AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm



Reply to topic 
 [ 8 posts ] 
 Vlc player 
Message Author

Postby narly » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:30 am


Just updated VlC and now caps are coming out at 720x576 . Video is playing in the correct aspect . I can't for life of me see where I can change it. Never had this problem with previous updates.


Brandine Spuckler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 19636
Karma: 378.65 (74351 thanks)

Location: Adelaide
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:30 am
Profile

Postby sharkboi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:32 am


Image

I use MPC and have the same problem, but I use the Resize Tab in Faststone to resize the caps.

:cheerstothat:

S 836x555 66


Seymour Skinner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 20441
Karma: 222.79 (45538 thanks)

Location: At my computer
Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:32 am
Profile

Postby smokan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:11 pm


Go to VLC - Preferences - Interface, Uncheck "Resize interface to the native video size". Or try other player like MPC as sharkboi said.


Last edited by smokan on Fri May 26, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Maggie's Pacifier
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am
Posts: 1
Karma: none
Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:11 pm
Profile

Postby sharkboi » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:41 pm


Good news for us cappers... :yes:

Now I have WINHD here in TAS, I found I can't cap it with MPC, it can't handle the high bitrate HD .TS files without being blocky, so tried VLC and it plays them flawlessly.

So, I updated to the latest VLC, and have found that it now caps in the correct size and ratio, no matter what channel I record and cap.

:ohyes:


2
Seymour Skinner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 20441
Karma: 222.79 (45538 thanks)

Location: At my computer
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:41 pm
Profile

Postby narly » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:53 pm


sharkboi wrote:
Good news for us cappers... :yes:

Now I have WINHD here in TAS, I found I can't cap it with MPC, it can't handle the high bitrate HD .TS files without being blocky, so tried VLC and it plays them flawlessly.

So, I updated to the latest VLC, and have found that it now caps in the correct size and ratio, no matter what channel I record and cap.

:ohyes:

you still using a Strong box sharky ? Vlc doesn't like Topfield files recorded in HD or anything from 10 or 2.


Brandine Spuckler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 19636
Karma: 378.65 (74351 thanks)

Location: Adelaide
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:53 pm
Profile

Postby sharkboi » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm


narly wrote:
sharkboi wrote:
Good news for us cappers... :yes:

Now I have WINHD here in TAS, I found I can't cap it with MPC, it can't handle the high bitrate HD .TS files without being blocky, so tried VLC and it plays them flawlessly.

So, I updated to the latest VLC, and have found that it now caps in the correct size and ratio, no matter what channel I record and cap.

:ohyes:

you still using a Strong box sharky ? Vlc doesn't like Topfield files recorded in HD or anything from 10 or 2.

Yep, still using my Strong STB, as old as it is it's compatible with MPEG4 :ohyes:

What is the file extension for the Topfield files?


Seymour Skinner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 20441
Karma: 222.79 (45538 thanks)

Location: At my computer
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile

Postby narly » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:22 pm


sharkboi wrote:
What is the file extension for the Topfield files?

Haha , no idea ! I'll have a look next time .


Brandine Spuckler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 19636
Karma: 378.65 (74351 thanks)

Location: Adelaide
Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:22 pm
Profile

Postby mxffiles » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 am


smokan wrote:
Go to VLC - Preferences - Interface, Uncheck "Resize interface to the native video size". Or try other player like MPC as sharkboi said. Even to try using a free video converter to customize the resolution or aspect ratio.

mxf converter free download to convert HD camcorder files. ts mts mod mxf avchd videos


Maggie's Pacifier

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 am
Posts: 1
Karma: none
Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic 
 [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
.