AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 16 posts ] 
 The 'Models' section 
Message Author

Postby phunkyfeelone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Not suggesting I have the answer, but food for thought

There seems to be quite a few airbrushed bogan chicks who 'model' for magazines, but don't really do much commercial work finding their way into the Models section. The Models section (IMO) should be for those who have a recognised portfolio of commercial work and attached to a brand.
Bikini clad, greased up, airbrushed bogan chicks are not models, even if they appear in a publication - they are only promoting themselves and appear only for a cheap perve.

Examples:
Kahili Blundell
Lauren Vickers
Tina Wallman
Trinity Porter

As a comparison, I was a feature character in Tropfest films two years running, could I be listed under Actors???

I guess, is there a way to distinguish 'bogan' soft-core chicks from 'real' models, be they fashion models or whatever?
I know some of the more popular names started out in this area (Jen Hawkins was a cheerleader, she still sounds like a bogan chick), but there could be some kind of transition if they become more mainstream (kind of like Models becoming TV Personalities)

Martin Prince

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm

One of the strengths of this site has always been the see here first factor, sadly losing our history has weecked that a bit (loy) Tina Wallman is a great example of her early 2000s Picture & RALF plus the RALPH TV co hosting, if you see how much she did in the UK mags- tabloids & TV then apart from Elle & Megan Gale then very few would ever be posted. Sheridan Fisher another example of not only being posted here but also interactive with members. Emily Skye from that period has also gone on to now be in demand for fitness publications & tv work... it has taken almost a decade for that!

If you have an imdb credit for your shorts then sure post/ promote yourself away, we rank higher than star now,on google, for many foks & there is no fee lol!

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm
Profile WWW

Postby wolverine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 pm

I agree that not all models are equal but forum hierarchy does not lend itself to classifying content easily. Navigation would become tedious as members would have to go into one area, to then have to go back and enter another area that to some people seems very similar anyway.

Capo Bastone

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 pm

wolverine wrote:
I agree that not all models are equal but forum hierarchy does not lend itself to classifying content easily. Navigation would become tedious as members would have to go into one area, to then have to go back and enter another area that to some people seems very similar anyway.

Like I said, I don't actually have the answer :smile:
Agree not all models are created equal, but a fair proportion are not models at all, just bogan chicks in bikinis, or strippers.

I put up Chumpy Pullin's girlfriend (because she's hot!), but when challenged found she is a model, albeit a C grade model for a small local company.
The quote at the time was:
atefooterz wrote:
Are there any commercial shoots, to post for Ellidy? We do have a site rule about models being commercial models :smile:

I had a look at the rules but couldn't find the reference specifically about models (it didn't matter in the end as I found evidence)

Martin Prince

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
wolverine wrote:

Agree not all models are created equal, but a fair proportion are not models at all, just bogan chicks in bikinis, or strippers.

I put up Chumpy Pullin's girlfriend (because she's hot!), but when challenged found she is a model, albeit a C grade model for a small local company.
atefooterz wrote:
Are there any commercial shoots, to post for Ellidy? We do have a site rule about models being commercial models :smile:

I had a look at the rules but couldn't find the reference specifically about models (it didn't matter in the end as I found evidence)

Heya phunky my challenge was entirely based on a new thread titled about a "bloke & his GF" and some am looking pics, If 1 or 2 pro shoot pics had been also posted, but more importantly the thread name being based around that person. rather than her mate it would just be another modrl thread i ignored. NOTE: The previously written Model section rules have indeed fallen by the way of the various Admins trying to use casual simple language and not continuing the long lists of old. The active models basically formed & policed rules in this area if you remember.

wolverine wrote:

The issue at hand is not remotely based around the complications of sections wolverine. The main difference of this site to most fap sites is the successful format of creating ongoing personality threads, not one fap wonders like most, This really means that the opening thread & title should support ongoing additions, partner changes etc. Luckily we can now change thread names witout creating a database nightmare (Yay progress) Diluting a thread name taints google to an extent. Please note that i do google any new names & the only reference to being a model was a 2nd hand article by a UK paper cut & pasted from their Aussie newscorp sibling, Currently phunkys thread is now creeping up google as the main evidence showing Ellidy Vlug as being a model lol! My google image search did not show anything other than happy snaps with & without Chumpy, her personal twitter account is casual & friendly without any modeling related content. Hopefully this hottie can grab some work and devellop some cash and a following.

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

Postby phunkyfeelone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:32 pm

atefooterz wrote:
phunkyfeelone wrote:
wolverine wrote:

atefooterz wrote:

Heya phunky my challenge was entirely based on a new thread titled about a "bloke & his GF" and some am looking pics, If 1 or 2 pro shoot pics had been also posted, but more importantly the thread name being based around that person. rather than her mate it would just be another modrl thread i ignored. NOTE: The previously written Model section rules have indeed fallen by the way of the various Admins trying to use casual simple language and not continuing the long lists of old. The active models basically formed & policed rules in this area if you remember.

wolverine wrote:

The issue at hand is not remotely based around the complications of sections wolverine. The main difference of this site to most fap sites is the successful format of creating ongoing personality threads, not one fap wonders like most, This really means that the opening thread & title should support ongoing additions, partner changes etc. Luckily we can now change thread names witout creating a database nightmare (Yay progress) Diluting a thread name taints google to an extent. Please note that i do google any new names & the only reference to being a model was a 2nd hand article by a UK paper cut & pasted from their Aussie newscorp sibling, Currently phunkys thread is now creeping up google as the main evidence showing Ellidy Vlug as being a model lol! My google image search did not show anything other than happy snaps with & without Chumpy, her personal twitter account is casual & friendly without any modeling related content. Hopefully this hottie can grab some work and devellop some cash and a following.

