AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 48 posts ] 
 Fremantle Dockers 
Message Author

Postby locky1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

well hes just been sacked from the NAFC well not quite right his contract has not been renewed so I guess there is now a chance

Ned Flanders

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Postby djmenow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah there are a few people that have been mentioned about the Dockers asst jobs are Jarman, Sumich, Cameron etc etc.

How is/was Jarman as a coach? Is he a long term prospect?

Also Warnock is heading back to Vic. Lets see who we get for him.

Ned Flanders

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm

I'll leave Monster to answer that. He & Jars are both Roosters from way back. :)

Ned Flanders

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Postby tablecalm » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

djmenow wrote:
Yeah there are a few people that have been mentioned about the Dockers asst jobs are Jarman, Sumich, Cameron etc etc.

How is/was Jarman as a coach? Is he a long term prospect?

Also Warnock is heading back to Vic. Lets see who we get for him.

He wil go to melbourne and you probably will get nothing for him because anything you ask melbourne for they will say no and because he is out of contract he will go to the pre season draft where melbourne have first pick and away they go. Melbourne will not give away any draft picks because they are rebuilding and they have no senior players that come from perth or they want to get rid of.

Ralph Wiggum

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:13 am

Why would Melb give up on recruiting the best draft players in this seasons draft for Warnock. They would be stupid to not pick Watts as their 1st pick. It is the best draft in years.

Ned Flanders

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:13 am

Postby djmenow » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am

Plus the Dockers will no doubt look at teams with a later 1st round pick that want him ala Carlton so they can get something for him. So the demons need to trade up to guarantee him otherwise the Dockers will trade him elsewhere.

Ned Flanders

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am

Postby tablecalm » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 pm

djmenow wrote:
Why would Melb give up on recruiting the best draft players in this seasons draft for Warnock. They would be stupid to not pick Watts as their 1st pick. It is the best draft in years.

Who said melbourne would give up their top draft picks?
Plus fremantle wont be able to trade warnock because warnock will just keep saying no to all offers for a trade and go in the pre season draft which is different to the national draft. Haven't you ever heard of the pre season draft it's the one after the main draft where all the guys that get delisted nominate for like yze and jeff white will.

Ralph Wiggum

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Yes I am fully aware of the draft.

Warnock will get traded trust me. It is out of Melb and Carlton.

As I have heard since the Demons have Connolly and Schwab they will look after their previous interests at the Dockers while looking after the best interests of the Demons if they decide to go the Demons way. Warnock has apparently expressed a desire to go to the Blues (not in below article).

In all honesty I would rather trade for a player like Seaby from the Eagles as we are short of ruckmen. So Warnock to the Demons for a 2nd round pick (or 1st round late pick) to the Eagles for Seaby to the Dockers.

Warnock has not shown his potential yet. He would need a bit of guidance as he is not ready to lead any teams ruck just yet. Who knows what the team he gets traded to will do with him. He may become a fizzer. He needs more meat on his bones.

It wont happen but Seaby has become disillutioned at the Eagles and his form showed. He and Sandilands would be a force me thinks.

Quote:
'Warnock won't come cheap': Dockers

September 11, 2008 The Fremantle Dockers have warned rival AFL clubs that Robert Warnock will not come cheap as the trade war hots up for the talented ruckman.

Warnock advised Fremantle that he will be returning home to Victoria, with Melbourne and Carlton in hot pursuit of the 21-year-old and Richmond also believed to be in the hunt.

But football operations manager Chris Bond fired a warning shot to potential suitors, saying the Dockers would draw a “line in the sand” with how they negotiated with other clubs.

The task of getting a good deal for Warnock will be a delicate balancing act for Fremantle, who run the risk of losing the uncontracted Victorian for nothing via the pre-season draft should a trade not be agreed upon.

Melbourne, who won just three games this season, have first pick in the pre-season draft.

“There needs to be a line in the sand ... what happens is really important for the Fremantle Football Club going forward,” Bond told radio 6PR.

“We will still decide what is best for the football club, and I know there is a threat of losing Robbie for nothing.

“I am very conscious of the fact that we will make a stand, and we believed Robbie was a very important part of our future.

“We have discussed whether we feel everything that could have been done was to keep Robbie, and we have absolutely no doubt (it was).

“The club has gone beyond the call with everything they could for Robbie, and I think he realises that.”

Bond said the Dockers were open to the prospect of a complex trade involving multiple clubs.

“To think you are just going to be dealing with one club when you are dealing with someone in demand like Robbie is probably naive,” Bond said.

Warnock is yet to make his intentions clear about which club he would like to be traded to.

His brother, Matthew, plays for Melbourne, while his former coach Chris Connolly is now football operations manager at the Demons.

But the prospect of linking up with emerging ruckman Matthew Kreuzer at Carlton to spoon feed the likes of Chris Judd, Nick Stevens, Bryce Gibbs and Marc Murphy is also a tantalising prospect for Warnock.

Carlton football operations manager Steven Icke will hold an urgent meeting with Warnock's manager Colin Young in Perth this weekend.

Bond admitted Warnock's departure was a bitter blow for the Dockers, who are also facing a battle to re-sign talented Victorian David Mundy.

“Robbie is a hiccup in that because we wanted to build this list around Robbie,” Bond said.

Ned Flanders

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Postby djmenow » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 pm

To think I thought we would be better this season. Not a good sign this earely on in the season. Got the talent, just havent got the run. Argh.....we suck atm.

Ned Flanders

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby djmenow » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Really bad conditions tonight. Injuries are killing us with now Tarrant down with a leg injury. Yes Freo suck atm but tonights umpiring had to be some of the worst umpiring seen at an AFL game. The umpires need to be seriously dropped after their lame performance.

So we dont have currently

Pavlich
Sandilands
Palmer
Hayden
Johnson
Schammer
Tarrant
Headland
Mayne
Foster

Some of the young guns are doing well but there is no centreline or forward line performers.

DeBoer, Broughton, Haselby are doing well but there is not much else.

We once again need some sort of saviour in the draft/trading period. I would kill for a Seaby in the ruck right now.

Ned Flanders

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 48 posts ]