Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Project djmenow 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:46 pm

During lunch break?

Ned Flanders

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:36 pm

For the past week I have been battling Acute Tosillitis (was tested today for Glandular Fever), I have a severe chest infection and ear infection. I havent slept really at all for the past 3 nights, I cant swallow without crying out in pain, I cant really eat resulting me losing 3 kgs in 3 days.

I am on 2 antibiotics, amongst other things. I have absolutely no energy, no motivation, Nothing I take does anything to make me feel better.

I want to lose weight but this is certainly not the way I want to lose it.
:(

Ned Flanders

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Postby djmenow » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Well it is confirmed. I have Glandular Fever :(

Anyone else suffered this?

I spoke to my boss at my work (I have only been there less than 3 months) as I have been off work all week. It looks like I could be off for at least another week or 2 or until I fully recover. He fully understands and has said take off as much time as I need and dont worry about my job oy money situation. It will all be sorted out as he really doesnt want to lose me.

God I feel like shit.

Ned Flanders

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Postby djmenow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

I am feeling about 80% atm. So frekin exhausted though.

Looking at going back to work next week and easing myself back in otherwise this fever can come roaring back.

Well since I started my job nearly 3 months ago, I started at around 108/109 kgs and with the hard work and illness I am today 101kgs so a loss in the last 3 months of around 8kgs.

I want to crack the 100kg mark so when I go back to work I hopefully will be able to get there.

Ned Flanders

Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:08 pm

The thing about protracted viral illness that you'' notice is quite possibly some weight loss, but don't get too excited about it because, as you recover, the weight will return. This is not a bad thing. It's just means your body's getting better so don't be disheartened by it.

A couple of other thoughts I had rolling around in my head:

The first few kilos come off easy but then it seems to stop, even though you're still watching what you're eating & exercising. If you go & ask a gym instructor all they'll do is say that you must be eating something you shouldn't or that you're not exercising enough. They're trained to believe that if someone is exercising & eating properly they HAVE TO lose weight & they'll tell you that until they finally get you to admit eating a chicken fillet burger about a fortnight ago & then tell you you can't lose weight if you eat like that & make you feel like it's all YOUR fault.

The reality is, when your body gets used to being of a certain weight, & once it starts getting under that & figures out you're trying to get rid of more it fights against you. It'll try even harder to extract & store every calorie you consume. You may even notice that you spend less "quality time" on the toilet. This is a critical time & your body will give you & long & hard batter but it'll eventually have to concede. It's during this time that a lot of people give up. They are exercising & eating well & not losing weight & the gym instructors just say it's their fault for eating a lousy chicken fillet burger. It's a war of attrition that you have to stick with until you win new ground but it's a critical time so don't give in fall off the wagon.

A few other points:

Don't eat well & exercise purely to lose weight. Do it because you want to do it & that you enjoy it. Then you're less likely to pack it in if it's not working, or pack it in once you're lost the weight & end up putting it all back on again.

Never make you ideal weight your goal weight! Don't even think about it! Don't even use scales that remind you what your ideal weight should be! Just set up a goal to lose five kilos & when you achieve it be PROUD of yourself & set a goal for another five.

NEVER weigh yourself every week! Throw out the bathroom scales! Weight loss doesn't happen that way so only weigh yourself once a month.

Ned Flanders

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Health is finally back in order. Diet is still normal now and I am still 101kg so that is a good sign.

Ned Flanders

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Postby djmenow » Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Update: Well I am now down to around 99-100kg so I am still going strong. Job is really helping not sitting behind a desk all day like I used to. Physical work all day every day resulting in muscles appearing. Back not as stiff (well back does play up quite a bit but not as much).

Diet is better, not eating as much shit as I used to.

So I have lost around 10kgs since I started to look at losing weight.

Ned Flanders

Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Postby djmenow » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Now down to between 98-99kgs.

I feel much better about my body (especially the top half which is really toning and building muscle up) but the family genes mean the small spare tyre is there and seems to go no where. Being 34 years old I know it is harder to lose the extra fat but I would love to get rid of the small gut I have.

Ned Flanders

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Postby djmenow » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Havent updated for a while so here is my progress.

I am still around 98kgs so a loss in the past 12 months of around 10kgs.

Eating much better.

Doing alot of lifting at work as everything is around 5-60kgs. Had to lift by myself last week 200 x 52kg items in a few hours. Man I was stuffed after but my back held up and I feel much stronger. Muscles have started to show around my shoulders and arms. More shape to my top half.

I am starting to like parts of my physique.

So this job seems to be helping me physically. I would say muscles has replaced fat resulting in maintaing weight and not losing much for the last 6 months.

Ned Flanders

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Postby bullwinkle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

Good on ya, dj. Sounds like you have things under control.

For various reasons, I have put on a few pounds this year, so am aiming to get rid of them by the time footy season comes around again.

Jimbo Jones

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next