AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 6 posts ] 
 Twitter 
Message Author

Postby djmenow » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

So who here uses it? I have just started to. Early opinion is good.

Is it the next big thing after Facebook?

Ned Flanders

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Postby xlr8 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Twitter is ideal for the people who update their Facebook status 10 times a day. For those people who change their Facebook status to something and then maybe decide to change it a week later, not so much.
Personally I'm in the latter group as I'm generally too busy actually DOING the things I would be typing about, rather than wasting time typing into Twitter to tell people that I'm doing it :lol:

Snowball

Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Postby DimpLes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:56 pm

not so with twitter...

have heard of it but don't have any account on it..

i'm to busy for my facebook that i don't have time to have twitter account..

anyway it's still the same with Facebook..

a networking sites..

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Maggie's Pacifier

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Postby atefooterz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 am

The hilarious part is that some of the worlds busiest folks actually have time to tweet while making money/ magic or mayhem.

3G phones allow portable bragging rites ...anywhere ...anytime....anyreason :smoke:

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 am
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account. I may be unusual but I just do not feel a need to get updates about what various celebrities had for breakfast today, their insightful ideas on how top cure child poverty or whether or not they liked what Michelle Obama wore today. Nor do I think someone I know virtually nothing about in Uzbekistan, Liechtenstein could be all that interested in what my favourite colour is or if I like brussel sprouts.

I'm sure there's some interesting people who use twitter or Facebook but I'm betting (like YouTube) 90% of them are people who see it as a device to finally have some people (i.e. mostly complete strangers) listen to their endless tedious drivel.

The thing that bugs me about it all, even though I don't have Twitter or Facebook, is that I do have a YouTube channel & have for some times which used to be okay... but ten along came Facebook... Now I'm thinking about shutting it down because I'm sick of all the non-stop & tiresome friend invites & sub4sub requests from people I've never even had any prior communication who just want to add as many YouTube channels to their friends & subscribers list which seems to give them an enormous sense of accomplishment. Then they get all pissy when I don't subscribe back because they don't have anything I want to see (some of them don't even have any videos at all) so they can spam me with all their endless & mindless shite. The whole point is to upload & watch videos; it's not Facebook. Go away! Image

Ned Flanders

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Postby atefooterz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Quote:
RT @JohnCleese If you can read this, please tweet "brown cheese is the best cheese

Some take delight in setting things in motion, then being amazed at how many do what they are told- suggested to do :P

Just be honest Skavo ..there is noo way you could keep your thoughts down to just 140 characters & by not havingthe quote quote feature, would have a nasty time keeping track of it all. :chuckel:

Then again like many you may choose to wordsmith among like minded types

:arrow: http://twitter.com/IAM_SHAKESPEARE

During the Election boredom stage many began reportage via Haiku . #electionhaiku

You would be amazed at the non celeb Journos & Pollys plus actor types who frequent twitter joined in this fray ...

:arrow: http://twitter.com/#search?q=.%20%23electionhaiku

If feed is unavailable then sometimes before lunch you can get the 40 odd pages of myrth , but when the Northern Hemisphre wakes up congestion stops old searches,
as twitter is really about the now ( or at least the last 24 hours )

Someone with a rather dry sence of humour :arrow: http://twitter.com/TheCasualDuck

Quote:
Oh and Sophie Monk "acting". Gonna get me a gun

The Chaser Guys are always fun to follow

Quote:
@andrewjhansen

I hope Turnbull's right and the NBN is just a repeat of the school halls program. I could use a small shaded play area built over my PC

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 6 posts ]