AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 43 posts ] 
 Red heads in TV ads 
Message Author

Postby HIPPYD » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Colorbond

(as a side note, I noticed a mistake in this ad when I took this snapshot...there's some dude standing at the door :???: )

M 1920x1080 179

Judge Roy Snyder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Postby atefooterz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:44 am

In that $5 KFC tasters ad there are some great individual shots of that ranga!

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:44 am
Profile WWW

Postby phunkyfeelone » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 am

atefooterz wrote:

Always find Australians hypocritical when it comes to this nickname

It's apparently not OK to call Adam Goodes an ape, but it's fine to call red heads (including a former Prime Minister) a 'ranga' (orangutan).
Not aimed at you ate', but the likes of TV personalities, they all say they are anti-bullying, yet will regularly call everyone from kids to business and social leaders the EXACT same thing.

It proves they are reacting to popular opinion, rather than having a considered moral stance on an issue. :cofee:

Anyway, I have a red-head streak in my family (irish blood), fortunately I got the indo-dutch olive skin and height while my brothers got the shamrock side. Winner :ohyes:

Martin Prince

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 am

Postby atefooterz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:55 am

phunkyfeelone wrote:
atefooterz wrote:

It's apparently not OK to call Adam Goodes an ape, but it's fine to call red heads (including a former Prime Minister) a 'ranga' (orangutan).
Not aimed at you ate', but the likes of TV personalities, they all say they are anti-bullying, yet will regularly call everyone from kids to business and social leaders the EXACT same thing.

It proves they are reacting to popular opinion, rather than having a considered moral stance on an issue. :cofee:

Anyway, I have a red-head streak in my family (irish blood), fortunately I got the indo-dutch olive skin and height while my brothers got the shamrock side. Winner :ohyes:

I use the term bloodnut for blokes :!: :smoke: Depending on the woman Ranga or Ginge, said huskily coz it sounds rather pubic :chuckel: Being one of many males under 5`9" tall & being called short arse by many i do think there is a lot of HTFU needs to be done. With Goodes or anyone there is a huge difference between calling someone an ape or other derogatory terms, than ranga that in reality is a stand alone nickname rather than code for any primate inferance dissing of the person.

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:55 am
Profile WWW

Postby phunkyfeelone » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:05 pm

atefooterz wrote:
phunkyfeelone wrote:
atefooterz wrote:

I use the term bloodnut for blokes :!: :smoke: Depending on the woman Ranga or Ginge, said huskily coz it sounds rather pubic :chuckel: Being one of many males under 5`9" tall & being called short arse by many i do think there is a lot of HTFU needs to be done. With Goodes or anyone there is a huge difference between calling someone an ape or other derogatory terms, than ranga that in reality is a stand alone nickname rather than code for any primate inferance dissing of the person.

But it is, ranga is short for orangutan, because of the orange-red hair.
Goodes called an ape because of the prominant lips, black hair and other primate-like features.

I once went out with a red-haired girl who died her hair and shaved her carpet because she was teased for her hair color as a teenager, can't imagine she was the only one who was left scarred by the experience.

Either everyone needs to HTFU, or accept that associating any human with a primate can be offensive and should stop. Can't have both.

Martin Prince

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Postby atefooterz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm

^waaay to PC/ genX for me soz :shock:
Geraldine Turner Aussie prime red head in promotion for upcomming...
"The cast of THE BOX will reunite in Sydney next Thursday October 8 to watch the movie after 40 years - for more details like my Backdoor Cinema"

S 320x441 180

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Calling Adam Goodes and ape or Andrew Symonds a monkey is racial, calling someone with red hair a ranga isn't. That's the distinction.

Ned Flanders

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Postby HIPPYD » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:20 pm

I prefer the word 'rusty' :P

Judge Roy Snyder

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
Calling Adam Goodes and ape or Andrew Symonds a monkey is racial, calling someone with red hair a ranga isn't. That's the distinction.

Ranga is short for 'oRANGutan'. It's exactly the same thing.

Martin Prince

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Postby atefooterz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
SKaVeN wrote:

Ranga is short for 'oRANGutan'. It's exactly the same thing.

OK so if we just call them oranga it translates directly to person, or orang that is man, then all shpold be fine amongst those who suss out the origin of the word oRANGutan: the u tan being slang english for explaining the tan colour.
Being of my vintage when i am calling someone a tard it is way different to just calling them retarded. The first being an insult the second an explanation or excuse for something out of their control. If i call someone sight impared it means they are pissed as a lord, blind will be just not able to drive or get it up... or see shit if they have sunnies & a walking stick.

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 43 posts ]