AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next
 Project Bluey and Pyscrow 
Message Author

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:23 am

I hope this is an appropriate subject. My problem is weight. I am 108 kg and want my first goal to be 85 kg. I am 174cm in height yes I am an obese person. For most of my life I have been around 80-85 kg. It has only been in the last 5years I have expanded to 108 kg. The reason being is I have a medical condition and the medicines I have to take makes me feel twice as hungry. The doctor told me this is one of the side affects. It also makes me feel lethargic with no get up and go. I have to force myself even to go outside. So when this new Forum was made I thought I could use it as an incentive to lose the weight I want, with a bit of guidance and encouragement from others in this thread. Any tips from the members would be greatly appreciated EG: How long should I set myself to lose 23 kg. I do know a fair bit about the diet side of things, I just don’t stick to it. I do have an exercise bike but never use it. My plan is to put up weekly reports in this thread to give myself a bit more incentive to stick to a proper diet/routine. And maybe some encouragement from a couple of members. So that is my story. Any advice as to how I should get started on “Project Bluey” would be greatly appreciated.
Your Fat Mate
Bluey
PS: If this thread is not appropriate by all means delete it.
PSS: I am 30 something years old.
PSSS: Have been off the grog for 14 weeks now.

Last edited by Bluey on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:23 am

Postby Nat_ » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:58 am

Bluey, for starters mate, don't call yourself fat. You need to push yourself but not degrade yourself. Getting off the grog is a good step and I wish I could do the same. Stress makes you eat and you are a stress head!! Relax!! :)

Get on that bike mate. Put a movie on and ride for a couple of 20 minute intervals a day. You need to set a food plan for everyday and stick to it.
What do you guys think about weight watchers??
Nat

Elizabeth Hoover

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:58 am

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Natboy. About weight watchers I think they are a waste of time and money. The only way to lose weight properly is just to eat right and exercise daily. You don’t have to be Einstein to work that out. Although on the other side people might go there if they are lonely to meet new people and to try and get some sort of motivation. Just like I have done in this thread.

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:28 pm

Postby Pyscrow » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:10 pm

Well Bluey, I can be your partner in crime here, I have just had news from the Doc that I might have heart problems, and a lung condition that might not go away (I thought my asthma was getting worse). I weigh 110kg, and was 180cm tall before my knee reconstructions (dont wanna know how much losing all the carrilidge shrunk me), 41 years young!.

I have this weekend started my program to lose weight. I lost 25kg about 15 years ago, when I first did my knees, I had put on 20 kilos in two years after giving up football. I was able to drop the weight in about 6 months, or roughly 1kg a week. I did this by lowering my food intake and gentle exercise (walking), coz of the knees.

Since then the weight has gradually gone back up a kilo or two a year, until my present 110kg. I am going to try the same diet and exercise routine and see how I go. Basically I ate Sultana bran with skim milk breakfast and dinner, with a lean meat (chicken breast, lean corn meat, low fat ham) and salad lunch. Every sunday I would treat myself to a roast dinner, usually chicken dry cooked on a rack, and I would only eat the breast meat and roast pumpkin and onions and beans. If I ever got really hungry or dpressed I would have a mini breakout (IE not a normal meal, an extra one) and have a bowl of sultana bran with full fat milk- doesn't sound like much, but it is heaven after eating it with skim for months! If it got really bad I would have a bowl of cherios with tomato sauce, my one real weakness! but after I had eaten it I was straight back on the diet, without worry about the guilts!

To kill the hunger pains I drink copious quantities of unsweetened black tea, it works a treat for me (to a point anyway).

Well whatya reckon Bluey - are you in it for the long haul with me? In six months we will be hopefully 2 - 3 stone lighter, fitter and healthier!

