View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:32 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Celebrities We Hate, and Why. 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm

You know what really bugged me most?

The Oscars after 9/11. I remember seeing all the newspapers & even some media reports on the tellybox saying that they don't expect the US to let any of the major acting awards go overseas. The problem was, not all the best talents were American.

So what did they do? They found a way to keep those awards in the country in a way that no one would dare question. How? They patronised a minority group; the African Americans.

Don't get me wrong. Denzel Washington was fucking great in "Training Day" but was he as good as Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"? I don't think so. Yes, Rusty's a much bigger tool then Denzel & he did get in a scrap at the BAFTAs but what has any of that got to do with it? Why not just call it the Popularity Awards & be done with it?

And WTF was that tripe about giving it to Halle Berry over Judy Dench? Were they JOKING? And OMG how painful was that overacted acceptance speech she gave us? And darling, when people cry real tears their eyes are puffy & they have snot coming out of their nose. They don't just have as single perfect streams coming out each eye.

And inducting Sidney Poitier only surprised me for one reason. You mean that hadn't done that already?!!! Why did it take them so long to get around to it? Hmmmmm...

Ned Flanders

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Postby cj. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

yeah, melissa doyle sucks! LOL

But I am still addicted to sunrise ... I have a girl crush on Nat. Not a sexual one, one of those 'hang out with and talk about low red meat diets' :-) ... and Larry is funny, much better than koshie, I hope he gets drunk again soon and films a show.

Admin

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Postby bullwinkle » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am

To kick start this thread off again, I need to get something off my chest. I fucking hate, with a passion that sometimes scares me, Bert Newton. His atttempts at entertainment on 20 to 1 are just plain embarrassing.The man is 70, tries to look like he's 50 and still tries jokes he was using when he was 30. Ferchrissakes, get rid of the wig and botox, and just retire. And take your annoying wife, vacuuous daughter and scum of the earth, woman beating son with you. The longer you hang around, the more you destroy your legacy from the 'good old days'.

Jimbo Jones

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am

Postby djmenow » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am

^^^So I take it you dont like the Newtons :chuckel: :lol:

Ned Flanders

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:58 pm

I totally agree, Winky. Bert was only ever a second banana; first to Graham then to Don. Making him the star of anything is just wrong in my view. He's just so fake (& I'm not just talking about the toupee & all the Botox). I don't even find him particularly funny, I think he's just sad. Those promos he does for that 20 to 1 crap on the tellybox where he dresses up as a woman or a baby or whatever make you feel embarrassed for him because he's clearly unaware that people are laughing "at" him...

Exactly how many Matthew Newtons are there in the industry? There seems to be quite a lot of them, doesn't there? For a drop-out from NIDA he certainly seems to be getting well looked after. It must be nice to have a father with so many affluent friends...

Ned Flanders

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Postby atefooterz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 pm

I do not hate Dick Smith or agree with everything ..but i do agree on his stance about infrastructure & agriculture plus energy use Versus willy nilly new borns & more imigrants.
Many of the under 21`s i know are stupidly & selfishly in many ways single mums ..or about to be.
Most of our cities are vunerable for water supply & the projected expansion rates and requirements are about 4:1 when it comes to endless debate then newly elected Pollies and the process is further delayed by reviews an further committies investigating needs .

Quite interesting are the passionate responses in this latest presser ...

Quote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 800081.htm
Print Email Share Add to My Stories Comments (148)
Future Australians could face starvation: Dick Smith

Posted 7 hours 10 minutes ago
Updated 2 hours 53 minutes ago
Dick Smith speaks to the media

Dire warning: Dick Smith (AAP: Paul Miller, file photo)

* Video: Curb population, or starve: Dick Smith (ABC News)
* Video: Healthcare reform needed: Roxon (ABC News)
* Related Story: The population debate: can Australia handle it?
* Related Story: Rudd warns of massive hikes in health costs
* Related Story: Australia faces famine, expert warns

High-profile businessman Dick Smith has used the run-in to Australia Day to argue that Australia must curb its population growth, saying the country could run out of food if it has too many mouths to feed.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has said that he supports a "big Australia" and there are forecasts the population will reach 36 million people by 2050.

But Mr Smith says there is not enough food and water to go around.

He says Australia should cut its skilled migrant intake and encourage people to have fewer children.

"Our politicians are completely letting the Australian public down," he said.

"Nine out of 10 Aussies don't want 40 million people here, but there's no discussion, there's no debate.

"There has to be. Because what's the use of bringing kids in this world, who even in a modern Western country could starve to death? And that's what could happen."

Sustainability experts agree there is an urgent need for a debate in this country, predicting water, power and other infrastructure problems if Australia's energy-guzzling lifestyle doesn't change.

Professor Mike Young from the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Adelaide has told The 7.30 Report our 'water-affluent' lifestyle will simply have to go.

"Water - or lack of it - is going to determine the fate of some of our cities."

With regards to Australia's power use, Tony Vassallo from the Institute of Sustainable Solutions says 10 kilograms of coal are burnt for every household in Australia, every day.

"It's time that we start to change now how we use electricity", he said.

"And we're going to do it much more intelligently in the next few years".

- A week-long series on our ever-growing Australian population: problems, potential solutions, and the need for change, begins tonight on the 7:30 Report.

Santa's Little Helper

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

Postby bullwinkle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Interesting that the King of Spin, one K Rudd, has now backed away from the "Big Australia" vision he had just a few short months ago.

Jimbo Jones

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Postby crashdown » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 pm

bullwinkle wrote:
Interesting that the King of Spin, one K Rudd, has now backed away from the "Big Australia" vision he had just a few short months ago.

He hasn't so much backed away as gone from being all for it to not having an opinion. Flood gates still open though aren't they Kev? The guy makes my skin crawl!

Disco Stu

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Postby modecko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm

crashdown wrote:
The guy makes my skin crawl!

Then Howard must have really made your skin crawl and Abbott even more so.

Judge Roy Snyder

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Postby djmenow » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Didnt realise the pollies are celebrities. Take the pollie talk to the right thread please :cofee:

Ned Flanders

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next