AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Creative or Creepy? 
Message Author

Postby phunkyfeelone » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Mods, moral question.

The sister of a well known TV presenter has quite an open Facebook account, whereby it is possible to obtain many photos of said personality in private situations (no makeup, on holidays etc.). Some photos are fantastic, others are just family shots. (No nudity or innappropriate shots of course)

While it would be quite easy to vacuum all the photos and post them, is it generally acceptable to do this?
They are freely available (ie. no hacks, passowrds or anything else) to view if you do the right search.

I know many people repost Twitter shots of celebs, but this is maybe running the line, so want to check first.

Cheers

Martin Prince

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Postby wolverine » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
Mods, moral question.

The sister of a well known TV presenter has quite an open Facebook account, whereby it is possible to obtain many photos of said personality in private situations (no makeup, on holidays etc.). Some photos are fantastic, others are just family shots. (No nudity or innappropriate shots of course)

While it would be quite easy to vacuum all the photos and post them, is it generally acceptable to do this?
They are freely available (ie. no hacks, passowrds or anything else) to view if you do the right search.

I know many people repost Twitter shots of celebs, but this is maybe running the line, so want to check first.

Cheers

Unless there are shots of the celebrity themselves without others in it, I would stay away from it. Or you are willing to edit them yourself and remove non-celebrities out of it.

Capo Bastone

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

wolverine wrote:
phunkyfeelone wrote:
Mods, moral question.

Cheers

Unless there are shots of the celebrity themselves without others in it, I would stay away from it. Or you are willing to edit them yourself and remove non-celebrities out of it.

A mix of both, but would edit (fuzz face) others out.

Martin Prince

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ]