AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 7 posts ] 
 Hajnal Black (nee Ban) 
Message Author

Postby Macc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 pm

While she is mainly a local councillor and wannabe federal politician, she has been a presenter on ABC's Landline. I think that counts enough to give her a thread here.

M 665x500 348
S 665x500 191
S 400x266 252
S 350x240 194
S 200x300 211
S 576x432 232
S 576x432 184
S 518x526 206
S 326x213 205
S 470x301 209
S 350x503 398
S 330x458 206

Last edited by Macc on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 pm

Postby Macc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Quote:
Big op overcomes small anxiety: Siberian surgeons add 8cms

A Queensland councillor has defended her decision to undergo radical cosmetic surgery to lengthen her legs because she was self-conscious about her size.

Hajnal Ban, 31, travelled to Siberia eight years ago for the $40,000 operation to stretch her 154-centimetre frame (just over five feet) by eight centimetres.

Doctors at the Russian Ilizarov Scientific Centre for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics broke both her legs in four places and inserted stainless-steel rings in a painful lengthening procedure lasting nine months, during which time she grew about 1 millimetre a day.

She now stands at 162 centimetres tall.

Upon her return to Australia, Cr Ban, then a 23-year-old lawyer, gained international notoriety when she authored a book titled God Made Me Small, Surgery Made Me Tall under the pseudonym Sara Vornamen.

She outed herself as the real author this morning.

Cr Ban, who claims to be a barrister but is not listed with the Bar Association of Queensland, dismissed criticism her decision to undergo the surgery sent a bad message about body image.

"This is purely a personal matter. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I just want this (media attention) to go away," Cr Ban told brisbanetimes.com.au this morning.

"I work so hard for my community. Why isn't that noticed?

"Media are camping outside my mother's house so I'm just in hiding at the moment.

"Most people don't discuss their personal medical issues, and I wouldn't either but for the fact that it was discovered that I was (Sara Vornamen).

"I don't pay attention too much to what people say about me on a personal level at all. I've been elected to represent the community, so I am prepared to accept criticism about what I do in my role as a councillor. But when it comes to personal matters like this, just as much as I don't cast judgement on people, I don't like people to do that as well."

However, she admitted she would have not considered surgery if she had been in public office at the time.

"A politician's job is to represent the community to which they have been elected. I have a very clear line of what my role is and what is of a public nature and what is of a private nature.

"I had this operation prior to getting into local government. I had no inkling at the time that I would get into council."

Born in Israel, Cr Ban has been a councillor since 2004, first with Beaudesert and now Logan.

She lost a bid for the federal seat of Forde for the Nationals in the 2007 election.

"The way I was eight years ago, is very different to the way I am now. With age, I have become more comfortable in my own skin," Ms Ban said.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh attracted similar attention after she admitted to having botox injections, although Cr Ban said that, too, was no one else's business.

"Just because we're in the public eye, it doesn't mean that we're less entitled to a private life," she said.

"I am comfortable in my skin. I'm far more happy with who I am today than I was 10 years ago, because there is so much pressure, particularly on young girls, to be a certain way and feel a certain way. I think with age you mellow and become comfortable."

S 200x269 149

Milhouse Van Houten

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm

if she had some kini shots we could give her a models thread as well i think :chuckel:

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Macc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 pm

The Courier Mail had a few shots accompanying a recent article.

M 351x433 196
M 309x433 242
M 650x433 266
M 650x433 259

Milhouse Van Houten

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Postby lmac » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 am

okay looking but she is an absolute fruitcake

Lunchlady Doris

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 am

Postby Macc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

lmac wrote:
okay looking but she is an absolute fruitcake

Half the celebs on here aren't included for their brains or talent. :grin:

Milhouse Van Houten

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Postby Macc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:25 pm

She's in trouble with now two warrants out for her arrest.

Quote:
Former golden girl Hajnal Black a wanted woman

IPSWICH councillor Paul Tully has released a YouTube video calling on embattled Logan City councillor Hajnal Black to give herself up to police.

Cr Black is in hiding from the police after a warrant for her arrest was issued in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court last week.

