AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
 [ 307 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Forum is back online on new box (old topic) 
Message Author

Postby atefooterz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:27 am

czblack wrote:
atefooterz wrote:
cq wrote:

By the way, I get alot "You don't have permission to access /forums/posting.php on this server.", dunno why, I have to retry an amount times then it suddenly works.

reposted from Phoebe T thread

Hm... I didn't have any other such problems reported so far and the forum works fine to me too. Anyone else can confirm this?

The only time i have seen this issue is if you do not sellect " stay logged in/ remember me" and only when you stay idle too long on a page ..then maybe get that message .. cq do you have to log back in again to stop that message ?

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:27 am
Profile WWW

Postby cq » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:06 am

It seemed to appear randomly, I did refresh, saw still 'logout' so assumed I was logged in when it happened, I tried clicking on logout, then again login, it still happened. I clicked then on reply, typed 'test', then preview, then it suddenly worked, I tried again my original reply, it again gave that error. I thought for a moment it was refused due to the urls in it, so I gave up for some time, later on I tried again, and my original preview, so with urls, worked, so I could finally post it. A seemingly random appearing terror is a bad error report, I know. If I see it again, I'll try to find more info about what triggered the error. I merely tried to not lose the post text to avoid having to edit/copy the stuff all again. Maybe I clicked back/forth too much :>

Itchy the Mouse

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:06 am

Postby atefooterz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 pm

cq wrote:
It seemed to appear randomly, I did refresh, saw still 'logout' so assumed I was logged in when it happened, I tried clicking on logout, then again login, it still happened. I clicked then on reply, typed 'test', then preview, then it suddenly worked, I tried again my original reply, it again gave that error. I thought for a moment it was refused due to the urls in it, so I gave up for some time, later on I tried again, and my original preview, so with urls, worked, so I could finally post it. A seemingly random appearing terror is a bad error report, I know. If I see it again, I'll try to find more info about what triggered the error. I merely tried to not lose the post text to avoid having to edit/copy the stuff all again. Maybe I clicked back/forth too much :>

What browser do you use .. cookies cleared regularly ? also as i have a very bad connection with drop outs i always use notepad to keep whatever i am posting ( to avoid that bad "internet cannot display page crap ..then blank reply form when reattached with connection )

Santa's Little Helper

Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

Postby czblack » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:48 am

atefooterz wrote:
cq wrote:

What browser do you use .. cookies cleared regularly ? also as i have a very bad connection with drop outs i always use notepad to keep whatever i am posting ( to avoid that bad "internet cannot display page crap ..then blank reply form when reattached with connection )

You're doing great ate, do you have some experience with the customer support? :) It really looks like some sort of connection or browser issue. I've checked the stats and we have 99.8% of documents delivered successfully, so the server should be working fine.

Capo de tutti capi

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:48 am

Postby atefooterz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:45 am

i had a year trying to convince folks their bigpond internet was fine & their puter was at fault ! haha :smoke:

Santa's Little Helper

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:45 am
Profile WWW

Postby sharkboi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

In the last few days I have got this error a few times, but not every time, when I upload images.
Any way I can prevent this on my end?

S 1023x240 261

Troy McLure

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Postby czblack » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

sharkboi wrote:
In the last few days I have got this error a few times, but not every time, when I upload images.

This is because of our current hosting limitations, images are being processed uncompressed, so for a pic with i.e. resolution 1600x1200 the server needs 1600x1200x4 = 7.32MB of memory (x4 - 3 bytes for RGB colors, 1 byte for the alpha channel). Even though the system processes just one pic concurrently for each user, there may be a lot of other users uploading pictures at the same moment, which causes the problem.

We are now preparing for a move on a new machine, which will solve the problem (maybe within several days). Stay tuned... :)

Capo de tutti capi

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Postby czblack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 am

Sometimes even the best preparations don't ensure expected results, like this time. The site transfer will take place few days later. Why? Because our current domain registrar is fucking arsehole. Yes, that's what he is. I didn't want to make the downtime any longer, so we'll first deal with this domain issue and then try again... hopefully with better results :cofee: Well, never mind...

Capo de tutti capi

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 am

Postby mr_walker* » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 am

atefooterz wrote:
i had a year trying to convince folks their bigpond internet was fine & their puter was at fault ! haha :smoke:

And you do a very convincing Indian accent.

Carl Carlson

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 am

Postby sharkboi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 am

czblack wrote:
sharkboi wrote:

This is because of our current hosting limitations, images are being processed uncompressed, so for a pic with i.e. resolution 1600x1200 the server needs 1600x1200x4 = 7.32MB of memory (x4 - 3 bytes for RGB colors, 1 byte for the alpha channel). Even though the system processes just one pic concurrently for each user, there may be a lot of other users uploading pictures at the same moment, which causes the problem.

We are now preparing for a move on a new machine, which will solve the problem (maybe within several days). Stay tuned... :)

Every time I've tried to post today I got this error!
So I'll wait for the move to the new machine before posting any more pics...

Troy McLure

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
 [ 307 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next