Monty Burns

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Sounds fantastic to me Pyscrow, I’ll be in it for sure. It is a lot better if you got a partner (so to speak). I will start on mine Monday the 4th of April. I also have a diet plan I use a long time ago. The only thing I don’t like about my diet is the skim milk tastes like bloody water to me. It includes pasta with vegetable sauce, fruit, vegies, fish and so on. What will our target be as we are both about the same age, weight size. How often do we put in our reports about what weight we have lost every 1 or 2 weeks? We can still post in between tho. What goal are we setting I want to be at least 85 kg so that’s 28kg I want to lose then see how I go from there. What time frame are we looking at? I can PM you a picture just to show if we are lying or not (I would cut me ugly head off in the picture) it would be like b4 and after shots. Have just weighed in at hang on……….yes 108kg just weighed myself again. I am so exited will wait for your reply.
Your partner in crime..
Bluey
:) :) :)

PS: Do you want me to change the thread name to “Project Bluey and Pyscrow” ?

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Postby Xzibit. » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:38 pm

Bluey wrote:
About weight watchers I think they are a waste of time and money. The only way to lose weight properly is just to eat right and exercise daily. You don’t have to be Einstein to work that out. Although on the other side people might go there if they are lonely to meet new people and to try and get some sort of motivation. Just like I have done in this thread.

Wight Watchers isnt all a waste of money. Like you said, it doesnt take a genious to figure out to loose wight you need to exercise and eat right. Well Weight watchers just makes the eating right part abit easier by providing meals.

A cousin of mine joing weight watchers (or jenny craig or one of thoes) and lost about 35kg (cant remember the time periode). They even wanted him to appear in a commercial to show the results (he declined because he was to shy).

However, since he stoped the program, and eats what his wife makes him (good old italian food thick in oil!) hes regained some of that weight.

If you can afford to spend the time making your own meals as well as your daily activities, then do it yourself i say, but if you cant, one of thoes programs might work for you. :)

Snowball

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:38 pm

Postby Pyscrow » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:48 pm

Bluey wrote:
Do you want me to change the thread name to “Project Bluey and Pyscrow” ?

Sounds good to me.

I have found in the past 1kg a week is a good target, some weeks you do better, some weeks you dont, sometimes you plateu for a coupla weeks (thats depressing!)

Generally the best plan is to weigh yourself naked first thing in the morning before you have anything to eat (gives the best and most encoraging result!)

Whataya reckon at 1kg a week? and the weigh in time?, you pick the day, for once a week?

My weight this morning was 109.5kg., your goal of 80 - 85kilo's sounds good to me!

I'll see if I can find a before photo, people of our "stature" tend to avoid pohotographs of themselves though!

Monty Burns

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:48 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:08 pm

Pyscrow wrote:
Whataya reckon at 1kg a week? and the weigh in time?, you pick the day, for once a week?

How about ½ a kg a week to start with then see how we go from there. I think in the first couple of weeks you lose a lot more then it tapers off a bit so I have been told. Just have to finish off all my icecream and lollies today. I have a dentist appointment in the morning (Root Canal job). Our first official weighing will be on Wednesday 6th of April and then every Wednesday after that how does that sound?

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:08 pm

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Xzibit. wrote:
Wight Watchers isnt all a waste of money.

If you can afford to spend the time making your own meals as well as your daily activities, then do it yourself i say, but if you cant, one of thoes programs might work for you. :)

I have nothing against WW I just thought you had to buy all their products if you joined them. I have plenty of time to do it myself but not enough money, as I don’t work. I am on a DSP because of my illness :(

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Postby benn » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:38 pm

I once dropped 10kgs in a week, but that was from a badly broken leg after getting taken out by a car. That's too much too soon.

I think medical opinion is that 1kg per week is the maximum safe amount of weight to lose.

You should do at least 30min on the exercise bike, and at least initially you should limit the rate of exercise to either being able to feel your pulse just slightly elevated or able to have a conversation without getting out of breath too often. A light sweat should be fine. All of these things should change as the weeks go by so they will slowly and naturally increase your amount of exercise as your fitness increases.

Selma Bouvier

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:38 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next