Maybe a Miscellaneous Models thread, similar to that for News & Media. There is already an Unknown Models thread.

Once they have a certain level of public exposure or number of posts, they can be moved into their own thread, same as the News section. Airlie Walsh & many others started like that, it just takes one interested person to post regularly and they will soon get their own. Possibly a sticky at the top for posting guidelines?

Just seems to be a pattern of posting once or twice for another wannabe, then no more coverage. Unless the forum is trying to be a library of course!

On Chumpy's girlfriend, I first posted in Models under her name, but mentioned in the OP that I wasn't sure (the photo I had seen of her mentioned 'model' in the text. A bit of searching and I found her.

Martin Prince

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm

OK just looked back & yes you did create a thread with her name! My main comments about online name/image search stand. Why do we need a Misc thread?* i have wasted hours sorting that issue out in newsreaders and at present there is another 2-3 hours of mucking around with the misc ch9 newsreaders alone.
How do you and others view each section? Everyone else also please jump in with thoughts comments etc! If you just look at new content you will get just that, if a post is made in a misc models thread you would click & view = no different to opening models index & viewing all the thareads & seeing if there is anything you are interested in. Devotees use the email alert, we need more lerts, and go direct to new content only in that thread,
i can not see any value in changing anything, just remind you that when a new name is searched regardless of airbrusing silicone or whatever, if they pop up on onemodels place, starnow, their own site saying they model or wish to then no issue would be made. I see no diference between a short inactive thread of a wanna be than one of a past fave who has no new content & is now pushing out sprogs. If "thread space" became an issue then Admin could merge a selective amount of inactive threads into somewhere. From the activity and contributions as seen on newschix area i can not see that need happening. :grin:
* We do not get paid we just do this for fun = ya gets what ya gets, whinging and creating time away from doing fun stuff is not fun! :giggle:

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile WWW

Postby phunkyfeelone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 pm

atefooterz wrote:
OK just looked back & yes you did create a thread with her name! My main comments about online name/image search stand. Why do we need a Misc thread?* i have wasted hours sorting that issue out in newsreaders and at present there is another 2-3 hours of mucking around with the misc ch9 newsreaders alone.
How do you and others view each section? Everyone else also please jump in with thoughts comments etc! If you just look at new content you will get just that, if a post is made in a misc models thread you would click & view = no different to opening models index & viewing all the thareads & seeing if there is anything you are interested in. Devotees use the email alert, we need more lerts, and go direct to new content only in that thread,
i can not see any value in changing anything, just remind you that when a new name is searched regardless of airbrusing silicone or whatever, if they pop up on onemodels place, starnow, their own site saying they model or wish to then no issue would be made. I see no diference between a short inactive thread of a wanna be than one of a past fave who has no new content & is now pushing out sprogs. If "thread space" became an issue then Admin could merge a selective amount of inactive threads into somewhere. From the activity and contributions as seen on newschix area i can not see that need happening. :grin:
* We do not get paid we just do this for fun = ya gets what ya gets, whinging and creating time away from doing fun stuff is not fun! :giggle:

I thought this was a Site Suggestions Thread :lol:

We the punter have little idea how much time you guys put in, not only through contributions but moderating and fixing the site.
It is very much appreciated

The original suggestion was aimed at minimising wannabe airbrushed bogan magazine chicks nobodies out of the main list, but I can live with it the way it is :cheerstothat:

Martin Prince

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Lol like i said who knows when the next airbrushed wanna be makes it? When we consider how many successful catwalk & glossy mag Models that never get a thread or following here it always amazes me. All discussion welcome = as i said above everyone is welcome to contribute ideas- suggestions, models is not my main interest so what i may do-say can be totally out of step of what many want? If we are not informed/ corrected then no progress is made.

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

Postby wolverine » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 am

It took me half an hour just to read through all your posts :shock:

Personally, I am for each celebrity having their own thread. It makes it easier to find them on the site and it results in better search engine rankings. If they are not popular, they just drop further and further down the list. If they don't get any update for years, who cares - we then become like an archive of the time when they were famous. I like that, we need to show the young people what they've missed out on :smile:

However, this comment should not be interpreted in a way that will result in separate threads for each news reporter in the field - unless they are very prominent or popular, they can stay in TV channel threads.

Back to topic, unless we can come up with an alternative method of navigating and classifying threads without upsetting oldtimers, I can't see what else we could possibly do.

Capo Bastone

Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 16 posts ]