AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice referendum 

How will you be voting in the upcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice referendum?
Poll ended at Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:11 pm
Undecided 4%  4%  [ 8 ]
Firm Yes 33%  33%  [ 70 ]
Undecided Yes 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
Firm No 54%  54%  [ 113 ]
Undecided No 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 211

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice referendum 
Message Author

Postby HIPPYD » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:09 pm

Haven't really thought about it or know much about it but I'll vote yes just based on the types of people I see against it.

Judge Roy Snyder

Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:09 pm

Postby Tombslayer » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:40 pm

That makes no sense, why would you vote yes if you don't know what it's about ?

Bernice Hibbert

Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:40 pm

Postby impalethe » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:28 am

HumphreyBBear wrote:
So, 5 years prison. Which will automatically disqualify you from standing for public office.

Sounds pretty harsh to me. Kinda ends your career, if you're convicted.

5 Years is nothing most get out in far less time due to deals and "good behaviour" and time served they get to keep a good chunk of the money they have as they gave it to spouses etc.

Ralph Wiggum

Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:28 am

Postby HumphreyBBear » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:10 pm

impalethe wrote:
HumphreyBBear wrote:
So, 5 years prison. Which will automatically disqualify you from standing for public office.

Sounds pretty harsh to me. Kinda ends your career, if you're convicted.

5 Years is nothing most get out in far less time due to deals and "good behaviour" and time served they get to keep a good chunk of the money they have as they gave it to spouses etc.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you, since you think 5 years in prison is "nothing".

Otto Man

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:10 pm

Postby fya69 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:40 am

Real Life account of my train ride home yesterday afternoon.

Native Australian speaks... "I'm Aboriginal carnt maaate...")male, with his girlfriend??? talking very loudly to his mate(Male) "... this is my mother f'ing train, MY mother f'ing land, I'm gonna be the f'ing Boss of all of you carnt's soon" this went of for 2-5mins, when until a elderly woman politely ask him to please not swear.

He then threatens the elderly lady by closing his fist and shoving less than 5inches from her in her face and say's "I gonna f'ing kill you f'ing dog if you don't shut you f'ing mouth carnt"... Nek minnit...

He is on the ground after 2 really big islander blokes take the little shit down to the ground while the rest of the train is clapping/cheering, his girlfriend runs away... but straight into the arms of 2 Police officers(obviously on the train at the time...) and his mate is trying to sheepishly look away... All 3 were promptly handcuffed and at the next stop they were taken off the train while everyone in the carriage was clapping and cheering.

This Voice referendum by a clown of a Prime Minister has already caused major racial division in the community that will never heal.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/video/news/%E ... 2775&ei=37

Jimbo Jones

Location: In bed.... with your Sister, Mother, Aunt & Grandma.
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:40 am
Profile WWW

Postby johnco99 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:59 pm

fya69 wrote:
Real Life account of my train ride home yesterday afternoon.

Native Australian speaks... "I'm Aboriginal carnt maaate...")male, with his girlfriend??? talking very loudly to his mate(Male) "... this is my mother f'ing train, MY mother f'ing land, I'm gonna be the f'ing Boss of all of you carnt's soon" this went of for 2-5mins, when until a elderly woman politely ask him to please not swear.

He then threatens the elderly lady by closing his fist and shoving less than 5inches from her in her face and say's "I gonna f'ing kill you f'ing dog if you don't shut you f'ing mouth carnt"... Nek minnit...

He is on the ground after 2 really big islander blokes take the little shit down to the ground while the rest of the train is clapping/cheering, his girlfriend runs away... but straight into the arms of 2 Police officers(obviously on the train at the time...) and his mate is trying to sheepishly look away... All 3 were promptly handcuffed and at the next stop they were taken off the train while everyone in the carriage was clapping and cheering.

This Voice referendum by a clown of a Prime Minister has already caused major racial division in the community that will never heal.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/video/news/%E ... 2775&ei=37

Things that didn't happen ..

Itchy the Mouse

Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Postby chomper » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:31 pm

fya69 wrote:
Firm NO... So does anyone remember growing up during the WOG era?

As a person who was born in Australia of migrant parents who went through WWII, grew up and went to school in the mid/late 70's/early 80's, the amount racism I received was disgusting. Going to school is an all white/Anglo environment was soul crushing... being called a wog, spat on and treated with contempt even by the WHITE Teachers just because of my surname (as I am fair haired, fair skinned and light eyed...) was pure Racism, Segregation, Alienation etc. etc. etc... not inclusion.

The voice referendum WILL insight racism, segregation, alienation etc. etc. etc... @ a constitutional level and is NOT just inclusion/recognition. As a retired lawyer, defining it in the constitution opens this up to massive amounts of legal avenues for a minority... look at the New Zealand Failure and before anyone say's otherwise, talk to the non Maori and get their views 1st. Also let's not go to the "South African Experiment" and that FUBAR of a country.

2021 Censuss... Approx 25,700,000 Million people live in AUS with only 984,000(3.8%) being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent to be given constitutional recognition ONLY, Like What The <blank>???, what about the migrants then @ 29.8%(or 7,600,00 million) shouldn't we all be recognized in the Constitution as well?

Then we have this clown of a PM who will try his hardest to put it in the constitution(regardless of the referendum... these were HIS words by the way don't forget), then we add the majority of the woke and brainwashed 18-35 year old demographic that will vote yes and it will be closer than it should ever be.

My final words are... Vote no, treat everyone with dignity, respect and thoughtfulness of your fellow human being and stop this madness.

Quoted for accuracy, I grew up in the same era in very similar circumstances.

Comic Book Guy

Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:31 pm

Postby impalethe » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:37 pm

chomper wrote:
fya69 wrote:
Firm NO.what about the migrants then @ 29.8%(or 7,600,00 million) shouldn't we all be recognised in the Constitution as well?

My final words are... Vote no, treat everyone with dignity, respect and thoughtfulness of your fellow human being and stop this madness.

Quoted for accuracy, I grew up in the same era in very similar circumstances.

First Thing I thought was once its in the Constitution whats to stop other minorities/groups demanding they get included with a "voice"

Agree with the final words

And yes I grew up in that Era as well. It took a while but I learned the racism wasn't so much racism but not understanding each other. I was called a Stupid WOG more times than I could count and it was hurtful but then I learned English and worked hard to integrate in Australian Society. Once I was participating with people I was no longer a Stupid WOG but a Good Wog. Also note the change wasn't the WOG but what preceded it that needed change. Stupid, Lazy, Thieving etc were the things you didn't want to be associated with. When they Changed to Good Wog, My Wog Mate, and thanks to Nick Giannopoulos WogBoy.

From that I have learned most people are not racist but hate people who are Lazy, Thieving, etc. When they think your stupid its probably a lack of understanding due to a language barrier. BTW I have heard the same for Asians, Indians and others nearly always it will be preceded with a description and if not if you ask the person will clarify why they are deriding them and it won't be due to skin colour but an undesirable trait they exhibited. Hopefully a large number of that group won't have that trait and some will learn the language otherwise a stereotype is applied

Ralph Wiggum

Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:37 pm

Postby impalethe » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:32 am

Hmm Maybe Albo should have read this summary at least

M 700x960 93

Ralph Wiggum

Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:32 am

Postby HumphreyBBear » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:39 am

impalethe wrote:
Hmm Maybe Albo should have read this summary at least

That's terrifying! Can you give me a link to the original document?

Otto Man

Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:39 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next