AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ] 
 You have been permanently banned from this board. 
Message Author

Postby excalibur1814a » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:49 am

So...

I've lurked for a long, LONG time. We're talking years. I haven't posted that much, but I did post my thoughts about covid in a covid thread. Nothing too harsh, sensible language and then, the very next day,

"You have been permanently banned from this board." - Spam.

Normally, I'd let it go, but i didn't actually say anything crazy, or something that billions wouldn't also state. Just seemed odd. Username: excalibur1814

Would be nice to know why someone thought that they'd ban me. Fair enough, rules are rules, but please post what I wrote for all to see.

Thanks.

P.s. I expect this username to be banned as well.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:49 am

Postby excalibur1814a » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am

P.s. If an explanation is provided that's sensible, a reason that I agree with, I'll donate $30.

If my account was erased because an admin didn't 'personally agree' with what I wrote (about covid), then... .

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am

Postby wolverine » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:14 pm

What was your original username? I personally don't remember banning anyone for COVID related reasons, could have been one of the other admins but I can't confirm unless I know your username so I can look it up in the logs.

Bans are issued routinely for spammers and sometimes innocent members are caught in the net (happens from time to time). There are tools we use that issue blanket bans on user, email and IP address to save us time. It could be that you are seeing the ban because the IP address you currently have allocated is on the ban list. Spam fight is an ongoing issue and we try and do the best we can most of the time.

PM-me your old username and what IP you are currently using (go to https://ipchicken.com/) and we'll look into it. There are no specific rules in place for COVID discussion bans other than we try and keep things on topic. There is a thread specifically for that but it hasn't been on fire.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=20748

You should donate if you feel these forums are of value to you, not for rewarding admin's satisfactory answers. It's never been about money, it's always been about celebrities.

Capo Bastone

Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ]