AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 10 posts ] 
 The Allan Jones/monckton debate 
Message Author

Postby tre30 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40

Did Mr K Rudd (or Krudd, or mr sheen) sign it?, did we sign away our sovereignty with no referendum, with no elector agreement, are we part of a new 'world government', these questions, Kevin Rudd has not answered. So who do we believe, who do we mistrust?

I for one will not bow to these so called NWO overlords - I suggest that every person who still has free will do the same.

... and oh yes I forgot its all about climate change, well - to be frankly honest, climate (I did study geography in high school and can read weather quite well, many a time my predictions are better than the 'experts') eb's and flows, it changes as years go by, sure we have altered the climate, but what this treaty proposes is oh so much worse, I'm not usually a political kind of upstart, but hey - I thought someone, even if just me - say something about it, because I think its important.

Anyway, my 2c - take it for what its worth - 2c :D

edit:
The actual Allan Jones interview - a lot more interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv56ZqeTls&NR=1

I hope you all have been informed.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Postby mr_walker* » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Right wing bullshit conspiracy theoery.

Carl Carlson

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Postby tre30 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm

mr_walker* wrote:
Right wing bullshit conspiracy theoery.

Until proven false or true, its neither, sorry.

I didn't say I believed it, just what I thought about it - if true.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Postby mr_walker* » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Nothing has been said about it because it is obviously a right wing beat up and not worth consideration, but blindly dismising it is just as bad as blindly accepting it as truth. I will hold back until I have researched it further and applied some critical thinking. :cool:

Carl Carlson

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Postby tre30 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm

mr_walker* wrote:
Nothing has been said about it because it is obviously a right wing beat up and not worth consideration, but blindly dismising it is just as bad as blindly accepting it as truth. I will hold back until I have researched it further and applied some critical thinking. :cool:

I'm in agreement with you, all I was trying to do raise the issue, because - if and only if - things have been signed without public consent then bodes ill for all, I was just doing some random searching then and there are quite a few conflicting facts to Monckton's climate statements from the past, so it seems its not above him to manufacture stories, however, until there is a definite public government statement about what real tangible agreements were signed and what those consisted of (the actual treaties made public) then its anybodies guess as to what they are.

oh and happy ny to all 'n all that, nice to see you still around mr walker.

Maggie's Pacifier

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Postby mr_walker* » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am

I agree with some of Monckton's views regarding climate change, but when he is quoted in the same breath as Alan Jones the alarm bells start to ring.

Carl Carlson

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am

Postby SKaVeN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 pm

:lol: Got about halfway through & heard nothing I haven't already heard about a dozen times before. The "World Government" or "New World Order" has been top of the conspiracy theorists hit parade since before Mr & Mrs General Public even knew what global warming was. The global warming debate has just given them a new platform to launch the same old paranoid bullshit they've always been pedalling, & making money & names for themselves selling the books, videos & doing the conspiracy theory talk circuits.

If you keep them talking long enough they'll all start going on about the "Shadow Government's UFO Policy" (which also includes time travel). Christopher Monckton believes in that too.

Christopher Monckton's one of the world's leaders in climate change denial & those guys will say just about anything to get people to share their beliefs. Working on people's fear is always the preferred & most effective process to do so.

It's up to you what you want to believe man, but it would appear that Monckton fits the crackpot conspiracy theorist persona like a glove. :cool:

Ned Flanders

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 pm

Postby modecko » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Not the 'World Government' and 'New World Order' right wing crap again. Just another one of the recycled memes they change around each month to make it appear as though they are new ideas, and they only really appeal to the hard core deniers in any case.

When the average person thinks about it for a second they realise what a load of utter nonsense this is, and the ironic thing is that a real global scam and world order is going on right under their noses by big business and massively paid executives, who have just been given untold billions of taxpayers money in bailouts, far more than any ETS or carbon mitigation will cost, much of which has disappeared and these same people who so stuffed up the world have rewarded themselves with executive pay increases on the back of the taxpayer monies given to them.

Where is Alan Jone's outrage and protest over this, nowhere of course because it's apparently the free market at work and this is not wasting taxpayer's money as it's going to a worthy cause, the rich.

Judge Roy Snyder

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Postby rootedagain » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Allan Jones is a tool.

Selma Bouvier

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Postby gregorius » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:45 pm

odd how only few weeks ago we were concerned by rudds decision to filter internet.

there is a close approximation here you know.

those that go about jones/monkton being nothing more than part of the old order of ugly capitalism are probably right but equally those that carry on about the new world order global warming con are also right.

essentially you've gotta be outright sceptical of 'socially concerned' governments and big business capitalism, unless you happen to be one of these fuckers! simple.

Carl Carlson

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 10 posts ]