AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 50 posts ] 
 how to add images? 
Message Author

Postby atefooterz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 pm

jedda wrote:
I'm just getting the regular text box. With the icons above B i U quote code etc.
Clicking on the Img or URL only puts those words in the text box. It doesn't open up to the picture as seen in the above posts.
what am i doing wrong.
Thanks, Jedda

What browser- pop up or santi virus are you using Jedda, may be some Java / script blocking security thing, affecting your page view.

Santa's Little Helper

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Tripitaka » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 pm

G'day noob here.

I've tried to find the screen as pictured above to let me upload images but it is not appearing. I click on the img button and it seems like it is asking me for a URL for the image - instead of just uploading from my hard drive. It displays - " " in the text box.

I'd like to be able to contribute back to the board so any help would be appreciated.

Trip

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Postby HumphreyBBear » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Tripitaka wrote:
G'day noob here.

I've tried to find the screen as pictured above to let me upload images but it is not appearing.
Trip

The screen should appear, as pictured above, after you click the "post reply" button in any thread.

When the new page renders, you should see a section titled "AusCelebs Picture Uploader" in blue ,above the section titled "Post a reply".

Please could you confirm that you can see that section.

Otto Man

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Mudgutts » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Anyone want to tell me why i can't upload some caps?

is there a maximum size?
the file is 98k and 960x540.
thanks

Snowball

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Postby atefooterz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Mudgutts wrote:

is there a maximum size?
thanks

Image size limit is 10M per file, up to 100 images per upload and 100 per post. Maybe move your selection to another file. Note after clicking on Browse the files will show> just tick each pic you want to upload IN THE TICKBOX TOP LEFT OF THUMB >If you are clicking around willy nilly then only1 or nil pics will be sellected! > click open> now you have returned to post dialogue & press "upload" after the pics have uploaded the thumbs will appear under> press submit & as long as some text/ emoticon is used in the chat post area the picture post is done!
Maybe firewall issue your end? = why i suggest maybe move pics.

I will move these posts to tech area once you are sorted! :grin:

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Mudgutts » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm

atefooterz wrote:
Mudgutts wrote:

is there a maximum size?
thanks

Image size limit is 10M per file, up to 100 images per upload and 100 per post. Maybe move your selection to another file. Note after clicking on Browse the files will show> just tick each pic you want to upload IN THE TICKBOX TOP LEFT OF THUMB >If you are clicking around willy nilly then only1 or nil pics will be sellected! > click open> now you have returned to post dialogue & press "upload" after the pics have uploaded the thumbs will appear under> press submit & as long as some text/ emoticon is used in the chat post area the picture post is done!
Maybe firewall issue your end? = why i suggest maybe move pics.

I will move these posts to tech area once you are sorted! :grin:

size and amount of images weren't the problem. 1 image 100k in size. but, i was using win7 with IE. i just tried on XP with Chrome and it worked, so i'll try again with this computer later.

cheers :cheerstothat:

Snowball

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Postby wolverine » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 pm

There has been an update to site rules, specifically related to quality of screen caps.

Quote:
If uploading screen caps, only those created with dedicated hardware are allowed (capture card, DVR recorder etc.). That means:
- No caps taken from Internet catch-up TV services
- No photos of a TV taken with a smartphone

Aim of this forum is to host unique and high quality content. With the advent of Internet catch-up services, anyone is now able to get screencaps and upload them here. However, the downside is that quality of the site suffers as a result, and hosting costs go up. After a discussion among admins, it was decided that such poor quality content should not be allowed.

Capo Bastone

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Postby curly_joe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 pm

wolverine wrote:
There has been an update to site rules, specifically related to quality of screen caps.

Quote:
If uploading screen caps, only those created with dedicated hardware are allowed (capture card, DVR recorder etc.). That means:
- No caps taken from Internet catch-up TV services
- No photos of a TV taken with a smartphone

Aim of this forum is to host unique and high quality content. With the advent of Internet catch-up services, anyone is now able to get screencaps and upload them here. However, the downside is that quality of the site suffers as a result, and hosting costs go up. After a discussion among admins, it was decided that such poor quality content should not be allowed.

Wolverine I understand you decision in that you want to keep low quality caps off the site and keep low costs down, but I think by not allowing caps from Internet catch-up TV services is not the right thing to do, it will limit avenues in which to get caps, and most of the caps put on the site using these services have been good quality. As an example Carlos78 has been using the Ten Play service and his caps are great quality, I added one of his caps for you to see. I can't see why if they are that good why you wouldn't allow them on the site. By all means the poor quality ones where they are really blurry shouldn't be allowed on the site, but in my opinion the good caps like Carlos78 and others should be. Without them you are going to be left with the same cappers having to do all of the work again and things will be missed.

Maybe if you want to save on hosting costs maybe you should ask that cappers don't post 15 to 20 very similar looking pics but just 4 or 5 instead.

M 1366x768 303

Rod Flanders

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Postby wolverine » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I disagree that most caps from such services have been good but I will also concede that good caps can be had and are worth uploading. Problem is that cap quality is very subjective and it is hard to draw a line in the sand that everyone will see and understand. And that creates more work for admins because they will have to remove those images when they don't meet our quality criteria. That in turn may put off cappers.

If the quality of caps is as good as Carlos78's, I'm sure admins will be happy to leave them in place. I've tweaked the site rules a little to allow such caps only if they are of "exceptional" quality.

Can't say that we ignore feedback from members :wink:

Capo Bastone

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Postby curly_joe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:54 pm

wolverine wrote:
I disagree that most caps from such services have been good but I will also concede that good caps can be had and are worth uploading. Problem is that cap quality is very subjective and it is hard to draw a line in the sand that everyone will see and understand. And that creates more work for admins because they will have to remove those images when they don't meet our quality criteria. That in turn may put off cappers.

If the quality of caps is as good as Carlos78's, I'm sure admins will be happy to leave them in place. I've tweaked the site rules a little to allow such caps only if they are of "exceptional" quality.

Can't say that we ignore feedback from members :wink:

I think that is a perfect compromise, I have seen the crappy caps and yeah they shouldn't be allowed on the site, but it would have been a shame to lose the good ones like Carlos78's caps. Keep up the great work Wolverine, the site is running great.

Rod Flanders

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:54 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 50 posts ]