. was thinking of contacting gliderol today, and just ask them for advice.

Monty Burns

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:51 am

Postby phunkyfeelone » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:17 pm

christelvr69 wrote:
Hi guys,

I currently am a tenant in a NRAS unit. the unit has a Gliderol Glidermatic GTS automatic door fitted.

I have had many dramas with it operating, when I moved it in was totally dead, and they fixed it.

the service guy commented "these are a POS I don't know why they keep fitting these."

I am having problems with my remote operating the door, some days it works fine, other days it takes me 10 or 15 mins to open or close the door with the remote. I have changed the batteries, and I have hit the "learn" button on the overhead unit.

the main problem is there is no wall switch for the garage door, so I am stuck with a dodgy remote, or a dodgy remote receiver unit. I have contacted the realestate previously, and they have organised someone to come out fairly quickly. I am just annoyed with the fact that I have no back up switch to operate the door. there is a open and close little screw switches , but even with a screwdriver, I cant get it to operate the door. the door operates correctly and without a hitch, when it finally senses the remote.

just wondering if anyone has any info/troubleshooting ideas, before I email or ring the real estate.

thanks,

Kane

Aside from the obvious (get the landlord to fix it), you can get spare remote from Bunnings ($59) and pair it yourself.
I don't have a Gliderol (I have a B&D), but i've programmed extra remotes for mine, I have a pin coded entry unit, have done the same for the neighbor and for an ex girlfriend's house. If it's not the remote itself, there may be an obstruction to the radio receiver, of the receiver is faulty.

Either way, you rent a house, they have to fix it - if you try to fix it, they have an argument that you did the damage. Leave it alone...

Martin Prince

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Postby christelvr69 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Phunky.

I do agree with what you have said. I can get the door to move if you press the "dn adj" button, it inches all the way down to close, so I know the motor itself is fine. the remote just works on and off, which isn't acceptable, would be ok if I had a switch on the wall; but I have no other way of closing it, aside from the manual pull close cord. I will email the real estate, this time I will ask if they can get someone from gliderol to contact me, might even be able to save them a call out.

the door unit isn't very old, units were only built in 2013, so we are only talking barely 3 years, and when I moved in over a year ago, the unit didn't work at all, someone from gliderol came out to fix it, I was at work, so never got the cause of the problem, sticker on the door says they should be serviced every year. Their are 8 units in my complex, mine is the only one with a dodgy automatic door:(. once again, thanks for the replies and I will let you know what happens.

btw was never going to attempt to fix it, was just wondering if it was a simple issue, it obviously isn't.

Monty Burns

Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:42 pm

christelvr69 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Phunky.

I do agree with what you have said. I can get the door to move if you press the "dn adj" button, it inches all the way down to close, so I know the motor itself is fine. the remote just works on and off, which isn't acceptable, would be ok if I had a switch on the wall; but I have no other way of closing it, aside from the manual pull close cord. I will email the real estate, this time I will ask if they can get someone from gliderol to contact me, might even be able to save them a call out.

the door unit isn't very old, units were only built in 2013, so we are only talking barely 3 years, and when I moved in over a year ago, the unit didn't work at all, someone from gliderol came out to fix it, I was at work, so never got the cause of the problem, sticker on the door says they should be serviced every year. Their are 8 units in my complex, mine is the only one with a dodgy automatic door:(. once again, thanks for the replies and I will let you know what happens.

btw was never going to attempt to fix it, was just wondering if it was a simple issue, it obviously isn't.

http://www.gliderol.com.au/resources/installation-user-resources/

Martin Prince

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Postby iamcheryl » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate, I'm not sure how to give you advice to exactly solve the issue cause I'm not a garage expert myself... Just last month i had my new garage doors installed by AllStyle Garage Doors - https://www.allstylegaragedoors.com.au/ It looks not too bad. If it works for you, maybe you could give them a ring and see if they can help?

Good luck to you!! :lol:

Maggie's Pacifier

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Postby christelvr69 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:48 am

Thanks for the reply:) the real estate has had the unit fixed. The remote was broken:) the unit is fairly crap , considering their isn’t a decent open and close button on he unit itself, from memory you need a screwdriver to operate the door from the unit, their is also no switch on the wall.

I now have a hot water service that keeps tripping, which set my safety switch off, plumber has came out twice, and said he will push for a new system ( $1200 ) . I also have a broken air con remote, which I have replaced with a universal unit.

The real estate really is a pain in the arse at times! I have left notes during inspections about these problems and they haven’t followed them up.

The joys of renting a NRAS property:)

Monty Burns

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:48 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 9 posts ]