AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 190 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Charlotte Dawson 
Message Author

Postby critic » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Very sad news. Didn't always agree with her views but no one deserves to be bullied.

Nothing has yet been said/released as to cause of death (even though most media are surmising as usual), but is definitely too young (my age in fact) and will be missed.

Otto Man

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Postby HotIce » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Depression isn't helped by cowardly scumbags bringing misery upon a vulnerable person like they're on some kind of a power trip to make up for their own lack of accomplishments in life and shortcomings as human being in general.

...And they do it via Twitter the weak, gutless wonders!

Lionel Hutz

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Postby offwork » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm

R.I.P. Charlotte :hug: :sad: ...
My condolences to all of your family & true friends...
You will be no doubt missed by many :sad: :sad: ...

The scum :punch: :punch: can hurt you no more...

Last edited by offwork on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arnie in the Sky

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Postby robpr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:47 am

narly wrote:
The person I mentioned doesn't want to stop drinking even though they know it is the cause of the problem , well that and the relationship there in . Her family has tried to advise her and help her but she is paranoid that everyone is against her to stage that she want's nothing to do with her mother and father and all but one sister. It's very sad & soul-destroying.

My cousin is depressed, has been for years now, is open and honest about it.. but simply refuses to even consider getting off tablets. And she takes tons of them.. a shocking amount. Even though she knew what I went through, and that I got out of it, she knows better.. If *only* at the time I had someone to guide me and inform me, let me know what I should or shouldn't do.. I would have given anything for that. But she wont be told by anyone and I only asked her yesterday how things are going, nothing's changed. She mentioned she even got in touch with Charlotte Dawson last year and Charlotte responded to her in a most uplifting way. But with my cousin, she's looking for an easy way out, a simple solution. There isn't one with depression. That's the mistake they make, looking externally for the answer, as if it will come magically in a single sentence. Its good to look for advice or help - but then you have to look inside and do the inner work. Depression is like a deep weed, it has deep roots. you have to excavate it, get to the source. You cant run from it.

Disco Stu

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:47 am

Postby Tuxedo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:12 am

She's beyond the reach of Trolls and Haters now.

Rest In Peace, Charlotte.

Ralph Wiggum

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:12 am

Postby Loose Goose » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 pm

narly wrote:
she's looking for an easy way out, a simple solution. There isn't one with depression. That's the mistake they make, looking externally for the answer, as if it will come magically in a single sentence.

Yes, unfortunately, some people will always seek the non-existent easy way out - and do it for many years, going in circles. I believe that doctors and medication only equate to between 1 - 5 percent of the solution. Medications for depression and anxiety are like life-preservers you find on a ship. They are there to keep you from drowning when you've fallen overboard, but they will not take you back to dry land, where you're safe. The hard work needs to be done intrinsically.

Sufferers certainly don't need to hear, "snap out of it". But, I like to say, "chip away at it", and that can be done with cognitive behavioural therapy. It is the hard way, though. And, those looking for the easy way out are very reluctant to give it a go. But if a person commits to CBT, it can be very effective. It worked wonders for me, and I was in pretty deep.

I was indifferent about Charlotte the celebrity. I didn't watch the programs she was on, apart from maybe Celebrity Apprentice. But, for Charlotte the human being, I am sorry.

If you have kids - keep them away from social media. It is out of control now and offers nothing positive to a young persons life.

Elizabeth Hoover

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Postby Reb » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Tuxedo wrote:

'trolls and haters' , wasn't what drove her over the edge.

Mary Bailey

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Postby Tuxedo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Reb wrote:
Tuxedo wrote:

'trolls and haters' , wasn't what drove her over the edge.

I never said that they drove her over the edge. I don't think anyone will truly know.
But she had admitted that the Cyberbullying was hurtful, despite the coping mechanisms she had developed over the years.
In truth, I wasn't really a Charlotte "fan", and I'm not trying to jump on any bandwagon now. However, I did admire when she confronted those trolls on camera, and it's a shame to see anyone lose their life this way.

Peace, Tuxedo.

Ralph Wiggum

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Postby Fizzybomb » Sat May 14, 2016 6:48 am

Just gone through Charlottes pics I think her so called friends SHOULD have picked up on what was going on in her life. A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.

Jimbo Jones

Sat May 14, 2016 6:48 am

Postby wolverine » Sat May 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Fizzybomb wrote:
Just gone through Charlottes pics I think her so called friends SHOULD have picked up on what was going on in her life. A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.

They probably did but there's only so much talking and convincing you can do with someone who is constantly teetering on the edge.

Capo Bastone

Sat May 14, 2016 3:56 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 190 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19