AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 31 posts ] 
 Imigration Debate - Asylum Seekers 
Message Author

Postby modecko » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Stone didn't have a single fact right and is just dog whistling. Sales creamed her.

The real facts in stone cold figures that can't be dog whistled.

Push vs. Pull – Asylum Seeker Numbers and Statistics

I wrote to Charmane Stone giving her the above facts and asked if she could come up with proof the current reason are pull rather than push. No surprise she has ignored every email and the letter.

Judge Roy Snyder

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Postby gregorius » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:51 am

Push/pull to be honest I'm not in one camp or the other over why we have these arrivals on our doorstep.

Fact is we've got lots of them pushing and pulling modecko and what is not right about it is that they simply demand to come and by by/passing the legal route. Australia is a generous country toward those seeking protection and better climates with which to make a life, but we have the right to take others in on our terms surely and not just be railroaded through emotional blackmail.

By all means if australia wants to review our policy and our uptake of economically disadvataged 'refugees' do so, but how generous do we have to be before we demand an expectation of less inter/cultural & racial genocide on the part of other nation like sri lanka or african nations.

There is a predicted or rather an ascertained 500 million worldwide amount of these people.

And actually the Howard government era saw australia thru its highest intake of immigration contrary to all the 'no more immigration' catchcry's that one sees from the conservatives [200,000 and more when you consider australia is such an easy country to get into, there are many more unseen that have entered in various ways and means over the decades "maybe in the millions", lets be honest].

Ultimately I probably think it better if australia mainly allocates immigration for the real needy immigrant not just the economic migrant as these have a tendency not to just want to make australia their homeland for only the good times, like many more well off professional business migrants.

But then again those that are the real refugee rarely have the money or contacts with which to bribe others into taking them into foreign countries?

ticky fullerton showing off bit of breast tonight heh!

Carl Carlson

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:51 am

Postby modecko » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 pm

You certainly have it wrong, but that is not surprising with all the bull and demonisation that goes on about asylum seekers.

Name one boat person who has ever done bad things in Australia, yet there are dozens like Dr Victor Chan who have become not just upstanding citizens but great contributors to this nation. On the other hand there are criminal gangs and some of our worst criminals who have come here through the normal migration route. Along with the fact that a large proportion of the real illegal immigrants don't come in leaky boats through hard tortuous routes but fly in, some even by business class.

Far more asylum seekers who have come by boat have been accepted as legitimate and given citizenship than those who have flown into this country and been found out.

Now I am seeing more and more the furphy of the economic refugee to demonise them when UNHCR figures directly show a correlation to an increase in any one ethnic group who become asylum seekers and increased strife and oppression in their homelands. http://www.unhcr.org/4adebca49.html

Anyway I have taken this thread off topic once too often so will leave this alone here, but I only raise these things because of your habit of having snide political remarks in some non-political threads. Me bad so should learn to leave well enough alone.

Judge Roy Snyder

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Postby Macc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Can a mod please split the asylum seeker discussion off to General Chat so we can get back to discussing the lovely Leigh?

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Postby gregorius » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:38 pm

look modecko hav ta say wilson tuckey's comments while typically a little "alarmist" and xenophobic are not without relevance.

But generally think australia's immigration policy should mainly be from refugee populations. But not by being blackmailed emotionally via these. [Apart from this the abc network is full of highly paid inner city gentrified liberal left-wing cronies which is largely the makeup of modern labor too.that is lots upper middleclass over-emancipated spoilt witch's].

What more can one say.

check out my caps of qanita phillips [hot bitch]

Carl Carlson

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 pm

There are requests to remove the chit chat above from this thread.
There are also many who complain at censorship & no banter being allowed/ encoraged ..and the sterility of Ozzi C !

Please Vote - voice your thoughts here ( TBA in General Section very soon )

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Macc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 pm

I have no problem with banter about immigration and asylum seekers, but this isn't the place for it. Move it to General Chat.

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Off Topic Chat moved From Leigh Sales Thread
LINKhttp://forums.auscelebs.net/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=14085&start=45

Starter Post

gregorius wrote:
leigh jousting with Dr. sharmane stone opposition spokesman for immigration.

stonecold won. -with some very valid points too I may add. Image

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm
Profile WWW

Postby gregorius » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 am

points she most likely got from me! knowing the way the conservatives and everyone else prowls round after me looking for ideas.

Carl Carlson

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 am

Postby Reb » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm

This is bullshit .
Give 'em a work visa and get them out paying tax .

If they're worried about so called terrorist getting in ,
get them to report to the cop shop once a week .

So much for your Rudd's compassion .

If he wants them not to leave said country ,
then talk to their leaders .

Mary Bailey

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 31 posts ]