Cr Tully released the empassioned plea on Wednesday morning, asking Cr Black to give herself up "in an honourable and dignified manner".

"There are no winners in this sort of situation. The longer it goes on, the more you will be hurt," Cr Tully said.

"Do you want to end your political career in the back of a police paddy wagon with your pictures flashed around Australia?"

Cr Tully, Queensland's longest-serving city councillor of 33 years, said Cr Black was a young, intelligent and articulate person with a good future but needed to face reality.

"We have had a good working relationship over the years and I don't want to see her get hurt any further."

Others were less sympathetic. State Labor MP for Logan John Mickel said it was "disgusting" that police resources were being wasted on bringing Hajnal Black to justice.

"Just because she's had her own legs pulled, there's no need to be pulling ours and the cops'," he said.

"She isn't fit to hold the high office in which she's been elected.

"She's meant to be a councillor upholding the law, not a councillor breaking the law."

Mr Mickel said Cr Black's husband and fellow Logan City Councillor, Sean Black, had a public duty to reveal to police anything he knew about his wife's whereabouts.

"Cr Sean Black seems more interested in manufacturing claims of a conspiracy against his wife and defending her increasingly erratic behaviour than in convincing her to come out of hiding and present herself to the police," Mr Mickel said.

"I believe that it is only a matter of time before the LNP dumps both these councillors for bringing their party into serious disrepute. The sooner they do it the better."

Earlier, The Courier-Mail reported that Cr Hajnal Black is now a wanted woman on the run from police.

An arrest warrant for the embattled councillor turned fugitive was issued on Friday after she stormed out of the courtroom midway through a hearing into whether she failed to declare a pecuniary interest while in public office.

Police went to the New Beith home she shares with her husband, fellow Logan City councillor Sean Black, twice yesterday in order to execute the warrant.

On the first occasion, three officers from Jimboomba arrived at the property on Tall Timber Rd just after 8am. Moments earlier Mr Black left the property to take his children to school.

He said Ms Black was taking a nap inside after working through until 5am. Police spent an hour searching the property before leaving in a paddy wagon to make other inquiries.

Two officers from Jimboomba arrived at the home again just after 3pm and questioned Ms Black's friend on the councillor's whereabouts.

The police would not speak to waiting media but The Courier-Mail has learned Ms Black was not at home.
Asked last night where his wife was, Mr Black said: "To be completely honest I have no idea where she is."

Pressed further on whether she would give herself up to police today, he said: "I hope so."

Earlier yesterday Mr Black had instructed reporters to visit his Facebook page for information on his wife's next move, alluding to a Labor Party plot, and comparing the "monstrous interference with natural justice" with "communist Europe".

Ms Black faces five charges which were due to be finalised at the Beenleigh Magistrates Court and which were brought about by the Department of Local Government and Housing.

Mr Black could now also face charges for attempting to obstruct, prevent or pervert justice.

Logan City Council Mayor Pam Parker called for Ms Black to stand down, saying she was bringing the city into "disrepute".

Cr Parker said Ms Black, if found guilty, would not be able to hold office for at least four years. "But she'll still have appeal rights," she said.

In a statement, Queensland Police said their inquiries would "continue to locate this woman".

Despite disendorsing Ms Black as the LNP federal candidate for Wright at the 2010 election, the party doesn't appear to have plans to kick the couple out.

Sean Black is the campaign manager for LNP Logan candidate Michael Pucci and recently organised a fundraiser for him where the keynote speaker was LNP president Bruce McIver.

In a statement yesterday, a spokeswoman for Mr McIver said the Logan Campaign committee function, which he had been invited to attend, was organised late in the campaign and later cancelled.

When asked if the couple would be able to remain in the LNP, she said: "The matters concerning Ms Black are private and are still being considered by the courts."

The charges against Ms Black are failing to declare a joint savings account held with a man; failing to declare his relationship to her; failing to declare her own business Dahlia International Pty Ltd; failing to declare interest from an unsecured personal loan, and failing to declare a property at Mt Warren Park between August 12, 2009, and October 28, 2011.

M 650x366 1394

Milhouse Van Houten

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:25 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 7 posts ]