Reply to topic 
 [ 40 posts ] 
 Thoughts on Female News Reporters threads 
Message Author

Postby narly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:17 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
narly wrote:
phunkyfeelone wrote:

Sssshhhh I hear you, I hear you :roll: I get it, you want to put everyone in alphabetical order, sheesh...

NO he doesn't. you're not listening people .
Those that have their own threads will stay as is ........... got that ?
The Female News Reporters - v2 will be become defunct (eventually)and replaced by
Channel 7 reporters
Channel 9 reporters
Channel 10 reporters
ABC reporters
SBS reporters
If any particular reporter becomes popular enough then they will get their own thread !
Well I think that's Ate's thought's anyway , at least that's what I was thinking.

I knew i'd get at least one bite :wink:

clown

Troy McLure

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Postby Laxative Effect » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Haha im loving this.
As for the idea on separating the thread, its a good idea in theory but i just wonder if it will actually make searching for a reporter any easier and/or less time consuming.
I have no trouble looking through the current thread as it is. As long as posters keep adding names identifying the individual reporter, the search function cuts down all the leg work. Then depending on the number of results, a dedicated thread can be made if need be.
I understand that splitting the thread into each network will reduce the number of pages drastically and that would be extremely beneficial. Especially if you cant recall a reporters name but still remember the networks they are from.
Either way this turns out, im happy.
Ill leave it up to you mods and admin to deal with the headaches. Until then...... :cofee:

Larry Burns

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Postby narly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Well said Lax. The problem with the mixed posts is we can't move individuals to their own thread if that happens. I think that's what Ate's aiming at eventually.
The only problem I can see is if a reporter moves to another network. For instance Sarah Abo , I posted many caps in the Adelaide thread when she was at 10 Adelaide , she then went to Melbourne & is now at SBS.

Troy McLure

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Postby atefooterz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 pm

narly wrote:
Well said Lax. The problem with the mixed posts is we can't move individuals to their own thread if that happens. I think that's what Ate's aiming at eventually.
The only problem I can see is if a reporter moves to another network. For instance Sarah Abo , I posted many caps in the Adelaide thread when she was at 10 Adelaide , she then went to Melbourne & is now at SBS.

It is a 3 step 2 minute move from one network thread to the other, of 1 to infinity posts, it takes ages sorting through & moving 1 post at a time in the current mixed misc thread :roll:
A quick look at it & the existing thread would be over 160 pages if i had not moved Magdelena & Hermonie alone!, and approx
300+ pages without my irregular culls over the last year :!:

Having them grouped will make observing who gets regular posting a lot easier & many news/presenter fans are also network junkies,
so it helps them find whats what easier.

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Postby atefooterz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 pm

narly wrote:

Are you going to shift those Sarah Abo posts across narly ?
Individual threads is not an "eventually" thing. Sarah Cummings was my first move when she went from SA to Sydney, back in the day :grin:

While in hospital i sorted the mixed thread from 47 pages back to 29, by creating individual threads for more than 8 posts per newspeep.Currently finding and comparing post numbers via search or rummaging around the thread takes a LOT of time.

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

Postby wolverine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 am

I've got to admit I didn't read your post properly ( I struggle to understand your writing most of the time though this one was clear and I still missed the point of the post ). As you are talking about splitting up one messy thread only, I am for it... I thought you were talking about classifying all newsreaders into station subforums, that would be a step back.

Capo Bastone

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 am

Postby atefooterz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:33 am

wolverine wrote:
I've got to admit I didn't read your post properly ( I struggle to understand your writing most of the time though this one was clear and I still missed the point of the post ). As you are talking about splitting up one messy thread only, I am for it... I thought you were talking about classifying all newsreaders into station subforums, that would be a step back.

Maybe i should just use coloured text & bold more often? :chuckel:
mayB eye shld go back 2da atespeeK of oLD? :nervous:

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:33 am
Profile WWW

Postby narly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:37 am

atefooterz wrote:

They would be mixed in one post with other SA girls. Probably easier to delete from that post and I'll reup them in one or two batches.

Troy McLure

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:37 am

Postby atefooterz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 am

narly wrote:
atefooterz wrote:

They would be mixed in one post with other SA girls. Probably easier to delete from that post and I'll reup them in one or two batches.

No wories just do not delete the mixed post, and if the others in the mixed post are in the same folder then maybe they all can be posted separatley. If so then please delete the mixed post once all are re upped :smile: I ahve a few mixed posts i have done & will just download pics & re post then delete as the various hard drives are long gone/kaput, since posting. :no:

Santa's Little Helper

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 am
Profile WWW

Postby Laxative Effect » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm

narly wrote:
atefooterz wrote:

I can do that from the mixed posts I've got up as well. I have all my images archived so i just need someone to tell me which one they want to re up.

Larry Burns

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 40 posts ]