Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Spideyballbag wrote:
Holy Jesus I am slow,, Neil Craig has just quit immediately :shock:

Yup, just happened.

Ned Flanders

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Postby djmenow » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 pm

There will be the normal applicants, Peter Sumich, Scott Burns, Scott Watters. Will a coach out of contract Alastair Clarkson be interested knowing he and Jeff Kennett never get along @ Hawthorn.

Ned Flanders

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 pm

For some reason I cannot rid myself of this deep foreboding feeling that the AFC will appoint Rodney Eade as their new coach. Adelaide seem to have this great fondness of appointing mediocre coaches. I can already see it:

Year #1: We go up two or three places & every one says, "Yah, we finally have a good coach."

Year #2: We go up a couple more places & everyone says, "At this rate, in a couple more years, we could be in a Grand Final!"

Years #3, #4 & #5: We finish 8th-10th & everyone says, "We're in a rebuilding stage. We've got a lot of younger players that just need a couple more years experience."

Year #6: Coach gets sacked & we appoint another mediocre one & start back at Year #1 again...

This has been going on for so many years it's becoming something of a tradition. I sometimes wonder why we even bother having an AFC. Unless there's a point in having an enterprise that seems to be designed to erode us of our dignity on a national level...

Ned Flanders

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Postby Spideyballbag » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Its Fair to say just about all or all the coaches have left on bad terms, but to leave before the end of the season, you know something is seriously wrong.

Carl Carlson

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Postby locky1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Heres one from left field that no-one has even mentioned to coach and i reckon he will be right in the mix "Mark Mickan"

Ned Flanders

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Postby locky1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
I can already see it:

Year #1: We go up two or three places & every one says, "Yah, we finally have a good coach."

Year #2: We go up a couple more places & everyone says, "At this rate, in a couple more years, we could be in a Grand Final!"

Years #3, #4 & #5: We finish 8th-10th & everyone says, "We're in a rebuilding stage. We've got a lot of younger players that just need a couple more years experience."

Year #6: Coach gets sacked & we appoint another mediocre one & start back at Year #1 again...

This has been going on for so many years it's becoming something of a tradition. I sometimes wonder why we even bother having an AFC. Unless there's a point in having an enterprise that seems to be designed to erode us of our dignity on a national level...

And that wont change with the xurrent board and the CEO, needs to be an almighty flush to Bolivar with alot of them, some players included :hug:

Ned Flanders

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:04 pm

locky1 wrote:
SKaVeN wrote:
I can already see it:

And that wont change with the xurrent board and the CEO, needs to be an almighty flush to Bolivar with alot of them, some players included :hug:

Yep... I'd like to see someone do the Mal Brown thing when he shook the pillars of hell when he lambasted Richmond on the Sunday Morning Football Show in the '90s (back when it used to be good & people actually watched it).

It's a shame to see one of the league's newest & enterprising young clubs already become one of it's most short-sighted, traditional clubs hung up on it's own fuct up precedents & conventions. Bloody inexcusably pathetic actually...

Spidey's "moving along but still seeing no light at the end of the tunnel" was as good a metaphor to describe the situation as any. Or we could just say, "here's to another ear of misery & humiliation". I wonder how much longer Toyota will stick it out...

Ned Flanders

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Well, well, well, the Crows win in Brisbane. Who would've believed that were possible if asked a few weeks ago? Amazing what a difference getting rid of one bad element can make, isn't it? They would've lost it soon as Brisbane started getting that run late in the second term (like they always did) if Craig was still coaching.

Imagine what they could do if they get a really good coach (i.e. pleeease not Rodney Eade)... :no:

Ned Flanders

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Postby Spideyballbag » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Certainly proud of them, so we beat the 2 bottom sides, but putting up such a crack against a top quality side like Geelong and only losing by 11 points is whats football is all about.

Carl Carlson

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

It certainly helps to silence all the people who kept making up excuses for Craig & saying it wasn't his fault the last few years. Just think what more could be achieved if they actually do get a really good coach...

Ned Flanders

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next