AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Project djmenow 
Message Author

Postby crackermann » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:36 pm

here is a calculator for making sure your heart rate is in that fat burning zone - http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/bl_THR.htm

apparently if your heart rate is to high all you burn is carbs and if its too low your not burning much of anything. :D :D

Disco Stu

Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Havent updated for a while so here it is.

General health is OK. Fitness is mediocre (saw a pic of myself with no top on the other day. Not happy with it). Weight is still around 106-107kgs.

Back is really bad atm. Hence the lack of ecercise recently. Knees playing up due to previous sporting knee injuies. So no running atm. I started the weights again but because of my back issues the last week or so that has stopped.

So yeah no real progress and I would have hoped by now my fitness/health would be better.

Ned Flanders

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Postby bullwinkle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:47 am

Keep at it mate. Regularity is the key. My bloody foot has stopped me doing anything much over the last couple of months. Lucky to get a day where it feels normal.

Jimbo Jones

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:47 am

Postby djmenow » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Taking the bike for a ride every day for the last 4 days. Going about 3kms in about 12 minutes. Feeling much better on my back and actually enjoying it.

Ned Flanders

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Postby djmenow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Been a while since my last update. Well got a new job since made redundant from my last one. This one though I am not sitting behind a desk all day. I work my ass off physically.

I have stopped riding due to the hours I work. Plus I am too tired at days end to do anything. My eating is alot less as I am too busy at work.

I am still 107kg but at least I am exercising at work.

Ned Flanders

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Postby djmenow » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Man this week has been a killer on my body. Still lost 2 kgs thus far this week. Now around the 105kg mark.

Ned Flanders

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Postby atefooterz » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:50 pm

seems like you are winning the battle considering your knees & back = good work Man :D

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Postby djmenow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:06 am

Muscle is now appearing since I have been at this job nearly 7 weeks. Down to between 103-105kgs. I would be less but muscle weighs more than fat.

Back is sore still but bearable with this job.

My 1st goal is to get down to 100kg.

Ned Flanders

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:06 am

Postby SKaVeN » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Hey Deej,

I might be able to help with a simple suggestion or two because I can sympathise due to my own experience.

I have an injured lower back in the L4/L5 lumber caused by years of sitting & working in an office. The weight on your lower back is increased by 40% when you're sitting down.

I ended up not being able to go to work & having to sell my home & most of my worldly goods. Fortunately I am a bachelor & have no dependants so could move back into my parents' house (yes, the George Costanza thing).

It was two years before I could walk properly & a good part of that before I could even stand up properly & on medication & in constant pain. I had major intense pain spasms every time I coughed or sneezed FFS!

I have always had what people would call a slow metabolic rate so two years like that I stacked on a lot more weight than you & I am a good deal shorter than you but you know how I got rid of it? Walking!

I started walking about one or two kilometres a day & gradually increased it to six or seven which I could eventually complete in under an hour.

Do you use public transport to go to work? Can you? If you can you could possibly catch the bus or train home but get off a stop early & walk the rest of the way & when the gets easier, get off at the stop before & so on...

Walking does work! Before my injury I used to go to the gym & I did sixteen circuits a week, ninety minutes on the exercise bike & loads of free weights - I used to do body-building. none of it worked as well & got me in better shape then the simple act of walking. Walking is even better & healthier than running because humans are anatomically designed for long distant walking - but only running for short distances.

The other thing is, you've got to cut down on the junk food. I know it's really hard & I'm not saying you can't eat it ever but it's a killer! The amount of calories in junk food would even make someone who was training for the Olympics get fat. Find other food that you like &, in time, I promise you that you will soon get to enjoy the better food & hardly even miss junk food. I went through the same thing myself & again when I gave up smoking nearly three years ago. You can do it, Deej.

My biggest problem was being a night-owl & an insomniac I am still up quite late at night so my stomach is often empty by the time it gets near bedtime so I get all kinds of tummy rumbles - even if I had a really big tea. This is where all that late-night snacking trained my tummy into expecting to be fed at that time of night whether it needed to be or not & make me feel hungry to remind me to get it's usual feed. What I do now is I cut up about three of four types of fruit & have one of those diet drink things you mix with milk (skinny milk of course). I didn't like it at first because I was used to eating tasty & crunchy things but after a while I goit used to the change & actually "want" my late-night fruit.

The other thing is the soft drinks. Do you drink soft drinks at work? Do you have a PuraTap at home? Can you fill a bottle of that up each day & take it to work each day? Water is the only liquid that is a drink, all other liquids are considered food items. But only drink when you need to (when you're thirsty). People who guzzle litres & litres of water a day because they think it's good for them because they're "flushing themselves out" are wrong! You should only maintain & replenish your body fluid & your body tells you when it needs some by making you feel thirsty.

Tea & coffee aren't a major problem but do you drink a lot of it at work? Some people in offices shovel it down like air but coffee in particular actually stimulates your adrenaline but slows down your metabolism which is why coffee addicts are trapped in that vicious circle. I drink one cup of coffee in the morning, one cup of tea with my evening meal & another with my late-night snack - always with skimmed milk & no sugar. Tea & coffee taste great without sugar once you get used to it. Even better actually.

Well, that's me anyway. Hopefully something in there can help you too.

Ned Flanders

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Postby djmenow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Cant do the public transport thing coz where I work is not near public transport.

I dont eat as much crap as I used to (still have my share). Soft Drink is my vice and has forever been. I have noticed since I am at work I am drinking about a litre of water a day as well as 2 cans of soft drink.

Wife and I also bought the Pilates Power Gym off an ad I saw on Foxtel.

Very good machine. I recommend it. Been using it for about a week and you really do feel like it is working.

Ned Flanders

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next