Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 58  Next
 Project Bluey and Pyscrow 
Message Author

Postby Bluey » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:22 am

benn wrote:
Bluey wrote:
...Got to ride into town tomorrow so there will be some more exercise.

I rode into town tonight. Rode out again too. Got bloody wet. Bloody rain started while I was watching a movie. Of course I live justthe other side of the parklands so no great distance (I think I was on Rundle St. in 10 minutes)

You must be pretty close to me then. I too live just the other side of the parklands, on the southern side (Parkside). Mind you at the moment I am riding at snail pace, quite embarrassing when you get overtaken by little old grannies :oops: :oops:

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:22 am

Postby benn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:58 pm

Bluey wrote:
You must be pretty close to me then. I too live just the other side of the parklands, on the southern side (Parkside). Mind you at the moment I am riding at snail pace, quite embarrassing when you get overtaken by little old grannies :oops: :oops:

Wayville.

Selma Bouvier

Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby Bluey » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:57 pm

benn wrote:
Bluey wrote:

Wayville.

My street ends at the main enterance of the show grounds :shock: :shock:

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:57 pm

Postby benn » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:32 am

Bluey wrote:
benn wrote:
Bluey wrote:

Wayville.

My street ends at the main enterance of the show grounds :shock: :shock:

When the Show is on I can hear the laughs and screams of people on the rides.

Bonus of this location is that I can walk pretty much anywhere I need to get (12min to Central Markets, 45 to any point in square-mile), and have public transport at each end of the street. No car means I get plenty of exercise 'cause I have to hoof it (or ride bike, or at least walk for 20min a day to and from buses) around the place.

Last edited by benn on Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selma Bouvier

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:32 am

Postby Bluey » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Had to give the comp a bit of time off today. So thought I would do the right thing and go for a bike ride for some much needed exercise. I needed a new fridge and bed my mate said he would pick them up as he has a trailer and car of course. Witch would save me $50 for delivery fees. I knew where the best buys were so decided, to go and pay for them and pick them up next week. You didn’t really have to know all that but what the heck. So rode to the fridge place (The Good Guys) paid for the fridge. Then decided to go and choose a bed (LeCornu’s). Done that, on the way home I was that Fu**ed I had to have a bit of a rest (Shows how fit I am). Plus the fact I had only a few grapes to eat all day, my energy levels were just about empty. So to get to my point after all that dribble. I worked out I must have rode the pushbike at least 20kilometers and that is no lie. I am paying for it now my whole body is aching and I feel absolutely buggered. I know it is going to feel worst tomorrow as the muscles that I haven’t used for years are going to rebel. And that is my story for today. If you have read this then you must be as bored as hell :no: :no:

Milhouse Van Houten

Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Postby Pyscrow » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:53 am

Bluey wrote:
Had to give the comp a bit of time off today. So thought I would do the right thing and go for a bike ride for some much needed exercise. I needed a new fridge and bed my mate said he would pick them up as he has a trailer and car of course. Witch would save me $50 for delivery fees. I knew where the best buys were so decided, to go and pay for them and pick them up next week. You didn’t really have to know all that but what the heck. So rode to the fridge place (The Good Guys) paid for the fridge. Then decided to go and choose a bed (LeCornu’s). Done that, on the way home I was that Fu**ed I had to have a bit of a rest (Shows how fit I am). Plus the fact I had only a few grapes to eat all day, my energy levels were just about empty. So to get to my point after all that dribble. I worked out I must have rode the pushbike at least 20kilometers and that is no lie. I am paying for it now my whole body is aching and I feel absolutely buggered. I know it is going to feel worst tomorrow as the muscles that I haven’t used for years are going to rebel. And that is my story for today. If you have read this then you must be as bored as hell :no: :no:

Bored? If I am bored I just pick a thread Donbot favours, and wait five minutes for all the thumbnails to load :lol:

Good stuff Bluey, but dont get ya self squished! I have seen too young blokes riding bike motorbikes have accidents this week.

Monty Burns

Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:53 am
Profile WWW

Postby benn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 pm

When I was working at Raptis Seafoods, by the Entertainment Centre, I used to ride to work 'cause started too early to get buses. Used to take me 20min from Wayville to Thebarton (for non-SA types, The Good Guys is at Thebarton, Wayville is a kilometre or two closer to it than Parkside). A slight grade up from Greenhill Rd. to West Terrace was a bitch, but the slope down from West Tce to the bridge by the Police Barracks meant I could get speed up to go up and over that with no problem.

At the end of the day though, after labouring for anywhere up to 12 hours, the rise up from Thebarton to West Tce was a killer. And the traffic on West Terrace was nearly more literally so.

Parkside to Theb. to Keswick to Parkside is pretty good going. Once when I was walking a lot but not riding I was just about ready to pass out after riding from the Marion Rd/Henley Beach Rd intersection to West Tce (it was the slope up from the train tracks that did it).

Don't overdo it!

Selma Bouvier

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 pm

Postby Bluey » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:02 pm

I could hardly move today. Wont do that again in a hurry. Will stick to the ex-bike for my long rides now :|

Milhouse Van Houten

Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:02 pm

Postby benn » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:53 am

Give it a few days, then try it again. Maybe next weekend if the weather is fine you can try a ride to Glenelg and back. Stop for lunch down at the bay. Then ride back when you're rested and ready.

Don't push it, just a leisurely ride. If you go up Leader St. and cut through from Goodwood Rd. on the way back then you don't have to go up the slope of the Keswick rail bridge, and that should make it mostly a flat ride.

I notice that if I ride to work (Urrbrae), mostly uphill, a couple of weeks off doesn't decrease my fitness level, and the muscles have settled in to making it not so bad. Then again, I'm as worn out at Unley Rd. as I'm gonna get on the ride. I just sweat more as the climb starts!

Selma Bouvier

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:53 am

Postby Bluey » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:00 pm

benn wrote:
Give it a few days, then try it again. Maybe next weekend if the weather is fine you can try a ride to Glenelg and back. Stop for lunch down at the bay. Then ride back when you're rested and ready.

Great idea benn, haven’t been down the Bay for years. Might just do that to see where there are building all the new shit. Just loved all those sideshows they have to go and spoil every thing nowadays, all for the mighty dollar. I used to live down the Bay as well (In my younger days). It was great because mum used to be the manager of what was called “Burger King”. So would get free burgers and other stuff. You might be too young to remember that place, it was next to the cop shop in “Mosely Square”. She also worked at the kiosk at the Bay end of Anzac Highway. O those were the days :lol:

Milhouse Van Houten

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:00 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 58  Next