AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 34 posts ] 
 Speeding in Australia 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:08 pm

You know something else that really peeves me? Not because it's one of the worst things people do but because of the amount of ever-increasing frequency it occurs.

When I'm on a busy road & I see a car in the other lane wanting to change into mine, where possible, I always let them in. It really shits me when the drive in & ignore me. It doesn't take much effort to offer a "thank you" wave. I ALWAYS acknowledge the other driver when s/he lets me in & when I let someone in who does wave, I always give a quick "you're welcome" wave in return.

When you let a complete stranger in front of you in a queue, you wouldn't expect them to just step in & ignore you so why should the situation be any different when you're in a car? We still living in a society & doesn't living in a society mean having some manors? Do people leave their manors at home when they get in the car?

I don't have much time for really selfish & self-centred people... :evil:

Ned Flanders

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Postby mr_walker* » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Do you mean "manners"? Manors are large houses and you don't often see them on the road. Yes, people usually leave their manors at home. :smile:

Carl Carlson

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 pm

mr_walker* wrote:
Do you mean "manners"? Manors are large houses and you don't often see them on the road. Yes, people usually leave their manors at home. :smile:

That'll learn me for being forced to watch the whole first two series of To the Manor Born last night. I facking hate that show! Now it's corrupted my mind...

Ned Flanders

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am

What i love about To the Manor Born, is it reminds me of growing up surrounded by Aussie & Brit types with those very same expectations & distain at those new money types . ( late 1960s to the mid 1970s ) conveyed by the show.

Events and parties meant that they had no choice but to cross paths either by neighbourhood proximity or shared interests . Even at my young age i learned very quickly about snarking & sniping, all under the pretence of "polite conversation" ...ahh gud tymes ! :yes:

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 34 posts ]